Kid reviews for A Star Is Born

Cooper, Lady Gaga shine in tragic story of love, addiction.

Kid, 11 years old July 31, 2019

Boring!

Boring film goes on forever. Ally starts off ok but ends up being stupid. Jackson is an addict and a bad role model. Managers encourage Ally to change her personality and looks. Unnecessary swearing and multiple sex scenes. Just don’t bother watching this film.

Kid, 11 years old July 21, 2019

Really good

I can definitely see how some parents may not want their children watching this but im 11 and i watched it and its nothing i or you kid doesnt know already.. sorry to break it to u but they know what sex is, they have heard cuss words before, heck they might even cuss themselves, and they learn what alcohol and drugs are in school and not to do them.. so if your kid knows all this already i think it is a very amazing movie to watch... just bring a box of tissues

Teen, 15 years old Written byCameron._.smiles July 7, 2019

I really don’t get why this is rated R. I’d guess it is from all the swearing, but I can assure you that high schoolers hear that stuff everyday at school. Plus I watched an edited version that had the swear words replaced with ‘frick’ and other words like that. It is a version that is available and my parents let me watch this version because the were more comfortable with me seeing it that way. Yes it does contain a lot of alcohol and drugs but it is in no way glorified. It doesn’t show any specific gruesome details of his suicide. The sex scenes are nothing you wouldn’t see in a PG-13 movie. Overall I think it’s a pretty good money with some quality lessons. I don’t see a problem with a 14 year old seeing it and a 12 year old if it’s the edited version that I saw.

Kid, 12 years old July 1, 2019

If 12-14, only watch with trusted adult!

as a 12-year-old, this movie was very good. I watched it with my parents and they told me to cover my eyes for the short sex scenes, which I was fine with. I think you should only watch this if you can handle sex, swearing, drugs, and alcohol. I'd totally watch this movie again!

Teen, 13 years old Written byRandom_Reviews May 25, 2019

Wow

This movie...it's just...WOW. I watched this with my mom because she wanted to see it, and I wasn't too excited. It just seemed like another washed up alcoholic love story, y'know? That was definitely not the case. I fell in love with the characters immediately, and even with their issues, I still wanted them to be together. And like with other depressing movies, I cried. Oh boy, get your tissues ready. Parents beware: This movie deals with some strong issues and isn't for young, immature kids. This includes heavy swearing with a colorful variety of words, extreme drinking and drug use, many sexual references including some scenes, and some violence. (Including death.) I definitely don't want to spoil too much, so just believe me, it's a pretty mature movie. With that out of the way, I can't emphasize enough how amazing this movie is. The story, the characters, the music, the actors; they're all good apart, but put them together and you have something that would win Movie of the Year. (And if "Shallow" doesn't get stuck in your head, you're absolutely insane.) 10/10...I LOVE THIS MOVIE

Teen, 13 years old Written byGem_reviews May 8, 2019

Disappointing

All of my school friends were all hyped up about it, saying that it was amazing and that the thought it was really good but when I watched it I was extremely disappointed. There was a lot of swearing, drug taking and sex which kind of set off the whole plot. They could have still involved it but they went a little over the top. The movie went for too long, my family sat there for over two hours bored wondering when the movie was going to end. The ending was really random, like what brought the movie and the "star" to that tragic ending it was just unnecessary.

Teen, 14 years old Written byHugh Jackman May 5, 2019

Not great

The foundations for this film is basically sex, drugs, alcohol, swearing and suicide. Not for kids.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymaciek123 May 2, 2019
Teen, 14 years old Written byHeyyyyy12445 March 29, 2019

Fantastic

My parents let me see this movie after they saw it in theatres first and they never let me see rated r or mature shows and movies. It was great, I loved it definitely one of my favorite movies. Our family even bought it! I counted over 80 f bombs though but nothing I haven’t heard before. It is an emotional movie and has some sex scenes in it but they are quick. There is also a lot of drugs and drinking but the movie definitely doesn’t glorify that lifestyle.

Teen, 14 years old Written byscootsmeyer8 March 21, 2019

very dark but intertaining

I recently watched A Star is Born and although very intertaining the story was very dark. some of the concepts would be hard for younger kids to understand and has a lot of adult themes. I would not recommend for younger kids.

Kid, 10 years old March 20, 2019

Now I have three romance movies I really like!

1. A Star Is Born 2. LaLa Land 3. Love Simon all great movies. Now there are positive messages but is heavy on sex, language, and substance abuse. One shot of Lady Gaga's breasts and then a one scene with a glimpse of her fully naked. Jack and Alley have sex for thirty seconds too. But that's about it on sex. And in almost every scene jack's drinking or having drugs. Language wise expect tons of F bombs and the s word. Really good good but very adult.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheRightStuf March 15, 2019

Kid, 11 years old March 11, 2019

Teen, 17 years old Written bybiovox14 March 4, 2019

Mature, sad, but beautiful.

So this movie content wise wasn't too strong, a large amount of drinking, drug usage, some sexual content and very strong language. Its a powerful, beautiful movie, and probably one of the best I've seen period, inspite of its sadness
Teen, 13 years old Written byps2641r5 March 3, 2019
Good movie deals with some topics that might not be good for kids under 12 or 13 like alcoholism, addiction, mental illness and suicide. The songs are good. Good movie. A lot of cursing (mainly the f word).
Kid, 11 years old March 2, 2019

Don’t recomend for immature children.

I’m 11 years old, but I’m very mature. At first my mom didn’t let me see it but then she took me. First off, it had a lot of profanity. F******, f***, and many other words. It has some sex scenes, ally and Jackson. You can see a drag queens fake breasts, allys nipple, but only for a second, and ally’s full naked body but blurred. People making out, and some mild violence. A suicide attempt made by the main character, Jackson, by hangin himself with a belt. If you have a child, they probably have heard about profanity, sex, drugs, and some more intense topics. Also, Jackson does drugs, a lot of drinking, he has a alcohol, drug addiction. If you have a 6th grader and up, they should be fine. Like I said, nothing they haven’t learned about. Also a great chance for them to ask questions about some topics in the movie!

Teen, 17 years old Written bylgaga1fan February 24, 2019

Tragic tale that still stands the test of time.

Gonna be hard to process this if you haven't really been in a relationship or at least have a thorough understanding of love and relationships. Amazing performances across the board from the leads and the the supporting cast. Great musical performances. Incredible cinematography and sound mixing. Lots of drug abuse is prevalent throughout the film. Can be disheartening if you know the impact of drugs on somebody's life.

Decent messages about love and sticking to your creativity as well.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymatthewm_06 February 20, 2019

A Star is Born Review

I personally liked the movie. The beginning was really slow, but the end started to become really good. However, I thought the ending was really depressing.

Teen, 13 years old Written byRosesFromMars February 17, 2019

WAY OVERRATED FOR HOW BAD IT IS!!

I'm going to be honset.. one of the most boring and dull movies i have seen and everyone in my family agrees.. There was no story.. it was plain and it just lead up to a sad ending. I expected to watch and fall in love with it.. (as i am a sucker for sappy, deppressing dramas and romances)But this was just sad.. HOW DID IT GET SO MUCH GOOD REVIEWS? Huge waste of time. He got drunk.. he passed out.. she was worried.. she sung.. he got drunk again.. And this loop just goes on and on and ON till he ends his life. Horribly dissapo
inted. Didn't move me at all. Sorry Bradley.. just stay with acting.

Teen, 15 years old Written byJackson D. December 23, 2018