All member reviews for A Clockwork Orange

A violent meditation on violence; graphic and disturbing.

Kid, 12 years old January 20, 2011

perfect for all ages

Teen, 14 years old Written byCedricDoodlehopper January 11, 2011

Stupid

This movie should be NFK. It is so stupid.
Parent of a 4 year old Written bypurpledots November 25, 2010

Excellent movie. Enough said.

Excellent movie, one of the best ever made. The only thing inappropriate about this film was the nudity, teens know what people of both genders look like so I do not consider that a problem. Anybody who has seen saw, hostel etc has seen something 50 times more violent/graphic than this movie. It is a movie that everyone should see in their life time. The first time I saw this I was 10 and it didn't bother me in the least bit. It is extremely thought provoking and unique/bizarre. I would recommend it to everyone.
Adult Written byPixieChick September 25, 2010

Disturbingly Accurate of Modern Times

I think it's a good movie with and is good for college and high school students to watch. The violence is shown but it's not gory and bloody like modern movies it is just simply disturbing to watch. It makes you think which seems to always be a dangerous thing in modern times. We have to remember that this movie was supposed to be of a futuristic London and we are now living in a not so different world than the Anthony Burgess had predicted.
Kid, 11 years old September 9, 2010

Definently a movie not for kids.

This film is nowhere as obscene as people say it is, and I recommend it for people 13 and up, as it as an excellent film but with scenes of rape and graphic violence, along with horrible role models and consumption of drug-related beverages.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheComposer July 22, 2010

If You Can Stand It . . . Watch It

GREAT FILM. If you have read the book and can handle think you can handle the movie I strongly recommend it. If you are mature enough to handle the violence/sex, I strongly recommend it. I can say which ages this is appropriate for, because I believe that it is the level of maturity that matters.
Adult Written bylebowski1 July 20, 2010

not for kids at all

this is an incredibly violent move. but this movie has a beauty to it that i feel is hardly ever noticed by viewers. this movie is not for kids or those easily offended.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byFinder July 8, 2010

Good but Gross

This movie was brilliant! but i would not let my kids watch it. it just has too much nudity and rape. that was the downside of the movie. one scene is fine but three or four is just too much! i am used to violent movies, those dont bother me. there isnt really any gore. The whole movie is just odd, but the message is good. I would say a mature 15 or 16 year old would handle this just fine.
Kid, 10 years old May 30, 2010

Not that inapropriate

As many say it is,it's not really ultraviolent.sure a few scenes of rape ang beating but not much.Kids 13 and up should see this.P.s. My favorite movie
Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 January 1, 2010

Iffy for 18+

I have heard my family talk about this movie, and by getting more information from the review I gather that this movie is intended for adults. I'm pretty sure this was even originally rated NC-17. I think it's a good story, but it would be better to stick with the book. Even the book itself would probably be barely appropriate for 16/17+. First of all, viewing sexual assaults is disturbing to everyone, especially young teenagers. Second of all, this movie contains disturbing and graphic violence, which in this case is probably not suitable for anyone under 17. Third of all, this movie contains sex and nudity, and depending on the context is usually not suitable for anyone under 17 or 18. Now, all of this puts together, gives you a very adult, and mature movie, so I will have to rate this 18+.
Adult Written byvicky92 September 14, 2009

love this movie!! iv'e always wanted to see it ever since i was little & saw the cover of it every time i would pass it at Blockbuster. But at least I was mature enough to see it as art from my point of view. I'm 17. I finally saw it when I was either 15 or 16. Of course not all parents will see it as art. If I had kids I wouldn't let them watch this movie 'til they were at least 17 lol Definatly recommend it for mature older teens.
Adult Written byappy polly loggies September 13, 2009

not for entertainment

my favorite movie of all time. i first watched it when i was 14 and that was definitely too young. my mind couldn't get past the shock so i wasn't able to see the message in the movie. when i was 17 i got the real point of the movie which is- "when a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man." alex becomes a clockwork orange by being able to only do good works after the treatment. By a clockwork orange i mean that he is like a machine that is wound up and set to be "your true christian." he is filled with sweetness like an orange, but it is artificial hence, a clockwork orange. most people 17 and over will be able to grasp this message if they are willing to think about the movie, and not just watch it for entertainment. extremely good movie, just try to sit through the horror and dig for the message. it is well worth it.
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written bySuperParent August 29, 2009

REAL HORROR SHOW!!!

It is a Terrific Kubrick Film, Macolm Mcdowell is amazing as the role, but it does contain, some graphic nudity and sexual situations! might want to watch it with your kids!
Teen, 15 years old Written byErik R August 8, 2009

Good film, maturity required.

A Clockwork Orange. It's neccessary for parents to understand this is a brutaly relentless film that will make viewers uncomforabtable. There are fairly graphic sex scenes and a fair amount of violence. That being said, it's a very thought provoking, complex movie. It shows us the importance of free will. Be warned though, this is only for very mature teens! I reccomend parents see the film before deciding if their teen could handle it.
Adult Written byStardustFantasy June 24, 2009

A Clockwork Orange is a good film, but...

it deals with a lot of sex/violence. I think a mature 16 year old would be able to handle it, but this movie is definitely not for kids.
Kid, 10 years old June 19, 2009

Superb, and thoughtful drama.

Extremely inapropriate. Otherwise, awesome. NOT FOR KIDS.
Teen, 17 years old Written byoctober1985 June 1, 2009

It was give an X-rating back in 1971, however by today's standards the worst part of the movie is the sex. It's failry graphic. The violence is mostly PG-13 level, except for maybe one scene with a bit of blood
Adult Written bybporter28 April 20, 2009
Teen, 14 years old Written byeastside01 April 13, 2009

A clockwork classic!

One of the greatest director's of all time Stanley Kubrick gives us this insightful shocking classic about gang violence. Sometimes this movie is hard to watch but you know it's just a movie If you were a parent with a daughter I wouldn't show it to her, or if you have a disrespectful punk in the house i wouldn't show this to him either, but if you have a mature kid than let him have a go at it. Besides that the movie is made by it's standout star Malcolm Mcdowell, and how you can ruin a splashy song such as Singin' in the rain, is beside me.
Kid, 12 years old April 5, 2009

Okay movie, good horrorshow. LOL

Look, I'm 12. I saw it. Creepy, sexy, violent, the works. A bad movie for kids younger than me, and barely iffy for kids my age. But overall, good.