All member reviews for About Time

Teen, 17 years old Written byB-KMastah November 10, 2013

Very cute, rather witty, obscenely long.

The premise always intrigued me and it looked cute, which it is. This entire movie is really cute. Right from the beginning, it's witty, super charming, and has very good performances. I don't know what it is about Bill Nighy but I've always liked him (namely in Shaun of the Dead), and he might be the best part of this movie in regards to the cast. Everyone has good chemistry. They act like real people (what?!) and nicely play off of each other. There's also some great cinematography; it isn't award-worthy or jaw-dropping like Skyfall or Eyes Wide Shut, but it does justice to its scenery and enhances the movie's adorableness. All these things kept me steadily entertained and involved for a long while, but this movie is over two hours, which is obscenely long. I was itching to leave after the 85 minute mark but I instead had to wait through many repeated and contrived plot devices for another 38 minutes. I don't know if I'd call the film self-indulgent or anything, but it honestly didn't know when to stop with its premise. The second and third acts sort of blur together because the latter half of the movie simply inserts rather useless or excessive plots just so we can say, "Whoa! Time travel is amazing!" If they cut out half an hour off, it would have been way better. 6.9/10, good, one thumb up, above average, etc.
Teen, 17 years old Written byletztalkmoveez November 17, 2013

Eh.

What an odd misfire.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew November 28, 2014

Adorable romantic dramedy mixes sweet humor with adult content

My rating:PG-13 for sexual content and language
Teen, 14 years old Written byEmmaMoorehead August 14, 2014

Adorable & Hilarious

I watched this with my mom the other day and it was adorable. It has some sex, and a little bit of language, but nothing a 12 year-old wouldn't know.