All member reviews for A Good Day to Die Hard

Adult Written byMATUREKIDS February 16, 2013

Good movie

Their are some swearwords.
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 February 16, 2013

explosive fifth entry in Bruce Willis action franchise definitely isn't as great as the first, isn't really true "Die Hard", and a lot of it makes no sense but as a standalone turn off your brain action flick...awesome!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written bymovie loving teen February 15, 2013

Its not the best in the series but hey its enjoyable.

This could have been PG-13 but I'm glad it was R because they get to say the trademark line. This R but not a hard R it relativily borderline PG-13. Dont trust the website on this one, they say its not appropriate for kids that are 14. I'm 14 and I've seen alot wore then this. No to how good it was, i liked i think its pretty underated actually.
Parent Written byPoundtho June 5, 2013

Nothing like the original.

Teen, 14 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 October 18, 2013

second best in series is mildly bloody and very entertaining.

a massive, super-explosive entry in the popular Die Hard series is the second best film is the franchise, falling close behind Live Free or Die Hard. anyway, this movie delivers the goods, and by goods I mean giant explosions and huge gun battles. and although the violence isn't all that bloody, some of the amped-up mayhem may be too intense for younger action junkies. throughout the movie, many people are shot, blown up, beaten, crushed, and even shredded in helicopter blades. there are explosions, car crashes, mild blood sprays, and scene where John pulls shrapnel out of Jack (nothing is shown). the language is strong, with uses of the F word and S word constantly.
Kid, 11 years old August 29, 2013

MPAA and critics are Super WRONG

Why is everyone hating this film. Can't anyone just say yes to Bruce Willis. MPAA is so dumb to rate this R because it isn't a true R like Olympus Has Fallen. It deserved a PG-13. Live free or Die hard was more violent then this. Parents, do NOT listen to MPAA or Critics because it was an epic thrill ride. I put a thing down about what families should know because I had to. A Good Day to Die Hard was an easy PG-13.
Kid, 9 years old April 3, 2013

Great

I saw this movie in the cinema with friends it was really good i don't know why a lot of people hated it i thought it was Awesome it is iffy for 7 to 9 on for 9 to 10 I loved it a bit violent and a bit of swear words including 16 uses of f**k several uses of s***t to but overall awesome
Parent of a 10 year old Written byBruinsmama February 25, 2013

a DIE HARD family

My Husband & I love DIE HARD and showed our son the first one this past Christmas on DVD. Our son is 10. He loves videogames and understands the difference between"cartoon" violence and "six o'clock news" violence.. We took our son to see this DIE HARD on Opening Weekend. It was our son's first Rated R movie(in the theater). We enjoyed it as a family becasue we take it for what it is: a good old shoot em up action film. It has no social redeeming value, excpet for perhaps the side storyline of the father/Son bond being healed. I know it is not for everyone, but you can call us a DIE HARD family!
Teen, 16 years old Written byOfficial Critic February 25, 2013

A Good Day to Die Hard Review

For all its mayhem, for all the smashing windows and kabooming fireballs, the grenade launchers and giant helicopters, A Good Day to Die Hard not only fails to top its predecessors, it also forgets the basic Die Hard rules.
Parent Written byShivom Oza February 18, 2013

A Good Day To Die Hard (2013) Review by Shivom Oza - A Bad Film For 'Die Hard'

