All member reviews for A Cinderella Story: Once Upon a Song

Entertaining tween fairy tale has obvious happy ever after.

Parent of a 12 year old Written bydramaqueen@hotm... September 11, 2011

kids teens adults we can all watch iy yay!

this is a great movie i think for children all ages i just recently purchased the dvd btw nice movie so yes kids you can watch it don't worry parents its not a bad movie no its a good movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byNinja Tuna November 7, 2011

B word is not needed

This was a WONDERFUL movie with a WONDERFUL soundtrack, but it does use the 'B' word. I don't know why in the world they had to do that. I think the movie would have been even better without it. Still pretty good, though. I don't think that six year olds should listen to the b word, but I had to rate it on everything else, not just one bad word. And the part where the little brother takes her cloths is also not needed, but funny for older audiences.
Teen, 13 years old Written byadelani December 3, 2011

awesome

i think it is a great movie
Kid, 12 years old January 1, 2012

PG? REALLY?!?!

THe whole story is obvious, so u wont miss much if you don't watch this. They say the B word a few times, and the mom makes countless orders to get her some kind of acohol.... I personally hated it. THere was one seen where the younger brother steals the girls clothes, forcing her to walk around in the buff, and is even seen by some guy while wearing a welcome mat.
Adult Written byAmy Unruh January 20, 2012

Too wordly, bad example for children.

I'm not sure how the sexual innuendos have escaped people so far, but I noticed them and my husband and I did not appreciate them. We don't have kids, but would not have allowed them to see this film if we did. One line I remember is when the stepmother is telling her daughter that if she is successful, she can get a pool shaped like Colin Farrell, and then she can see ALL of him. It is said in a very suggestive way. The music is nice, even sassy, and the voices are really great. That's about all I was able to enjoy. Good moments in the film were quickly ruined by rampant Hinduism (though a bit fake and made fun of), bare bellies, and a lead guy who can't tell the difference between a blonde with green eyes and a brunette with brown eyes. I was offended by the unnecessary scene of the girl getting locked out of the house naked and then welcoming the lead guy character with a welcome melt around her. He seems so sweet, except that he says her appearing like that is (another innuendo) a "Gift from God," and then promptly forgets about her when her stepsister ushers him inside the house and closes the door on the "Gift from God." He is too quickly interested in the stepsister, which makes me wonder at his moral character. I think the scene that offended me most besides the naked scene was the ball scene. This is a high school dance! And the boys were, of course, fully clothed while the girls were mostly in bikini-type tops with bare middriffs and belly dance pants and skirts starting at their hipbones. The dancing was quite sexy in parts and highly inappropriate for a PG-rated movie. The alcohol use was over the top, but it was portrayed negatively. I must say that I did like the ending. I thought it was a great way to end the film, as the music was the best part of the film.
Educator Written bycaffinegirl85 January 27, 2012

nicely done!

i actually liked this one. its cute and the girl can totally sing. such a beautiful amazing voice . wow great Cinderella movie it really is!
Teen, 15 years old Written byPITLadyPalutena99 March 31, 2012

I've met one of the extras

/i know the guy that sings in the bathroom and wears the purple hat.He Goes to my church
Kid, 11 years old August 24, 2012

Best one yet!

I loved this movie so much that I practically know it by heart! I think it is great for any child 8-up. There are a few swear words/half swear words that get cut of by other people inturupting. The stepmother is an alcoholic as well. Other than these minor things, the movie has an awesome ending and great music! It is by far my favorite movie!!! :) (and it is PG)
Teen, 13 years old Written byilrabbits July 12, 2013

it is amazing anyone would love it

i think it is amazing
Kid, 11 years old January 14, 2013

Great movie

I really like it but the girl was naked for a scene but just the sholders legs and stomach the say the 'a' word and the 'b' word and the mother always is drinking. The positive message it alway show yourself because in the end she came out and got a record deal. LOVE THIS MOVIE. I think is 9 or up becasue 1st of all first ask your parents then I think it is 9 because 8 is to young 9 is okay 10 would be the best. there is NO sex just the naked scene
Kid, 12 years old November 4, 2013

Awesome!!

This is a great movie perfect for 11-13 year olds. Lucy Hale is a great actress to see and the story follows the storyline of Cinderella. There are a few kisses, a bit of bad words and a little bit of wine, but otherwise it's great!
Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2013

Drama

I think this movie is for girls 12 and up, because some of the language is inappropriate for some girls who are younger then 12. But, I think it really depends on the parent's decision. There's some kissing involved in this movie. But there are some lessons in The Cinderella story, and that is, that you should be nice to other in life and follow your dreams.
Kid, 12 years old August 31, 2014

some scenes not needed

there are some scene that they shouldn't have added as they are inappropriate for under 9 years so other than that this movie is great for tweens teens and for the whole family
Adult Written byLioraP August 20, 2014

LANGUAGE alert!

Did any parents actually WATCH this movie? I was working on the computer and listening casually and heart first "Biotch" then later actually "I know my mother's a Bitch but…." I also heard Crap. And all sorts of inappropriate references. I turned it off for my 10 yo girl after the Bitch part though. I have a feeling these aren't the only two or 3 language slips. It isn't a good fit for us. And we're not particularly conservative!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bysh14 November 9, 2013

is it good or bad

its a good movie but its not really good for kids under 12 or 13 so I suggest pg12
Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2013

Once upon a song

It's like any other movie that kids go wild on; except with the word bi*ch included, which was really not necessary.