Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas

Raucous, crude stoner comedy is funny but not for kids.

Parent of a 13 and 16 year old Written byA Mom November 11, 2011

TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE! Lots of reviews here obviously written by kids!

This movie is funny, no doubt about it, but the few positive messages do not make up for the awful messages! The drug use is constant and it isn't just pot, there is cocaine and ecstacy too. The worst part about the drugs is that a toddler is given cocaine, pot and ecstasy throughout the movie, and it is seen as funny, even by her father. In addition, this is the first time commonsense media has let me down with a review by not listing the sexual content! The scene where a man m********** while giving a woman a backrub, is not just that, it is against the woman's will as she is manipulated into it and has to kick the guy off of her. The bare breasts and butts isn't a one time thing, but several times, including a scene of several women as NUNs in the showers nude, full on female nudity, and a scene with a man posing as Jesus walking around with two bare breasted women as his "goddesses". The one sexual intercourse scene is while a teen girl begs the guy to "give it to her p****" and then berates him for going soft. The same girl later tries to get an adult man to "f***" her and it shows her on her knees trying to get his pants off. The message of old friendships being key in life, family as a priority, are great, but still this movie is over the top for young teens and kids. I took my 13 year old son and his friend after reading the reviews here and even they admitted how inappropriate it was. They loved it, but still were embarrassed and knew it was inappropriate for them. Oh yeah, my husband, who is usually much more lenient about what our son watches just reminded me about two scenes where male genitals are shown....one in claymation and one where the man's p***** is frozen to a pole. Commonsensemedia.org failed miserably this time at warning parents of what is in the movie that may be inappropriate.

Adult Written by~Troll~ November 7, 2011

A+

Great movie!! Funny. Not near as bad as they make it sound.

Adult Written byMr.Boss December 11, 2011

not the best but still good

funny although there is nudity, ALOT of weed(i cannot stress this enough). besides that, its is a very funny movie for the whole family

Adult Written bycheerlover552 November 4, 2011

Funny!

great movie loved it!

Parent Written bySacko November 11, 2012

Adults Only

This third one is better than any of them in the series but it has too much sexuality and nudity. Your kid should not be watching this film without you, plus this isn't a movie for kids it's for ADULTS ONLY. It's funny and thrilling but not for kids, it can affect their lives!!!!!!
Adult Written bymattguy July 20, 2012

disapointing

another disapointing harold and kumar i loved white castle but from there they went down hill there just stupid.sex isnt bad harolds wife wears a hooker outfit also harolds penis is frozen to a pole neil patrick harris is rubbing a womens back but masturbating and a kid says his is deflowering a virgin.language is inapproprite. drug are pretty bad in this movie a baby is addicted to them is injected and harold and kumar are driking something with cocaine in it.santa gets shot in the face a mans mother dies and someone gets burned on fire.a few racial jokes wear harold says he is married but kumar is single she says i dont date black people. i heard they are making another one because a very harold and kumar christmas and guantonamo bay sucked.there is a positive message about being friends

Adult Written bynotfakengay November 7, 2011

GREAT

GOOD FOR 12 AND UP. REALLY FUNNY. COMMON SENSE PUT THIS FOR 16 BUT I SAY ABOUT 12 IS FINE FOR THIS MOVIE.
Adult Written by56 YEARS OLD MOVIES July 11, 2012

Very Good

Very funny but a bit rude, a lot of drugs and language, nudity, sexual content and a bit of violence

Adult Written bybluelittletulip November 18, 2011

really not for kids.

at first i thought this would be funny movie to enjoy and brought my 12 years old daughter to watch. but ended up we didnt finish watching it and went off in the middle of the show. a lot of scenes that are not appropriate for kids. my daughter didn't feel comfortable watching it as well, so we decided to walk out.

Adult Written byjustinxaz November 7, 2011

HILARIOUS!!

Now you may think this is a disgusting movie that no kids should be able to see but i brought my 9-year old and my 7-year old and they ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!! there is quite a bit of language and nudity but nothing they haven't seen on the internet these days. It had a lot of heart and i think it sent a good message to not do drugs! all in all i had a good time with my family seeing this movie and i hope you will too :)

Parent of a 9, 10, 14, and 14 year old Written bynew guy02 November 17, 2011

why

i just wanted to ask why are so many parents taking there kids to see this ungodly looking movie it may be a christmas movie but that does not mean that it is for young children

Adult Written byRorie6 November 12, 2011

Disappointing :(

compared to the first two movie this was a complete fail! i am in love with the first 2 so i rushed out to see this one. i found it aq bit boring and lacking a real story line. would not reccomend it.

Adult Written byLowe's man February 17, 2016

Know what you're watching.

Although I've never seen this movie and probably should not be reviewing it, if it's anything like their White Castle movie (which I stopped in the middle and then threw away) it's safe to say that it's not for kids or for anyone.
Adult Written bylovingparent123 December 19, 2011

No Way For Kids!

You guys are all bad parents! You see, I love my kids and I want them to see an appropriate movie, so I checked out the review for Puss In Boots, and parents are saying it is not for kids! I watched that movie with my 5 year old daughter and she loved it ( and especially loved the cute cats) and yet people were saying 'there is a suicide of a major character'. One thing- Puss did not try and kill himself! And also, *spoiler* Puss realised that family and friends are important! And I come on to this movie and people are saying it's good for kids- what?? This movie sickened even me! And great4kidz, they'll learn all that in school. Please, don't take young kids to see this- it's an awful movie!

Parent of a 6, 15, 15, and 17 year old Written by79awesome August 20, 2013

Funny

This was not that bad as some people think but way better than the second one. Nudity was pretty harsh. The thing that bothered me was the drug use and I do agree with CSM that its not for kids

Adult Written byConcerned_Mon November 6, 2011

New Low

When we have come to the point where this movie is acceptable, where this kind of raunchy perversity is appealing, we have lost our way. This is a very perverse movie.