All teen and kid member reviews for A History of Violence

Teen, 16 years old Written byCurbspaget April 9, 2008

Very, very, very bad.

I watched this movie after reading the book (which is very different and much better), and thought it was horrible. I think the book was a little more violent, but I don't understand what was up with the whole sex scene. That was no where in the book.
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 July 30, 2012

Mature drama

:Lots of graphic bloody violence, some sexuality and graphic nudity, and some language. Not for young or immature kids
Kid, 9 years old January 12, 2009

Violence is OK for fifteen year olds

One part I desire is when a gun shot killed an actor.
Teen, 14 years old Written byI_Slay_Covenant April 9, 2008

Trash, Garbage

First let me say i can handle violence i've seen a great deal in my time, some quite explict. yet i found this film 2 be utteerly rediculess there was no need for the amount or detail put into the violence of this film. to be honest i wish i had never watched it, i've seen shooter, punisher, resident evil, just 2 name a few, though they were voilent they had perpose, this is just garbage. A man has his throut stepped on and crushed, a mans nose is beaten flat into his face. a man starts to rape his wife in a marital dispute then she consentes and they have steamy sex on the stairs 4 like 5 mins compleate with moaning and screaming, maria bello enters the room the following scene in an open path robe revealing FULL FRONTAL!! the movie was bad don't watch it!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bydippendots April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written bydamoviecritic April 9, 2008

it's a drama, not an action movie

One thing that I really disliked was that this movie was advertised an action packed thriller. It is not. It is a Cronenberg film in the vein of Spider. It is slow and thoughtful. This is not supposed to be action packed. It is intended as a meditation on the horrific effects of violence and one's past, and on this level, it succeeds fantasticly. The best movie of 2005.