All member reviews for A Monster in Paris

French monster movie encourages looking past the surface.

Adult Written bynduns April 19, 2013

A brilliant film

I'd heard a lot about this movie and after finally seeing it, I was impressed. The songs, while not a big focus, are quite memorable and the characters are lovable with Francoeur himself being a true angel. Honestly, my only complaint with this film is that there are times where it doesn't seem to know whether it wants to be a fun animated adventure or an art house film as it often seems to jump back and forth, but all in all, it's very good and I highly recommend it.
Kid, 12 years old June 4, 2013

________________________________________________________________________

Really nice cartoon and family movie!
Kid, 9 years old April 20, 2013

Great fun!

This movie is a very interesting love tale and at the same time, it is a very good comedy.
Parent Written bynmheller July 21, 2013

Delightful with enough suspense for older (8) children

Beautifully made, great messages but with enough drama to keep an 8.5 year old entertained and still be ok for the younger sibling.
Parent Written byshonnapdx January 19, 2015

TERRIFYING for younger children

I heard from other parents this was a great movie to watch with my young child. I even looked it up on here (on my phone) before deciding to watch it with my daughter (4) and I CANNOT BELIEVE nowhere does anybody mention that this movie is absolutely TERRIFYING for younger children. At least ones that have not been overly exposed to violence and scary things on tv. Within the first five minutes my daughter was in tears from being so scared of the giant crocodile jumping out, and relentlessly attacking the couple (as I'm struggling with the remote trying to turn it off). So later, I thought I'd review the movie to see if I could keep track of the scary parts, and just skip them. Well, there are so many scary parts within the first 10 minutes that I gave up trying to keep track. The "flea" is VERY scary (at least at first, as far as I watched). Parents, be warned, preview this before showing it to your young child. I really wish I had. I do have to say the animation and scenery is beautiful, I'm very disappointed I won't be able to watch this with my daughter.
Parent of a 6 year old Written byDDK January 14, 2014

A definite winner for the family

The music is gorgeous, the story is sweet, and the graphics are beautiful. A charming movie. Kids younger than 5 might be too worried about what could happen to Franc. This movie flies by. I would love to own the soundtrack.
Teen, 16 years old Written bythelittlegirlinabox August 12, 2013

Not so Phantom of the Opera...

I have always wanted to see A Monster in Paris ever since I saw it on IMDB. I was thrilled when I found a kid's movie based Phantom of the Opera. I didn't expect to be like How to Train Your Dragon or Tangled, but it was decent enough that I got have way through it. Just one thing turned me off. It was the singing flea. Really a flea? Was that best you could come up with? Just over all I did not enjoy it.