All member reviews for About Time

Sweet time travel romcom with strong language, some sex.

Parent of a 12 year old Written bycrankylibrarian November 11, 2013

A love story between father and son

The ads and reviews for this film are a little misleading: although the romantic relationship is highlighted initially, it gradually moves into the background and the story focuses on the love between a father and son, and that son and his own children. Due to his time traveling gift, Tim eventually has to choose between living in the past with his father, or moving forward with his young family. What a wonderful metaphor for the choices we all make between the past and the future, the known and the unknown, stability and risk. Great stuff to discuss with young teens, but beware: if you've recently lost a close relative this will be a heart-breaker.
Adult Written bygbsfan November 3, 2013

Great feel-good movie

It was really good. It was funny and had a good storyline. I liked most of the characters. The characters did talk about sex a lot and there was some bad language in it. Some of the characters made comments that were inappropriate and I felt were unnecessary, but overall, it was a good movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written byB-KMastah November 10, 2013

Very cute, rather witty, obscenely long.

The premise always intrigued me and it looked cute, which it is. This entire movie is really cute. Right from the beginning, it's witty, super charming, and has very good performances. I don't know what it is about Bill Nighy but I've always liked him (namely in Shaun of the Dead), and he might be the best part of this movie in regards to the cast. Everyone has good chemistry. They act like real people (what?!) and nicely play off of each other. There's also some great cinematography; it isn't award-worthy or jaw-dropping like Skyfall or Eyes Wide Shut, but it does justice to its scenery and enhances the movie's adorableness. All these things kept me steadily entertained and involved for a long while, but this movie is over two hours, which is obscenely long. I was itching to leave after the 85 minute mark but I instead had to wait through many repeated and contrived plot devices for another 38 minutes. I don't know if I'd call the film self-indulgent or anything, but it honestly didn't know when to stop with its premise. The second and third acts sort of blur together because the latter half of the movie simply inserts rather useless or excessive plots just so we can say, "Whoa! Time travel is amazing!" If they cut out half an hour off, it would have been way better. 6.9/10, good, one thumb up, above average, etc.
Teen, 17 years old Written byletztalkmoveez November 17, 2013

Eh.

What an odd misfire.
Educator Written byhappylife.jana09 March 21, 2015

Blood Brilliance

Perfect for teens who love action, drama and fiction. The BOND between Lisa and Rose, the quirky humor and nail biting action makes it the perfect movie to sink your teeth into!
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew November 28, 2014

Adorable romantic dramedy mixes sweet humor with adult content

My rating:PG-13 for sexual content and language
Written byAnonymous September 10, 2014

Good time traveling-romantic dramedy

Some references but nothing to worry about if your child is mature.
Adult Written byslasher23 August 16, 2014

language a some sexual content
Teen, 14 years old Written byEmmaMoorehead August 14, 2014

Adorable & Hilarious

I watched this with my mom the other day and it was adorable. It has some sex, and a little bit of language, but nothing a 12 year-old wouldn't know.
Parent of a 15 year old Written byCSM Screen name... March 22, 2014

Heart warming

This movie is so sweet and adorable. It has great messages and a nice story line. Me and my 13 year old daughter watched it together and loved it. I really recommend it!