All member reviews for 9

Teen, 14 years old Written byPoison Ivey September 13, 2009

***CONTAINS SPOILERS***At first you see dead bodies, (including that of a baby on a little bike meant for infants, a mother with a child in her lap, and a scientist lying pale on the floor), and the first time the life is sucked out of someone, it is very disturbing and sad. But once you get used to the scariness, the movie is absolutley incredible. It's an ingenious creation. Not for sensitive people. There was an adult woman in the seat next to me who started crying, then a boy who was at least 7 sitting in the front seat, who walked out of the theater saying how awesome the movie was. And he was right, 9 is an awesome movie. You cant miss it.
Kid, 12 years old April 4, 2011

This movie creeped me out when i watched it in theaters. It has great roll models and messages, but intense violence with souls being taken out of the dolls.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySynchronicity September 9, 2009

Not your little brother's animated movie

The tagline for this film is true. 9 is a very good film, and it features breathless, intense action from start to finish, but with moments of humor and quiet as well. In a post-apocalyptic world, the only shreds of humanity left are nine ragdoll-like creatures, whose names are numbers (in the order that they were created). 1 is the ruthless elderly leader, 2 is the inventor, 3 and 4 are mute librarians, 5 is the doctor/mechanic, 6 is the crazy artist, 7 is the fearless warrior, 8 is a Frankenstein-type creature, and 9, the final one, is our protagonist. They all try to save themselves from a mechanical beast that 9 accidentally activates. I do not wish to spoil anything else. In terms of content, this is borderline PG and PG-13. Despite the fact that there's no blood or sex, the dark atmosphere and threat throughout this film will no doubt scare some kids. Some of the ragdoll creatures have their life sucked out of them by a giant robot. Also, there are a few images of dead bodies, a severed hand (no blood, though), and war imagery. Other than that, there isn't any other offensive content. Overall, see this film if you're over 11. I also recommend the short film 9 is based on, but note that it's silent and somewhat more bleak.
Teen, 13 years old Written byluna2211 January 17, 2015

Adaptions and SPOILERS!

This movie is based on a 10 minute long short that was silent except for background noise, which also featured 9 as the only one left alive. I watched this movie with my parents after watching the short on my own. Then proceeded to watch it with 3 of my friends to celebrate my 12th birthday. The movie is gorgeous. Just gorgeous. The animation is beautiful, you can't find any animation better. This movie deserves an award just for that, and we haven't even gotten to the rest of it. The story is scary and emotional. You feel everything the stitch punks feel (Which I guess could be connected to the animation, but whatever). When you watch one of the stitch punks die, you feel like your best friend just died the same way (having their souls sucked out of their bodies by the fabrication machine). I cried really hard when 2 died and then when 5 died, they were my favorite characters, and 5's eyepatch is burned through when his soul is sucked out. This movie is most definitely not for young children, if they see it they will have nightmares. The seamstress is the 2nd bad guy and he gave me nightmares. This is a really good movie but not for young kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybands4life October 14, 2014

My Review on "9"!

Parents need to know that even though this movie is animated, its still PG-13. Actually, the only reason its a PG-13 is because its animated. If this were a live-action film, it would have easily merited an R-rating. I saw this movie partly because it looked really cool, but mostly because it was produced by Tim Burton. I saw 9 when I was 9 (The irony), I handled it very well and i wasn't scared at all, but I've seen every Tim Burton movie(Directed, Produced, heck, even Inspired by Tim) known to existence, including the R-rated musical "Sweeney Todd"(Which I saw when I was 7, but my mom thought I was mature enough, and I was). Now to the iffy stuff. The beginning of this film is pretty disturbing. You see dead bodies, demolished houses and more. The rest of the film is very violent and at times scary. The violence really gives this movie a PG-13 rating. Its constant, scary, and it can very rarely get disturbing. Overall, this emotional, disturbing, violent animated film has positive messages and a strong positive role model. I forgot to mention one scene where a rag doll gets high off of a magnet, but its played for laughs. 11+
Teen, 14 years old Written byGusthepotterhead September 12, 2014

Great movie!!!

let me tell you although it´s PG-13, is a GREAT movie, the story has a message of courage and bla bla bla, a 9 year old kid could watch it, the only thing I think it might be too scary for kids it´s when the machine takes the dolls souls. but no big deal
Kid, 11 years old May 21, 2014

Amazing and stunning movie that will capture your heart but might be too scary.

