All parent member reviews for A Clockwork Orange

Parent Written byLynchFan June 1, 2012

ahead of its time

This is a masterpiece, one of the best films of the 70's. But its clearly NOT FOR KIDS. it has rape scenes, beatings, disturbing images, and some intense moments. if you are 17+ YOU HAVE TO WATCH THIS!!!
Adult Written byluckymac219 March 9, 2011

For Mature Teens ONLY

An excellent classic film, but NOT appropriate for kids or young teenagers. A mature teenager, however, would be able to understand its context.
Adult Written bylebowski1 July 20, 2010

not for kids at all

this is an incredibly violent move. but this movie has a beauty to it that i feel is hardly ever noticed by viewers. this movie is not for kids or those easily offended.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byFinder July 8, 2010

Good but Gross

This movie was brilliant! but i would not let my kids watch it. it just has too much nudity and rape. that was the downside of the movie. one scene is fine but three or four is just too much! i am used to violent movies, those dont bother me. there isnt really any gore. The whole movie is just odd, but the message is good. I would say a mature 15 or 16 year old would handle this just fine.
Adult Written byvicky92 September 14, 2009
love this movie!! iv'e always wanted to see it ever since i was little & saw the cover of it every time i would pass it at Blockbuster. But at least I was mature enough to see it as art from my point of view. I'm 17. I finally saw it when I was either 15 or 16. Of course not all parents will see it as art. If I had kids I wouldn't let them watch this movie 'til they were at least 17 lol Definatly recommend it for mature older teens.
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written bySuperParent August 29, 2009

REAL HORROR SHOW!!!

It is a Terrific Kubrick Film, Macolm Mcdowell is amazing as the role, but it does contain, some graphic nudity and sexual situations! might want to watch it with your kids!
Adult Written byPixieChick September 25, 2010

Disturbingly Accurate of Modern Times

I think it's a good movie with and is good for college and high school students to watch. The violence is shown but it's not gory and bloody like modern movies it is just simply disturbing to watch. It makes you think which seems to always be a dangerous thing in modern times. We have to remember that this movie was supposed to be of a futuristic London and we are now living in a not so different world than the Anthony Burgess had predicted.
Adult Written bybporter28 April 20, 2009
Adult Written byconcatsanddogs101 March 8, 2016

Bizarre. Disturbing. Satirical. Amazing.

A CLOCKWORK ORANGE is an extremely intense movie. This is not a movie meant for kids, unless they understand the important morals of the plot. Unlike many films made these days, the violence serves a purpose. Nevertheless it is very inappropriate. Many times, people are beaten by a group of teenagers with clubs. A scene of near rape (full frontal female nudity) which is interrupted, an intense scene of beatings and rape in which we see full frontal nudity once again when her clothes are cut up. A a teen boy goes through an intense, emotional reconditioning process. He is forced to watch a video where a man is beat and begins to bleed and a woman is raped. A woman is seen in the reconditioning process wearing only underwear. There is a sped-up sex scene with a boy and two girls. A nurse's breasts are seen as she puts her clothes back on. In a dream sequence, a boy and a topless girl have sex in the snow. Many characters are surrounded by erotic imagery. A brief glimpse of a boy's penis is seen. Language is not really an issue. The f-word is used at least once. Again, there is violence, mainly rape and beatings. The most violent moment is when a boy and a woman have a fight. He holds a penis statue while she tries to attack him with another. He eventually knocks her out and kills her with the statue. A boy and his gang drink milk with drugs that is given out by a naked statue woman's nipples.
Adult Written bybenthehunta February 12, 2016

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It is a well put together, family friendly story sure to warm your hearts. the film is about a young lad called Alex who likes to eat eggy-wegs and munchy-wunch lomticks of toast. Alex and his pals love to play pranks on unsuspecting women all consensual of course ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).
Adult Written byShortswald March 2, 2012

A Hypnotic masterpiece!

The film is great on the meditation of violence. The film doesn't show you that the character is evil, but the society itself. The film shows the consequences of violence. The film is not for kids, due to a rape scene of a woman, beating of an old man, a lot of nudity in this film so be careful.
Adult Written bygigibaby February 21, 2011

Cant make my mind up

Really good film if you understand the message but what if you dont? What would you hope was the message your children found? What would you like them to get from film & literature? Sometimes we need to think about what we subject an "innocent" or unsophisticated mind to.
Adult Written byStardustFantasy June 24, 2009

A Clockwork Orange is a good film, but...

it deals with a lot of sex/violence. I think a mature 16 year old would be able to handle it, but this movie is definitely not for kids.
Parent of a 4 year old Written bypurpledots November 25, 2010

Excellent movie. Enough said.

Excellent movie, one of the best ever made. The only thing inappropriate about this film was the nudity, teens know what people of both genders look like so I do not consider that a problem. Anybody who has seen saw, hostel etc has seen something 50 times more violent/graphic than this movie. It is a movie that everyone should see in their life time. The first time I saw this I was 10 and it didn't bother me in the least bit. It is extremely thought provoking and unique/bizarre. I would recommend it to everyone.
Parent of a 1, 9, 10, and 14 year old Written bythejokerspencil March 17, 2009

Different but...........interesting

I stopeed this movie after 20 minutes because of its sickness but then I started to think about and just decided to watch it and it surprised me! 20 years of age and older be careful about this mature film.
Adult Written byJayGatsby December 8, 2011

Makes a strong argument for free will

This is an extremely offesnive movie. Language is mild, and violence is mild, but the sex is extreme and continuous. There are at least eight to ten instance of nudity, with two instances of full female nudity. And there are three rape/semi-rape scenes. This makes the film wholly unacceptable for anyone under 18. That said, I thought A Clockwork Orange was a staggeringly thought-provoking and powerful film. It has some very strong things to say about adolescent violence, free will, and societal justice. The film makes a compelling argument for free will and shows that chemical conditioning is not enough to "cure a wicked person." Rather, the transformation of a bad member of society to a good member of society needs an inner change, a heart change, and the film shows that clearly. Despite the graphic nature of the film, it is a pure masterpiece, and has well-earned its recognition as a cinema classic.