All member reviews for A League of Their Own

Terrific tweens-and-up story of women's baseball.

Teen, 17 years old Written bycraftysafdie April 9, 2008

Adult Written byMovieLover101 April 9, 2008

A nice little film about a womens baseball league

I enjoyed this film. It was quirky and cute, yet daring. Early Hanks is great with good supporting cast. I thought I was going to dislike it since these type of movies are "Not my thing", but I was suprised. Great family film to watch with the kids on a Sunday evening.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byScienceIn June 13, 2011

A Baseball Classic

So few baseball movies of interest and appropriate for the tweens. This one was LOVED by my 10-year-old son who found the humor, message, and baseball plays all entertaining. He was remembering things to me the following day -- something he's never done before. You'll need to deal with the drunk of a manager, but even he redeems himself in the end. Language was nothing more that a bit crude, but certainly funny and memorable for the 10+ boy.
Kid, 9 years old July 14, 2010

A Classic Comedy

When my mom showed me this movie, I didn't think I was gonna like it. But when I actually WATCHED it, I was rolling on the ground laughing, I think I scared my dog! It was SOOOO funny! My favorite part was when the fat kid covered the bus driver's eyes. i regret doubting it.
Kid, 9 years old April 14, 2010

A League of their own.

A League of their own is a must see. At the beginning, it's slow but later in the movie it's really good.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPexi April 9, 2008

Great Movie! Must See

This is my favorite movie!! I love it. I think its great for any age. i watched it the first time at aage 8 and loved it, so i recommend sharing it with your children.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviegeek222 April 9, 2008

Kid, 10 years old July 24, 2009

good movie

I saw this movie when I was 8 years old this aint that bad its a great movie! they should put less swearing.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byTsion July 7, 2009

A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN is a funny, inspiring movie that has perfect acting and a perfect script. It would be an excellent choice for family movie night. There is some language: several uses of "d**n" and "h**l", and one "b***h". A man calls another a "penis with a hat". There's some mild sexual innuendo: "All-the-way" Mae exerts her feminine charms on men. She teaches another girl to read using a presumably sexually explicit novel, and, when she goes out on a date, a woman asks her where she got her dress. Her response: "It doesn't really matter, I'm not planning on wearing it very long". When she goes in to confession, the priest "drops his Bible twice" from inside the confessional. She suggests that having a "wardrobe malfunction" may attract publicity to the league, but the suggestion is met with negative response. One man is disrespectful and a drunk, but most characters are kind, determined, and good role models for kids.
Kid, 12 years old September 29, 2010

I loved this movie. some parts are inapropriat but in most part it teaches you a great lesson. than if you go for something and try to acheive it then chances are you will.
Adult Written bysoymissk8 April 9, 2008

Favorite Movie.

Definatly makes my best hits list.
Kid, 10 years old March 29, 2011

Awesome

One of my favorite movies.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTwilightgirl137 June 29, 2010

Gram Slam for A League of Their Own!

This movie shows that women can do anything! I wish they would still do women's baseball :( but this movie was so cool! Drinks are used and body parts too, but a very funny movie!
Kid, 12 years old December 23, 2011

BEST MOVIE EVER

It was GREAT... I hate baseball but it was perfect. Mae is the most inapropriate charector in it becuase she thinks shes sexy... thats about it
Adult Written bybrennafly April 9, 2008

great movie

This is a great movie to watch! I love this movie especially because I love baseball. Tom Hanks was great. Everbody 10 and up should see this movie. The language wasn't too bad. A character was drunk in the beginning of the movie. Good Movie!!!
Kid, 11 years old October 22, 2010

LOVE the movie.
Kid, 11 years old May 10, 2011

Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 22, 2012

league their own

Families can talk about women's role (or lack thereof) in most professional sports. Do you think women could compete equally on men's teams? Why or why not? In order to keep the game popular with fans, the players flaunted their femininity. Do you think this was all in good fun, a sign of the times, or somewhat demeaning to great athletes?
Kid, 11 years old May 15, 2012

Great Movie

This movie is really good I saw it in class for Women's History, but it says bad words like the b word and the s word
Kid, 12 years old April 16, 2012

f

It is great movie that tells the story of women's baseball. There are a couple things that younger kids might not understand though. Most boys probably wouldn't want to watch it but it's a fun movie for girls AND boys.