All parent member reviews for A Clockwork Orange

Parent of a 4 year old Written bypurpledots November 25, 2010

Excellent movie. Enough said.

Excellent movie, one of the best ever made. The only thing inappropriate about this film was the nudity, teens know what people of both genders look like so I do not consider that a problem. Anybody who has seen saw, hostel etc has seen something 50 times more violent/graphic than this movie. It is a movie that everyone should see in their life time. The first time I saw this I was 10 and it didn't bother me in the least bit. It is extremely thought provoking and unique/bizarre. I would recommend it to everyone.
Adult Written byPixieChick September 25, 2010

Disturbingly Accurate of Modern Times

I think it's a good movie with and is good for college and high school students to watch. The violence is shown but it's not gory and bloody like modern movies it is just simply disturbing to watch. It makes you think which seems to always be a dangerous thing in modern times. We have to remember that this movie was supposed to be of a futuristic London and we are now living in a not so different world than the Anthony Burgess had predicted.
Adult Written bylebowski1 July 20, 2010

not for kids at all

this is an incredibly violent move. but this movie has a beauty to it that i feel is hardly ever noticed by viewers. this movie is not for kids or those easily offended.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byFinder July 8, 2010

Good but Gross

This movie was brilliant! but i would not let my kids watch it. it just has too much nudity and rape. that was the downside of the movie. one scene is fine but three or four is just too much! i am used to violent movies, those dont bother me. there isnt really any gore. The whole movie is just odd, but the message is good. I would say a mature 15 or 16 year old would handle this just fine.
Adult Written byvicky92 September 14, 2009

love this movie!! iv'e always wanted to see it ever since i was little & saw the cover of it every time i would pass it at Blockbuster. But at least I was mature enough to see it as art from my point of view. I'm 17. I finally saw it when I was either 15 or 16. Of course not all parents will see it as art. If I had kids I wouldn't let them watch this movie 'til they were at least 17 lol Definatly recommend it for mature older teens.
Adult Written byappy polly loggies September 13, 2009

not for entertainment

my favorite movie of all time. i first watched it when i was 14 and that was definitely too young. my mind couldn't get past the shock so i wasn't able to see the message in the movie. when i was 17 i got the real point of the movie which is- "when a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man." alex becomes a clockwork orange by being able to only do good works after the treatment. By a clockwork orange i mean that he is like a machine that is wound up and set to be "your true christian." he is filled with sweetness like an orange, but it is artificial hence, a clockwork orange. most people 17 and over will be able to grasp this message if they are willing to think about the movie, and not just watch it for entertainment. extremely good movie, just try to sit through the horror and dig for the message. it is well worth it.
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written bySuperParent August 29, 2009

REAL HORROR SHOW!!!

It is a Terrific Kubrick Film, Macolm Mcdowell is amazing as the role, but it does contain, some graphic nudity and sexual situations! might want to watch it with your kids!
Adult Written byStardustFantasy June 24, 2009

A Clockwork Orange is a good film, but...

it deals with a lot of sex/violence. I think a mature 16 year old would be able to handle it, but this movie is definitely not for kids.
Adult Written bybporter28 April 20, 2009

Parent of a 1, 9, 10, and 14 year old Written bythejokerspencil March 17, 2009

Different but...........interesting

I stopeed this movie after 20 minutes because of its sickness but then I started to think about and just decided to watch it and it surprised me! 20 years of age and older be careful about this mature film.