In the fifth installment of the 'Die Hard' film series, 'A Good Day To Die Hard', Bruce Willis is back as John McClane. This time the American cop travels to Russia to help his son Jack McClane crack down a terrorist plot. Although the action pieces are well-conceived, shot and executed, the story just doesn't make the cut. Back up the ordinary plot with below-the-par dialogues and performances, and the end result is a disappointing film. Die Hard 5 lets the 'Die Hard' title down, big time. While Die Hard 4/ 'Live Free Or Die Hard' had Officer John McClane (Bruce Willis) rescuing his daughter, this one involves his estranged son Jack McClane (Jai Courtney). Jack has been staying in Russia as a spy working for the CIA. He has been working to prevent a major terror plot. Also, he is supposed to protect the Russian political prisoner Yuri Kumarov (Sebastian Koch), whose life is threatened by Viktor Chagarin (Sergei Koleshnikov), a corrupt, influential Russian official and Alik (Radivoje Bukvić), who is presumably a gang-lord. John learns about the impending danger to his son's life and he sets off for Russia. Over there, the father-son duo comes face-to-face with all these troublemakers. What follows are numerous gun-shots, car crashes, explosions among other novel action sequences. The plot is a let-down. The story was equally implausible in the fourth film and one realizes leaps of faith need to be taken into consideration for such big-ticket actioners, but Die Hard 5 is just not gripping enough. The only bright spots in the film are the wonderful action pieces and some witty banter between Willis and Courtney. Most dialogues focus on Willis' age, baldness, gumption etc. At other times, he is taking jibes at his son. You may welcome a few scenes with a reluctant guffaw, but it doesn't take too long for the proceedings to become outright boring. Director John Moore has made a good action-scene catalog. Feature film, not quite! This film should disappoint 'Die Hard' loyalists as well! Shivom Oza
Kid, 11 years old February 11, 2015

A Good Day To Die Hard

The Film Follows John Mclane to Moscow It's Fun In Parts But it's quite boring a car chase goes on for 15 minutes the key issues are language (f**k) and moments of action violence and shootings but it's very over the top and unrealistic however it should be okay for older teens. There's also a scene showing drinking and there's infrequent mild innuendo.
Kid, 9 years old October 8, 2014

a good day to die hard

i love it
Kid, 11 years old August 29, 2014

A Good Day to Die Hard

A Good Day to Die Hard is a great action film!Bruce Willis is great as John Mclane and Jai Courtney scores as Mr Mclane's son. The violence is moderate, containing car and helicopter crashes,punching and quite allot of shooting but luckily there is no blood sprayed when characters are shot and there is no stabbing. The language is also moderate, there are infrequent use of the F word and moderate use of the S word.If you are an action fan, then this is for you,I love this film.I recommend that on average, no one under the age of 12 should see this.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth July 1, 2014

Yippy ki yay mother russia

A good day to die hard wasn't as good a day as we all thought/hoped it would be just as much cussing as the rest and just as much action
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr Blonde January 28, 2014

Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2013

New die hard doesn't live up to reputation

I honestly expected better but it's not bad and it is violent but as bad as other movies.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 July 3, 2013

die hard is going to die hard..

I watched this last night with my friends and I have to say I was quite bored with it. Also this seemed like one of the tamest die hard's there is except for the original version of live free, but that ones unrated was about as bad as this. The violence was pretty mild, the reason for the R rating was for the language which was a lot less than number one had. My nine year old sister could handle this, but she feel asleep so it wasn't really worth it. Pretty mild but not a good movie.
Kid, 12 years old May 17, 2013

It's alright. Although, you need to be mature.

In USA the film should be rated a PG- 13 for strong language, moderate violence, threat and brief nudity. Every scene involves guns or explosions. Although, it is about a father and son getting to know each other well. That's the positive message. Sex And Nudity: A woman strips and we see her in a bra. Only for 4-8 seconds. Violence: Many people are shot. Some people are killed during the car chase. A man is shot we see a little bit of blood. And others are stabbed and shot at the end. Language: The f- word is used three times. Threat: Two men jump out of a high window. Cars are set on fire. A man jumps out of a helicopter.
Parent Written bySimon S.G. March 2, 2013

Can't this series die now?

By god has this series gone sour..! The first movie was so good but for each new instalment the bar has been lowered a little bit further... It feels boring and cliché half the time and the good parts do not make up for it enough. See it if there is no better option or you just want to turn your brain off.