All member reviews for A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas

Raucous, crude stoner comedy is funny but not for kids.

Parent of a 13 and 16 year old Written byA Mom November 11, 2011

TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE! Lots of reviews here obviously written by kids!

This movie is funny, no doubt about it, but the few positive messages do not make up for the awful messages! The drug use is constant and it isn't just pot, there is cocaine and ecstacy too. The worst part about the drugs is that a toddler is given cocaine, pot and ecstasy throughout the movie, and it is seen as funny, even by her father. In addition, this is the first time commonsense media has let me down with a review by not listing the sexual content! The scene where a man m********** while giving a woman a backrub, is not just that, it is against the woman's will as she is manipulated into it and has to kick the guy off of her. The bare breasts and butts isn't a one time thing, but several times, including a scene of several women as NUNs in the showers nude, full on female nudity, and a scene with a man posing as Jesus walking around with two bare breasted women as his "goddesses". The one sexual intercourse scene is while a teen girl begs the guy to "give it to her p****" and then berates him for going soft. The same girl later tries to get an adult man to "f***" her and it shows her on her knees trying to get his pants off. The message of old friendships being key in life, family as a priority, are great, but still this movie is over the top for young teens and kids. I took my 13 year old son and his friend after reading the reviews here and even they admitted how inappropriate it was. They loved it, but still were embarrassed and knew it was inappropriate for them. Oh yeah, my husband, who is usually much more lenient about what our son watches just reminded me about two scenes where male genitals are shown....one in claymation and one where the man's p***** is frozen to a pole. Commonsensemedia.org failed miserably this time at warning parents of what is in the movie that may be inappropriate.
Adult Written by~Troll~ November 7, 2011

A+

Great movie!! Funny. Not near as bad as they make it sound.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGSP October 11, 2012

Hilarious third entry contains crude sexual content, drug use, pervasive language, and some graphic violence.

This film is hilarious, yet it contains pervasive language, drug use, crude sexual content, and some graphic violence. Although underneath all the crude content, there are some positive messages. Recommended for 15 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDavid P February 15, 2012

Another Lackluster Sequel

"D-" A Very Harold and Kumar Christmas is a pathetic and boring exercise in extreme distaste. Even worse than Escape from Guantanamo Bay, this movie contain only two discernible jokes; the baby on cocaine, and a burning Christmas tree. Both horribly unfunny. Harold and Kumar have absolutely no charisma and their chemistry from the first film is all but gone. General impression: The only christmas miracle here is that the actors didn't run away from the script horrified.
Kid, 10 years old February 12, 2012

The people saying it's for kids are Spammers. This is a REAL review

To start off, Harold and Kumar are best friends who take TONS of drugs. They give a baby (Probably Harold's,) some drugs too. I didn't see the movie, but it's rated R for a reason. This movie is N-O-T F-O-R K-I-D-S-! Period.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRobbyboyfye16 February 7, 2012

higbup g;p

best friends renuite in the overtop hularious movie non stop Drug use thow
Teen, 16 years old Written bychloemaguire December 8, 2011

Amazing film

I think its a good film that should be rated down to a 15 there might be drugs and violence but its not that we focus on its the comedy xx
Teen, 13 years old Written bySanjay407 November 10, 2011

READ!!!!

Rated R: Strong Sexual Content, Strong Language, Strong Drug Use, and Graphic Violence
Teen, 16 years old Written byT-Rod February 18, 2012

The best one in the trilogy...or is it??

