Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for A Mile in His Shoes

Inspirational baseball tale about an autistic pitcher.

Adult Written byTrinaBambina April 17, 2013

A Mile In His Shoes - Great family movie with a good message

I just watched this movie with my kids (7, 8 and 11) and we really enjoyed it. There were times when I grabbed the remote, because I was not sure how a scene was going to be handled, but the film makers did a great job of telling the story without rubbing your face in the hard parts. Highly recommend this movie!

Adult Written byMamitadeTian November 6, 2012

A positive message about Asperger's Syndrome

I like how this movie addresses Mickey's Asperger's, but also portrays him as a natural part of the team and the world. I want my children to receive this kind of message in a normalized, understated way, and I love that a movie can be one way to do it. Another positive message is one that comes from the coach, who puts the player before the game. On the other hand, having the person who instigated a physical attack by two faceless characters on Mickey be able to come back and play for the other team may create more tension and excitement, but it is also confusing, plot-wise, and morally. The attack scene is the only violent one in the movie, lasts only a few moments (and, given what's out there, is relatively benign). This was a decent movie and a fun time, not only for my sports fan, but for the kid who just wants a compelling story!

Written byAnonymous August 18, 2018
Parent of a 8, 14, and 17 year old Written byFernando V. May 17, 2018

A Mile in his Shoes Review

I thought this film was okay. It has drinking and a main character gets kidnapped and might scare younger viewers, but he does it found. This film is about a 18 year old boy with Asperger syndrome, a form of autism. The film does has a poor performance from the coach and other characters. The actor who plays Mickey doesn’t portray autism that well, but it is mostly accurate. I’m going to give A Mile in his Shoes a 6/10.