All member reviews for A Fistful of Dollars

Guns galore in intro "spaghetti Western" serving.

Teen, 17 years old Written bydawtpbwv July 18, 2011

A F F O D review

it's perfectly fine
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr Blonde January 29, 2014

Sure it may be a little too violent but the dollars trilogy are the kinds of classics all kids have to see before they are too old
Kid, 12 years old January 6, 2013

Cool, Italian Western introduces Clint Eastwood.

This is a good movie. It was made by an Italian, which introduces the "spaghetti western" genre. This movie contains dramatic and suspenseful music from an Italian composer. This flick contains bravery, drama, thrills, and a little bit of violence; I think it has everything that a good western should have (though I don't enjoy graphic violence). I gotta say, though, Common Sense Media, mislead the review. It does have some blood, which I don't know why they didn't notice. The first half is kinda bloodless (there still is some shooting) but once they start beating the "Man With No Name", it gets more violent from there, and contains more blood. It's a great film, but make a wise choice about who to let see it. I'd probably rate it PG-13 for some western violence and a brief beating. At times, Clint Eastwood may be represented as a good role model by being brave and standing up for others.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjames brown April 9, 2008

I can't help but loving it!

after I broke my arm I couln't do anything exept watch movies(not even play video games!). so I went to a second hand movie store and bought this movie and it's two sequles, and this is my favoret of both of them. it's my favoret clint eastwood movie and my favoret western movie. oviously CM doesn't know what their talking about, this movie isn't "not rated" it's rated R but, at the time it was made there was no PG-13 rating. in my oppinon it should be rated PG-13 I recommend this movie to anyone there isn't even any bad language! 11 and up it's a go!
Teen, 15 years old Written byMavrah333 July 30, 2015

While a classic, and historically important, Fistful fails to deliver any true thrills.

Written byAnonymous June 14, 2015

Thrilling Eastwood movie is perfect for teens+

My rating:PG-13 for western violence
Adult Written bysarge123 January 24, 2015

A good movie, but very violent/intense and ok for 15+

This is one of the most bewildering CSM reviews. This movie is bloody, brutal and at times rather disturbing. There is a reason why it is rated MA15+ in Australia, a rating that indicates 14's and younger can only watch accompanied by a parent. Some 14's could handle it fine, but 15 is the only safe bet.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth July 11, 2014

Clint Eastwood's first great classic.

One of great films from the old west. Clint Eastwood's character kills people without any remorse. This movie would be rated PG-13 if it was a more recent movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMaWalker66 April 22, 2014

LEARNING
Kid, 10 years old September 16, 2013

Amazing speical effects for the time being made

Clint Eastwood does it again another awesome hit!
Teen, 14 years old Written bySuddenImpact August 27, 2013

Great Western

Great western. Common Sense says it's Not Rated but it was re-rated R. It's ok for 11 and up because it's not too violent and believe it or not I have seen PG rated westerns a lot more violent than this.
Educator and Parent of a 3, 10, 13, and 15 year old Written bytheprincessmommy May 24, 2012

Some Concerns, but Approved for My Boys

Although this is a very violent movie, I approved it for my 13 and 10 year old boys. Unlike most westerns, the main character was not out for revenge. He was obviously plotting two rival western gangs against each other to rid the town of them. A town whose innocent people had been tortured, murdered, and worse by these bullies. In this time and place in history there was no court or prison system; the only way to protect the innocent from evil-doers was to end the lives of the evil-doers. I believe "killing the bad guys" is only appropriate in a circumstance like this where victims can be protected in no other reasonable way. Also, unlike most westerns, there was a great respect for the personhood of women (and children and good men too). When the main character had the opportunity, he didn't even look at a vulnerable woman inappropriately, let alone lay a hand on her. Also, it shows another woman as valuable for being the person she is, as well as for her important roles as wife and mother in her family. The main character also protects a victim family with, potentially, his life, taking a severe beating and knowing he might die, but continues to keep the family protected. These things are very commendable as far as I'm concerned. There are some drawbacks, and it did take some conversation between my husband and I to determine if our boys could watch this. There is a little revenge at one point when he prolongs the death of a bad guy a little, but it's not as obvious of revenge again as in most westerns. The women's clothing is certainly low-cut, although I don't think they come across as provocative, but rather the style of the day. There is a LOT of mindless killing, although by the bad guys in order to show just how ruthless they are. There IS blood, despite what the Common Sense review says, though not much and it looks more like paint, and the "murderous suitor" DOES "lay and hand on her" - he kisses the captured woman. And it may be of concern to some parents that there is continuous smoking and a lot of drinking. Overall, I'm glad I previewed this. I had said "no" upon reading the Common Sense review, but decided to preview myself after the heartfelt pleading of my older son. :)
Parent Written byPlague February 26, 2010

A Fistful of Dollars

Gotta love the Eastwood westerns. What a fantastic preformance.
Adult Written bytrojan51 April 9, 2008