By the way, when I say "or is it??" I mean is it the final installment in the Harold & Kumar series? I hope to God it is. Not because I'm getting tired of these movies but because this would be the perfect ending! It's fun, sweet, and, most importantly, FUNNY! pOSITIVE pIECES: Harold and Kumar are best friends, and nothing is ever going to change that. A dad tries his best to bond and take care of his daughter. Also, Harold has to learn some self-respect and to be his own man, and Kumar has to learn to grow up and accept things as they are. vIOLENT vEIL: A slit throat, a kick to the face, a man gets punched in the balls, a man gets shot offscreen and we see the bloody results, plus a surgery scene, a man gets punched in the face with blood and a tooth flying, Harold's penis gets stuck to a frozen pole and he has to rip it off after getting hot coffee poured on it. nYEH nONSENSE (oR sEXUAL sTUFF): Remember the pole scene? Yep. You guessed it. A few penis shots, it is suggested that a man gave oral sex to a woman, a man goes to Heaven where there are topless (VERY offensive), a particularly graphic scene in which many full-frontal and complete-backside shots are seen with nuns, a man pretends to be gay and masterbates while massaging a woman, and we see a claymated penis used as a whip. oBSCENITIES & oBSCENE pROFANITIES: Many f-words and lesser curse words. dRUG dANGERS: Smoking, marijuana, the usual. The only thing to worry about even if you HAVE seen the others, is the high baby. aLL-iN-aLL: All the other reviews I read were all extremely extreme. And I don't really agree with either. On one hand, I don't think it's a terrible movie that is not appropriate for ANY age, but I sure as H*LL don't think it's appropriate for 12 year olds! I barely think it's okay for 15 year olds! I say, if you like these kind of movies, you'll most likely like this one. And, even if this isn't your style but you think you can handle the material, give it a try. It's a pretty good film.
Adult Written bycheerlover552 November 4, 2011

Funny!

great movie loved it!
Adult Written bymattguy July 20, 2012

disapointing

another disapointing harold and kumar i loved white castle but from there they went down hill there just stupid.sex isnt bad harolds wife wears a hooker outfit also harolds penis is frozen to a pole neil patrick harris is rubbing a womens back but masturbating and a kid says his is deflowering a virgin.language is inapproprite. drug are pretty bad in this movie a baby is addicted to them is injected and harold and kumar are driking something with cocaine in it.santa gets shot in the face a mans mother dies and someone gets burned on fire.a few racial jokes wear harold says he is married but kumar is single she says i dont date black people. i heard they are making another one because a very harold and kumar christmas and guantonamo bay sucked.there is a positive message about being friends
Parent of a 9, 10, 14, and 14 year old Written bynew guy02 November 17, 2011

why

i just wanted to ask why are so many parents taking there kids to see this ungodly looking movie it may be a christmas movie but that does not mean that it is for young children
Parent Written byjustinxaz November 7, 2011

HILARIOUS!!

Now you may think this is a disgusting movie that no kids should be able to see but i brought my 9-year old and my 7-year old and they ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!! there is quite a bit of language and nudity but nothing they haven't seen on the internet these days. It had a lot of heart and i think it sent a good message to not do drugs! all in all i had a good time with my family seeing this movie and i hope you will too :)
Adult Written bynotfakengay November 7, 2011

GREAT

GOOD FOR 12 AND UP. REALLY FUNNY. COMMON SENSE PUT THIS FOR 16 BUT I SAY ABOUT 12 IS FINE FOR THIS MOVIE.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMovieGuy2570 September 3, 2014

A funny Christmas movie! Not for younger kids

Parents should know that Harold & kumar are stoner buddies and get high in all of their movies. Especially this one where drugs are a constant theme including a recurring gag with a baby on cocaine. There is some raunchy content as well including a sex scene (no nudity) and some sexual references. Violence isn't much of an issue except for some brief gore when one of them accidentally shoots Santa in the face. Overall, very funny but not for younger kids.
Parent Written bySacko November 11, 2012

Adults Only

This third one is better than any of them in the series but it has too much sexuality and nudity. Your kid should not be watching this film without you, plus this isn't a movie for kids it's for ADULTS ONLY. It's funny and thrilling but not for kids, it can affect their lives!!!!!!
Parent Written by 56 YEARS OLD MOVIES July 11, 2012

Very Good

Very funny but a bit rude, a lot of drugs and language, nudity, sexual content and a bit of violence
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 March 3, 2012

Very sexual stoner comedy

Hilarious stoner comedy loaded with violence, crude and sexual content, nudity, strong drug use, and language throughout. Outrageous. Know your teen
Parent Written byMr.Boss December 11, 2011

not the best but still good

funny although there is nudity, ALOT of weed(i cannot stress this enough). besides that, its is a very funny movie for the whole family
Parent Written bybluelittletulip November 18, 2011

really not for kids.

at first i thought this would be funny movie to enjoy and brought my 12 years old daughter to watch. but ended up we didnt finish watching it and went off in the middle of the show. a lot of scenes that are not appropriate for kids. my daughter didn't feel comfortable watching it as well, so we decided to walk out.