Kid reviews for A Dog's Purpose

Tearjerker is sweet, poignant, and occasionally violent.

Teen, 13 years old Written byjohnybob44 January 13, 2019

The best Movie for All dog Lovers out there!

This is an amazing movie that shows a family and the bond that they have with their dog. I saw this movie with my friend in the theater and we cried for almost the whole movie. I would not recommend this movie for kids younger then 10 years old because (SPOILER ALERT) every dog dies but at the end the dog figures out that its purpose is to make their human happy. Also the dad does drink a little bit but not to much.

Teen, 13 years old Written byIzzyGirl18 September 6, 2018

My Favorite Movie, A Little Violence

This movie is AMAZING, but there are a few scenes where the dog dies and one time there is some blood.

Kid, 12 years old August 14, 2018

Good, no s-words

This movie is really great, and CSM says there is s--t but they're wrong, there is only insults and may or may not have "crap" in the movie.

Kid, 10 years old June 10, 2018

One good movie

You might get emotional , but it's a nice movie
Kid, 11 years old May 22, 2018

It's Great, But it has some very sad parts and some minor innapropriate content.

It's a great story, but It will make you cry due to some of the deaths of the animals and also it does show abuse sometimes, but is great for kids older than 11. The violence is the dog having to expirience death, but the dogs are found doing exactly what the title is, doing it's purpose.

Kid, 9 years old April 10, 2018

Great movie but very sad

i think it was a great movie! there was a little bit of violence ( fires, dying, one dog geting shot) that could be upsetting to littler kids and the dad is drinking a lot t one point. But overall, it was a great movie!

Teen, 14 years old Written byPhoenixGirl1588 April 7, 2018

Great Movie, Some Things Parent Need To Be Aware Of

A Dog's Purpose is a wonderful, mostly family friendly move featuring dogs and friendship. However, as with many other movies, it contains some questionable matierial. Drinking is shown during Ethan's fathets frequent drinks. Some violence(a dog is killed in a graphic scene where he pretty much bleeds out). Ethan has a girlfriend and they have a somewhat upsetting break-up. Supervision is a must for kids younger than 10 years old. Even for kids older than that I would recommend supervision, but it is not a must have. Teens are probably okay, but I'll let you decide what for yourself.

Teen, 13 years old Written byIloveponies20 April 3, 2018

I cried.

Don't watch this movie if you're extremely emotional! Usually I get small tears in my eyes at movies, but this is the first movie that I became hysterical. The dog dies many times, and it made me think of my dog who died, who lived to be 16. I don't like the idea of her with another family.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHello16848484 February 3, 2018

Perfect

Very emotional, but also very sweet. Violent, and hard to watch at some times. One of my favorite movies, I love it.

Kid, 10 years old February 2, 2018

so sad

Kid, 11 years old January 23, 2018

Great movie-Will make you cry

This movie has great messages about family and finding meaning in life. I spent about 3/4 of it crying my eyes out. Dogs die multiple times (one gets shot) and are sometimes abused by their owners. Iffy themes include alcohol, some bullying, and "face-licking"-I'm quoting here. Over all, it is an amazing movie that gets you to really think about purpose in life, and will probably make you cry along the way.

Kid, 11 years old November 20, 2017

Great film but has emotional scenes

This film is so good. It’s funny, it’s sad, it’s happy - it’s an emotional rollacoaster. Some scenes may be upsetting for younger children but I love it. It’s so cute with all the dogs and there is no swearing
Kid, 9 years old October 7, 2017

good movie

some violence but fine
Teen, 13 years old Written byQueen123 September 9, 2017

12 and older, great, heart wrenching movie, yet some violence and teen romance

This movie is amazing and made me cry, especially the German Shepard police scene, that was so sad..I love how this movie depicted of many dog reincarnations. But I don't understand why comman sence media say 10 and older. That's crazy. Many uses of sh*t, brutal gunshots to a police dog, many romantic scenes, not for anyone 12 or 13 and older.Shows lots of drinking. It shows a drunk father, beating and messing with his son and wife, intence, but okay for older kids, 12 to 13. :) great movie thought. Awesome.

Teen, 14 years old Written byHays316 August 8, 2017

Heartwarming, sometimes intense

I usually would think a dog movie couldn't live up to the classics, but it does a great job. The narration of the dog throughout the movie really helped me be in tune with the dogs thoughts and feelings. There are some mature themes like the father being an alcoholic, kid napping, gunfights, and obviously death( mostly the dog). There is one use of the s word, but no other language. Overall this movie is great for the whole family, as long as you know your kid(s) can handle violence. There is also a few brief kissing scenes, usually interrupted by the dog.

Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2017

Great movie for older kids (10+)

A Dog's Purpose is a great movie. It is bittersweet tearjerker that will have you laughing out loud and fighting back the tears. I would recommend this for older kids though. The father is an alcoholic, and there is kidnapping and a dog bleeding out included in the movie. I believe the fire scene could be too much for families with young children. There is some profane lauguage used, the worst being s**t, which is not appropriate for younger kids to hear. But overall, a GREAT choice for families with older kids.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybrandonjbaseball July 11, 2017

A good family movie

This movie is a good movie to watch with family the only bad things are some violence and sad parts.
Teen, 15 years old Written byKingsmen July 8, 2017

Not for people who don't like animals

I am not really an animal person so I did not enjoy this movie as much as my sister did. After a while the movie became flat and not really interesting, the idea of reincarnation left me confused.
Kid, 12 years old July 7, 2017

A great movie

This movie does contain violence, but it's not bad! There's just [SPOILER ALERT] a dog, who died 4 times. Yes, it does sound bad, but it's actually not. How it dies, is just that it gets tired and then goes into another life, that's all. There were only two scenes which you may rate as 12+ Somewhere in the start of the movie, someone fires up the house, and Main Character almost dies with it's dog and mother Second is when the dog got shot by saving it's owner, that's all. And while the time goes by, movie contains great messages about life. So, it's not very violent. It is sad though. But I still can just say, it is a great movie, and I recommend it!

Teen, 16 years old Written byjhrocks June 27, 2017

Fun but really sad

Fun movie But includes mostly sad moments Dogs get put down/shot with a gun Incudes dialogue about the dogs depression Fun but sad is more overpowereing in this movie. If you have a weak hart or very sensitive to animal deaths do not go and see this movie. it will make you cry