All member reviews for A Walk to Remember

Too-syrupy re-tread of Love Story.

Teen, 14 years old Written byeschmu January 7, 2014

Such a romantic movie!

I absolutely loved this movie! It is very romantic and dramatic. I thought it was very sweet. Probably a bit to romantic for most people and boring for younger kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKendra875 July 19, 2013

Fantastic!

Loved it!
Teen, 13 years old Written bybb13 February 12, 2013

love

Sooooo good! Cute and sad!
Adult Written bywonder dove January 7, 2013

Sappy love story? Younger viewers will like!

A Walk to Remember is definitely a tear jerker. It's sometimes heartfelt, but there is one thing that always bothered me - it's very unrealistic! I personally did not like it much at all and could only watch it twice in the 10 years I've owned it. Landon (Shane West) has known Jamie (Mandy Moore) throughout his school years and has always disguised her as being a "loser". His friends are shallow and together they plan to play a mean prank on a nice guy who just wants to fit in with them. After causing a near death accident, the friends split and leave him to fend on his own. Landon's punishment is sweeping floors, tutoring on weekends and participating in the school play which Jamie also happens to be in. When Jamie comes out on stage with some makeup and her hair done, Landon suddenly has eyes for her. From then on, he practically follows her around and gets up the nerve to ask her out after saving her from another mean prank his friends make up. The two then embark on an adventurous date and Landon tells Jamie he loves her. Soon he finds out a terrible secret that Jamie has been withholding from him. The story is okay, I can see why tweens and teens would go nuts for this. It's just too tasteless and almost laughable. No bad boy would turn soft that fast - or at all, for someone he has known forever and never was interested in. Language is mild except for a few sh*ts and other common name calling. Sexual content is mild with a few kissing scenes and some flirting, a guy also imitates having intercourse in a comic way while rehearsing lines with Landon for the play. Violence is average - a guy jumps off a ledge and nearly drowns, group bullying and violence with pushing, hitting and arguing. A car crash with injuries. There is mild teen drinking. Okay for 12+.
Adult Written bybitesizemoviereview August 6, 2012

Cheesy, but tweens & teens might enjoy it

A cheesy plot, but the heroine is a great role model--a sweet Christian girl who sees the best in everyone, including a "bad boy" type who accounts for most of the movie's cheesiness. This would be a great girls' night movie. There is no sex, no innuendos. Very appropriate. The ending is very sad. I thought the movie was cliche, but tween & teen girls would enjoy it.
Adult Written byesluder February 1, 2012

A Walk to Remember

..Written by: Liz Sluder.. Who ever thought that finding love was near you your whole life? The unique storyline behind A Walk to Remember is that Jamie’s life goal was to accomplish a miracle. Landon being a rebellious character, turned into a charming and faithful man due to Jamie’s spirit and beauty. The thing I liked was the setting of the plot. It was in a small town that of which everyone seemed to know enough about each other. The young couple’s relationship started out rough from Jamie’s father being the pastor. As Landon becoming more mature, it all seemed to work out in the end. Although the ending was a tragic due to Jamie’s death, Landon learned a lot from his wife. The resolution of the film was that Jamie’s father revealed Jamie’s desired miracle to him. Although Jamie passed away, Landon seemed to have a purpose for life to continue to keep living. The characters were a little uncoordinated. There were a few inappropriate actions and language spoken throughout the movie. It kind of bothers me that this movie is rate PG. It should be more PG-13 from having more than enough negative contents. Other than that, I always enjoy watching this movie. It is one of my favorites because of the consistency of having faith in God and looking at a couple’s love journey.
Parent Written byAPMJNC0407 September 29, 2011

A Walk To Remember

This movie has many strong moral and religiouse messages but far beyond that shows the true compassion of people and how love can change a person impact there life and forever make a difference
Teen, 14 years old Written byDreamOn September 6, 2011

A Walk I'll Remember

It is a great movie and the lead girl shows how we all should take life.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydancegirl3697 August 28, 2011

Sweet and Inspirational

This is a MUST see movie. I saw this when I was very young and I loved it! Its very sweet and romantic. I cry everytime I watch it now. Even though this movie has some cursing in it, I think its a great movie for anyone to see.
Teen, 14 years old Written byskyrebel March 26, 2011

One of the cutest movies ever!

This is one of the cutest movies ever!! I mean, sure there was some stupid immature pranks and jokes, but the messages are good. I cried when Landon cried. And it was so cute when they get married at the end. Shame she had leukemia and died like 2 months after they got married.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrockrgrl637 February 6, 2011

Very underrated

So it's cheesy and sappy... but it's so touching and adorable!!! Also, Mandy Moore's song, "Only Hope" is AMAZING! Total must see chick flick. Bottom-line is: you either hate it or you love it. :]
Teen, 16 years old Written bybieber_fever55 October 15, 2010

Sad But Great!

If you don't think this movie is sad, something is wrong with you! I'd almost go as far as to compare it to The Notebook. It's a super surprise ending, and the whole last half of the movie is amazing. Landon gets his act together all because of one girl who changed his life. It's amazing, but has a lot of the s-word. It's a great movie for anyone above 9.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJourdy288 September 25, 2010

This film was masterful.

A Walk to Remember is an excellent film, in my opinion, one that truly managed to capture my attention and keep my enthralled until the end, but additionally managed to leave me overcome with emotion afterwards. True, as aforementioned, Moore seems to be suffering from "movie star's disease", growing more attractive as the film progresses, although that's something I can excuse on account of the transformation being partially symbolic of her emotional status. In all, this movie is a little predictable, and has some pretty coarse language for a PG rated film, but is definitely worth seeing.
Kid, 12 years old September 10, 2010

e.g. Perfect for any kind of kid 12 and up

I love this movie! It gave a positive message on how to change your life and how to be a better person. I personally beleive this is one of my all time favorite movies. If you dont believe me, watch it yourself on youtube @ a walk to remember part 1. It also has a little bit of violence and some language int appropriate.:)
Teen, 14 years old Written byJules98 July 26, 2010
Teen, 14 years old Written bypeaceprincess July 1, 2010
i loved it soo much i will watch it over and over again
Teen, 14 years old Written bycookiebob123 April 27, 2010

Great for early teen years and above

This is defintely a movie that will touch your heart.The story is about how a guys life is chanced my meeting this one girl.Some curse words here and there but still great.The only consern my parents had about this movie was this one scene where a guy tries to reenact some sexual behavior(but just trying to be funny) watch it of ur a total sucker for chick flicks^-^
Teen, 14 years old Written by1twilightfans.com April 3, 2010

good 4 ppl that likes sad love stories but not 4 kids 11-

i love this movie its really good but also sad...theres some parts with beer but not that much Jame is a perfect role model 1 of my top fav all time movies other than titanic :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byDamon Lover March 24, 2010
My religion teacher showed us this film and it has great religious value. Jamie is a great role model (very religious) and soon converts Landon into a better person. (Used to drink and drive and convinces a boy to jump off a roof and gets hurt) However, there are many s- words used and many references to sex. This is a very educational movie for teens and older tweens.
Kid, 12 years old March 14, 2010

Love it

I love this film, i love romantic movies and this is a sad and romantic movie! I think anyone can watch it and fall in love with this movie!!!! My favourit movie <3