All member reviews for 9

Teen, 13 years old Written byclockdud April 10, 2010

Well, that was dumb.

I did not like this. There was like one robot they had to destroy and they always tried to do that throughout the whole movie. 2 is captured let's get him. Wait, where's 8? We need to save 7 now! This got really boring because that's all they were really doing. And then the defeated the robot, and some of them went up to heaven or something. The end. Wait, that was it? Too bad the movie had an obvious ending. It had great potential, but they screwed it up. Also, the characters scarcely talk. They gasp and scoff every ten seconds, but they're very quiet. The only good thing is the animation and there's lots of action. But it was still awful and felt stupid. Skip it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byOldBob13 March 30, 2010

9 is a far cry from an oscar winner, but it is visually fantastic nonetheless

This is what you need to know about 9, the newest movie from Shane Acker. Ok, so it's really not PG-13 material. It's violent and scary yes, but there is no blood, sex, profanity, or drug use whatsoever. 10 year-olds should have no problem if accompained by a parent. 9 is not a very good film in a whole, but the visuals are striking and amazing.
Kid, 9 years old March 20, 2010

Awesome!

I love this movie sooooo much!At first I was scared it was gonna be too scary,but it only made me jump a few times.Why is it rated PG-13?Nothing wrong but a few scary things...coming from me,a 9 year old.
Kid, 7 years old March 5, 2010

Good.

Very violent. But I'm surprised they rated it PG-13.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMimzy February 23, 2010

Really awesome :)

Awesome plot, awesome characters, though it could have been a little longer. But it's still great. I wouldn't take younger kids to see it, though. It's not too scary, but scary enough to give them a bit of a fright. Overall: One of my favorite movies.
Kid, 10 years old February 22, 2010

good family movie

9 should not be p-g 13. it should be p-g. it is a great story. the violence is NOT scary. 9 is a MUST SEE.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 February 16, 2010

Dark, visually brilliant movie

The mood is constantly dark in 9, but that's what it is, so we have to accept it. It came from the brilliant mind of Tim Burton, so I knew it had to be good. I advise watching the short film before seeing this post-apocalyptic movie, because it'll make more sense. The voice talents are superb, and the action is fantastic!
Kid, 10 years old February 9, 2010

9 rocks like a bronco.

This is a perfect movie for the great tweens that love spoofs of WW2 and unbealiveable storys. 9 will work for 10 year olders, but 9 yrs old to 18 months wont get it.........
Kid, 10 years old January 20, 2010

Perfect for older kids and up

Its an awesome movie! i would say that it would be better for older kids and adults.
Kid, 9 years old January 9, 2010

NOT 4 MY SISTER

i want to see it but i cant because my sister was scared of coraline and she'll probally be scared of 9.THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS ROCKS!!!
Kid, 9 years old January 7, 2010

A very good movie!

9 is a adventure because of all of the robots and all of the places they go.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpeedy1108 January 4, 2010

You just have to pay attention!

I saw it and I started to get bored but then I re-watched it and liked it. Younger kids with a short attention span wont like this, but older kids will. This movie goes beyond normal times and is a mix of future and past. Taking place around WW2 It shows what would have happend if the machines had turned on us. If you buy the movie watch the special features TRUST ME you will love them even though they are ten to thirteen minutes long.
Kid, 11 years old January 3, 2010

Facinating movie, but also a tad violent and sad.

9 is a really sad movie, especially towards the end. I rated it ages 9 plus because the violence level is not too bad, just some machines jump out and fight the main characters. Any kid under nine will probably be scared of the movie and think it's too depressing. It's very short, and also very very good. Anyone over nine or ten will absolutely love the stunning effects, great action, and wonderful animation in this movie. Tied with "Up", this is probably the best animation movie I've seen. I strongly reccomend you to watch "9" with your family or friends, as long as you are mature enough to handle it.
Kid, 10 years old January 2, 2010

Ok for 9+. Hands down for under.

I think 9 is not the happiest movie. Kids under my age might have nightmares with the characters in the movie. There is number 1 who is a character, and calls number 9 crude names (although it's not bad language) which can show kids that it might be okay to say those specific names. This movie can be immotional at times so kids need to be prepared.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymysim20 January 2, 2010

Second best movie ever.
Kid, 8 years old January 1, 2010

The rag dolls that they were creating just came alive from the end of world.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybigair December 21, 2009

May be frightening for those who want to see it

This dark movie may appeal to young kids, but it's pretty violent, frightening, and sad. Many characters are killed. I enjoyed it and found it appropriate, but some kids a few rows back (about 9 or 10) were crying near the end. On the bright side, it has great role models.
Kid, 12 years old December 19, 2009

Of all the flicks this year, 9 has to be one of the best. This visually stunning Shane Acker flick (that's right, not Tim Burton!) is set in a apocolyptic wasteland, after humanity has been wiped out. A group of ragdoll manequinns have been created as the last beacon of hope for humanity after the species extinction, and the focused character, #9 sets out to face the machines that have overrun the land. This story is well planned out and original, and the effects are beautiful. Kids under seven may have troucle tackling concepts of death, and the action is dark and grim. For those over ten, you will enjoy this flick immensly.
Kid, 10 years old December 16, 2009

Dark

Very dark violence that people under 7 might not get. It even was pretty complicated for me, and I am only 10. But still a great movie.
Kid, 12 years old December 8, 2009

This movie is AWESOME!

I really liked this movie! The characters were cool, and there were no downsides for me...but the movie could have been a tad but longer and probably not as many deaths. :)