All member reviews for A Town Called Panic

Stop-motion comedy adventure with subtitles, a few curses.

Parent of a 10 year old Written bybflood October 7, 2012

Funny, a bit scary, worth it....

We loved this movie but there are some inappropriate things such as drinking, language, and cartoon-y violence. Some scenes may be scary to younger viewers (barracuda attacks and a surprising, growling bear). Definitely worth watching even though a bit long. Enjoy!
Educator and Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written bystarsinmyeyes June 23, 2013

A great family night pick!

Overall, this was a funny and unusual film. It was a great first subtitled film for my kids who are 7 and 9. There are a few scenes worth mentioning - Cowboy panics and starts shooting his rifle wildly into the night (but it's funny and no one gets hurt), at a party lots of beer is served and one of the characters gets drunk and a bit belligerent (but he's a rowdy character anyway, so it fits his part) and finally, in one scene where the main characters get tricked, the tricksters laugh at them out the window and call them "dumb asses". There are other minor swear words: b*st*rds, d*mn, and h*ll. (CSM won't allow the whole word.) Still, if the younger audience is watching with adults, there isn't anything that can't be managed with a little bit of the old PG. A great family night pick!
Parent of a 10 year old Written byBrentB June 8, 2012

Comedic anarchy

This movie is hilarious and inspirational - the animation is just crude enough to get a kid's mind going and really think about what they could accomplish with a camera, some toys, and a little bit of mad creativity. My daughter and I have watched it over and over and never get tired of it.