All member reviews for A Midsummer Night's Dream

Sumptuous version, both earthy and enchanted.

Teen, 15 years old Written byOfficial Critic May 31, 2012

Dull, boring, irritating, one movie you should skip out

Boring, lame and dull. It's so goddamn long (since it is so boring), with irritating voices and a stupid plot. There are no funny scenes, no action scenes, NOTHING. Just a complete dull movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydurf15 May 14, 2012

a little inappropriate

OK, first there is more than one scene of nudity, both male and female, although most of it is hard to see, it also has a few bad words too.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBestPicture1996 May 1, 2012

Faithful adaptation

After reading the book (which can be tedious at times, but you're glad you tackled the classic at the end) I can report that it was very true to the source, Shakespeare's language in it remained. The acting is fine, especially Kline and Tucci who seem to have the most fun with their roles. There's a startling amount of nudity in this movie, which surprised me when they showed it at school.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bycrankylibrarian January 3, 2014

Terrrific intro to Shakespeare for tweens

One of the funniest adaptations of one of Shakespeare's funniest plays. Stanley Tucci steals the show, playing Puck as a decidedly earthbound underling, in awe of, yet exasperated by his suave demanding boss Oberon. The lovers (Including Dominic West from "The Wire" and "Batman" Christian Bale) pull off some wonderful slapstick, yet Kevin Kline (Bottom) and the other mechanicals are unexpectedly touching.
Kid, 12 years old October 21, 2012

N/A

It was a good movie but its not my type. But we watched it in school so cant be so inappropriate or teachers would not choose it.
Educator and Parent Written byCrotonParent May 11, 2013

MIDsummer - MIDddle school not so much...save it for high school

I showed this movie to my 7th graders. While some of them thought it was fairly appropriate, some probably felt it was a bit mature for them. The acting is okay. There really is no great version for kids under the age of 13-14 to enjoy, but then again, it really is best suited for high school and older.