All member reviews for A Few Good Men

Teen, 15 years old Written byRhian De Questa July 30, 2013

"They stand on a wall, and they say 'nothing's gonna hurt you tonight. Not on my watch."

One of my favorite movies of all time. It's one of those "it makes you think" movies. The film brings up the timeless question - do you follow your duty or your conscience? Parents need to know that there is a lot of language that include just about everything curse word ever invented, and used multiple times each, though in justifying context. A characters us VERY rude to a woman. There is no real violence but a shot of a bed where a man died is covered in bloodstains, and a man commits suicide, though nothing after him putting the gun in his mouth is seen.Tom Cruise steals the film as the sarcastic lawyer who has never been in court and is thrust into it as a defense for two Marines who are on trial for murder. Demi Moore is his aspiring assistant who wants to clear the two men from their charge, and Jack Nicholson is the Colonel Jessop, the antagonist of the film who splendidly portrays a course, sinister side but is the best at what he does - protecting the country. A supporting cast of Kevin Pollak, Kevin Bacon,and Kiefer Sutherland make it a wonderful film to discuss and a great insight into the life of the marine corps, with scenes of humor and a lot of quotable lines. The whole movie revolves around court and is mostly dialogue that might be hard for younger children to understand, but is fascinating for older teens who will be able to follow to banter of the prosecution vs. the defense. It is six out of five stars.
Kid, 12 years old July 16, 2014

Great movie

"A Few Good Men" is an interesting movie with positive messages. I think it should be rated PG-13. Appropriate for teens, although some might find it boring.
Teen, 17 years old Written byqwerty keyboard December 29, 2012

Now this totally deserves a PG-13

Wow, CSM is being overprotective on the age range, so what if there is some blood, not really blood spewing out of bodies people!!!!! This is a great educational film, and with a great purpose. The sex is barely any at all, the only big problem is language, but 12 and 14 year olds should handle it!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written by4tora9 February 13, 2011

Only violent in the very beginning, so skip that part. I watched this with my whole family (one baby bro,mum, and sis my dad didn`t want to watch) also with a bunch of cousins my age.They say way to many bad words, and children 10 and under will not understand anything they would be saying. I watched this at the age of 12, it was easy for me to comprehend it. There was a part in a bar where Tom Cruise and his `friend`are drinking. And he gets way too drunk while he is coming home. Criminals charged of being criminals so that could scare little children. The most of it is good, but they jazz it up with a bad word. Like the a-word, b-word and of course f-word. But I still love it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKaty0 September 15, 2009

Very good

I really did enjoy this movie it was well made and well acted. However, I did watch it when it was edited for TV so I couldn't comment personally for the appropriateness of the content in the original version.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydaksiva April 9, 2008

Good movie.

I enjoyed this movie very much but other teens my age might find it boring or to slow paced.The movie is approprite for teens 14 and up depending on what is considered acceptible in their household.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrbrooksie12 April 11, 2013

rbrooksie12 "A Few Good Men"

"A Few Good Men" is a great film for younger teens. Can be watched by children over 12. Rated R for Language
Teen, 15 years old Written byReviewExpert January 4, 2013

Brilliant Movie

The movie is brilliant. It has great acting. I saw this when I was thirteen. It has brief violence in the beginning, but none after that. There is a scene where Nicholson tells Cruise about having sex with his senior officer who is a girl. There are many uses of f words and other words but not too bad. There is a scene where Cruise is drunk and a scene where characters smoke. Cruise is a positive role model because he goes to all extent to save to marines who are standing trial.