All member reviews for A Little Princess

Teen, 16 years old Written bychartergirl July 31, 2009

one of my favorite movies

This movie was really sad but amazing at the same time.i cried about 8 or 9 times and i NEVER cry at movies.....until now!
Teen, 13 years old Written bysneeze2much April 24, 2011

Perfect for young kids!

This movie is really good!! There are only a few scenes from when Sara's dad goes to war, but really they wouldnt even be considered scary. Sara is an excellent role model young children can really get positive feedback from her.
Kid, 12 years old April 24, 2010

i love this movie! it is a tad scary at the end and in the middle...but other wise it would be a good movie for kids. the first time i saw this movie was when i was six and it was a little scary because Sarah almost did but the rest was perfect. I could go on and on about this movie but i will stop myself before i spoil it for everyone.
Kid, 11 years old February 28, 2015

GREAT!

Great film. Some child abuse and racism. I cry ever time at the end. Sarah almost dies sometimes. Some scenes show bombs, and are scary. The stories Sarah tells are scary. Sarah and a African American girl Becky are servents and live in the attic. Other wise some great messages and role models in this movie.
Kid, 9 years old June 1, 2014

so amazing

I have seen sooooooooooooooooooooooo many movies but none like this one. the girl is so heart warming and determined I want to be just like her! there are some scenes with guns and police trying to hunt her down though its mild. She is nice to every race and she be comes a black servant girl's friend. I think it u love awesome movies, this one is for u.
Kid, 12 years old March 31, 2013

Teen, 13 years old Written bycupcake_36524 January 18, 2012

a littl princess

i think that it is a great movie .... with sara as the main chrachter who has a lot of good charchteristics and it teaches alot of good manners
Kid, 11 years old June 17, 2010

wonderful movie, a little scary, but good. not much language.
Kid, 12 years old August 8, 2009

A Little Princess

This was a really good movie. I've seen it a couple times, and I never get tired of it! There is some violence like battle scenes and shoving, but it's not that bad. Sara is a good role model because she makes friends with the nerdy girl and sticks up to the bully in the group. It's a really good movie and I think that you should see it, too!
Teen, 14 years old Written bybookfriend1993 April 9, 2008

A good movie, but not as good as the book

It really irritates me when people make a movie "based" on a book, and several of the main facets of the story are altered so that there is a trite, happy endng. This was one such movie. The book was far better, and more believable. To put the book aside, the movie was well acted and touching. Still, why is Hollywood incapable of respecting literature?
Kid, 9 years old January 22, 2015

Good with some scary bits

There is men that are at war in it and some emotional bits. It still has fantastic role models and a great message.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLaiba Rizwan July 13, 2013

All are Equal

I think this movie is very good for children 5-7. From this movie we come to know that we should never do strictness on others without reasons. We should never think that she is poor, she is rich. We all are equal as are religion tell us.
Kid, 9 years old August 25, 2012

Great choice

I LOVE this movie. So sweet!!
Kid, 11 years old May 2, 2012

A beautiful heartwarming story. Love it!!!

The little princess is one of those movies you can watch over and over again and never get tired of it. The movie is about a mean woman who uses children to do chores if they have behaved bad, but theres this little girl who one day comes and tells the other girls storys she was told, and lets them experience happiness in life. The mean woman soon becomes mad at the girl and uses her to mop floors and do chores but she soon finds her way out of the problem and gets the mean woman fired. The main message is everygirl is a princess no matter the mean comments people tell you, you ignore the mean comment and take in the nice comments and stand grand. This movie is a classic. wonderful and heartwarming. Thank you for reading remeber to stand grand!!!
Kid, 11 years old February 28, 2012

Good movie

I didn't see all of this movie- just the ending half when it was the Friday night family movie GO had playing amoungst the hundreds of ads you can't avoid on TV nowdays. What I did see of it I loved, and thats why I'm about to buy the DVD. Scary parts: Sarah nearly falls from the top story of a tall building, only to land on a hard concrete ground if she had fallen, and where her father was thought to be dead. I highly reccommend it anyway!
Teen, 15 years old Written byTiffy6666 July 25, 2011

Princess movie for the princess within!

I think this is a fantastic movie, which really brings out the little princess within. I myself would watch it over and over and over. I think it is a coming of age for little girls. Sara is a particularly positive role model expressing that even though she has lost so much, she could still have it worse. I believe every girl should see this movie. 10/10
Kid, 9 years old April 30, 2010

Good Movie

People who like princess movies or orphan movies and revenge movies will like this movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written byamelia915 January 22, 2010

Helped Shape Me Who I Am Today

I remember as a little girl watching this movie hundreds of times. This movie is pure magic. The scenes, the stories are so beautiful. I love the message of this movie. Every girl is a princess, no matter what :)
Kid, 11 years old July 29, 2009

Children (a.k.a Ages 2-7) (too immature, bad, uneterntaining for boys, made for girls)

It is a little immature and there are no "real world" situations. Well, there are but no one of the characters "stand up" or "protest".