This movie is on my top 50 movies I ever saw so far and is amazing. But there is a lot of scary parts and disturbing images that may upset children. NOW SPOILERS! Plus, especially 2 and 5's death in this film is very emotional and upsetting, those two capture your heart the most. Plus, 5 of the 9 dolls die and in many ways. (1,2,5,6, and 8 die), and it will scare kids. END OF SPOILERS Now, the movie has a very amazing message like Wall-e. It is that we need to care for the Earth and should always team up and help others out when they are in danger. One good thing about it, is that there is no sex or language at all except for the word fool and coward used throughout. Otherwise, besides scary parts, I wished the movie was longer Otherwise, it should have been fine. My MPAA Rating: PG-13: For Some Intense Sequences of Action and Violence and Scary Images.
Kid, 10 years old February 8, 2014

a very interesting movie

This movie is a very interesting movie full of thrilling scary sad and funny scenes I liked it its a nice movie for children who are more mature at the age of eight or if they're not that mature the age of 10 it should be okay because there is a lot of death and violence but no blood and gore sex or any of that so in all I give it 4 stars
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Messenger November 3, 2013

Not For Younger Kids

I'll bet when you first saw the trailer for this movie, you thought: "This looks like it might be good." Then, when you were leaving the theater after watching it, you thought: "God, why did I let my kids see that?" The critics obviously knew what they were doing when they gave this a PG-13 rating. Although, there isn't any sexual content and little swearing, the violence is enough to make your kids want to leave and put on Barney. It centers around 9 ragdoll beings trying to survive in a post-apocalyptic world dominated by robots. The movie is full of intense action scenes and some characters get their souls sucked out of them. This is definitely not for younger kids, but it still is a great movie with a beautiful, yet sometimes confusing plot and very like able characters.
Kid, 11 years old September 15, 2013

best movie for kids 10 and up.

9 is a neat movie for kids 10 & up.Although,there is a lot of violence and scary parts. Other than that, the movie is really awesome!!!!!!1
Kid, 11 years old August 9, 2013

An Amazing Movie, But Not for Younger Kids

The movie 9, in my opinion, is one of the best movies I've seen. The plot needs a little work, but the movie is sure to catch your attention, this beautifully animated film is a work of art. There are a few drawbacks for younger children. Although there is no blood or gore, dead human bodies are shown in a few scenes, and may frighten young kids. Some of the monsters have a scary look to them, and will jump out nowhere. The first time a soul is sucked out, the victim makes a sickening, small scream and can be disturbing to some people. To me, this movie should be for kids 12 and older, or anyone that can handle many dark scenes in movies.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJimmy Jimmy June 25, 2013

Great movie, just not for the little kids.

This is a very violent film. It is very good though. It teachs many things. But it also may be inappropriate for young children as many characters are seen killed. But it has decent role models, and shows the effects of war, and ends with a positive note.
Kid, 10 years old June 16, 2013

Good animation film

This is a pretty good animated film. My dad took me the day it came out. I was 6. This movie had some violence. Rag dolls get killed by beasts and machines. These scenes are pretty intense. There is no language or sex in this film. This movie is very creepy. Very. I would not recommend this film to kids under 11.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMitchell Charleston May 19, 2013

Interesting.

This is a very good film. Lots of people will enjoy it. Yes, it will scare kids, but it still has great graphics and everything.
Teen, 13 years old Written byglitchmaster March 15, 2013

good but not for 6 years old kids

this is a good movie but if you think this something you can show 5 year old kids you're wrong this issn't like cars or disney this is more realistic and darker not for kids under 10 or 9 the movie is good in my opion 7.5 on 10.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDanish Lover1 October 7, 2012

Sucked

I couldn't imagine a worse story than this. No creativity. Stupid. Not planned out.
Kid, 9 years old September 22, 2012

violent animated drama is good but confusing
Teen, 15 years old Written bymattguy15 July 25, 2012

good movie for kids 10 and up

to much violence between rip dolls or sucing the life out of them
Kid, 9 years old July 3, 2012

3 carecters almostsay bad words!!!!

Okay. 2 almost says sh#t, 1 almost says D!@n and Cr$p. I noteiced that. I've seen the movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMissHope53 June 14, 2012

The Main Idea And Scary-ness Are Only Problems

This movie was one of the best I ever saw. I watched it with my dad and we both found it intriguing and fun. It was not as scary as I imagined it would be, but that's mostly because it's a cartoon. The violence is not a big issue at all, really. Since there are no more humans, it's not a big deal. The only problem with the violence is the idea that machines can take over and finish the whole human race. Otherwise, this movie shows postitive messages, and being the big baby I am- I cried at the end. Not happy crying or scared crying, but sad crying.