All member reviews for A Scanner Darkly

Not yet rated
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviemogul 2.0;... April 9, 2008

Awesome movie, and a pretty good adaption of a great novel

Keanu is back in this awesome movie, where the use of drugs has split his brain into two conflicting hemispheres, rather than two that work together. Because of this, he has problems remembering everything that he has been doing lately. Also, another thing this movie addresses is if the government should be allowed to survey people within their homes. In a sense, "Scanner" is a bit like "1984" by George Orwell. As for the live-action animation-- that was spectacular to look at, and helped add to the feel of the movie. As for content, the worse thing to worry about is the sex, but it was rather brief. The language isn't nearly as bad as other movies, such as "Good Will Hunting", but could trouble some people. However, I think if you're thirteen or up, than the language isn't something that you haven't heard already. So overall, this movie was fantastic, and I can't wait to see again with my friends.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywalamoonbeam April 9, 2008

Very goo movie.

This movie was one of the best I have seen in a LONG time. There is some sex, and drug use, but the story is great. It teaches a great moral at the end on how much drugs can really mess up your life. Great movie, but just cover your kids eyes when someone is nude, or sex is going on.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008
Teen, 16 years old Written byCurbspaget April 9, 2008

Amazing!

This was very true to the book, which I liked a lot. You should be sure you read the book before you see this, it is still much better.