All member reviews for Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Adult Written bygreen_goblin November 7, 2008

So funny

I don't think it's OK for kids at all.
Parent Written bytennessegirl14 November 27, 2010

Funny Hahahah

I Liked this movie a whole lot! Idk why its gettin such bad reviews!! this is a classic Jim Carrey movie(and i Luvs him so maby that's y) with crude humor yes but still funny! I think they drop the f bomb a few times but but besides that i believe this is an all around FUNNY movie! A must watch for Carrey fans!
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn September 22, 2011

Unfunny, vastly overrated comedy is nothing but stupid, soulless stand up acts in motion

I'm sorry. I' really, really am. It's just that, I honestly didn't find this movie to be funny, at all. I can take stupid pointless gross-out humor like this, but to me, everything in this movie just completely fell flat. And,it's not that I hate Jim Carrey, because I don't. In fact,I really like the guy and think that he is very funny in most of his movies, and I do understand fully that this was his first big break in the movie business and that this movie is well liked and has a large comedy fan base, and has even become something of a cult classic over the years. Anyway, though, I also found that the crude and sexual humor was very strong for a PG-13 Rated movie, including a oral sex joke, a very loud and comical sex scene, a prolonged shot of Carrey's bare buttocks, some comical violence involving animals, and some strong profanity. Overall, it just was funny for me. Sorry, all.
Adult Written bycarolbee1@comca... September 10, 2010

I watched this with my 10 year old son, and I should have turned it off. Instead we fast-forwarded through all the inappropriate scenes. I did not expect the explicit, sexually inappropriate humor in a PG-13 movie. Sorry, call me a prude, but even for teenagers it's just not appropriate. There is one scene where Jim Carrie and Courtney Cox are having rambunctious sex under the covers. There is no skin, but that does not matter (!), the scene is sooo explicit. There is also a scene where a woman asks Ace if she can reward him by pulling down his pants, and she does! I thought this movie should have been rated R.
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

Really stupid

i only watched this because my friend wanted to. I am very sorry i did. There is nothing of value here. It's not even funny!
Parent of a 3, 5, 7, and 9 year old Written byTasbronia April 16, 2011

Disgusting...don't be fooled this is not a kids movie!!
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe June 1, 2010

Crude, rude, gross and inappropriate.Ace Ventura shouldn't be viewed by children younger than 14 or 15. A friend recommended that I watch this movie and said 'I would love it!' Well, I didn't, I was sorely disappointed.
Teen, 16 years old Written byfatcatmikez April 9, 2008

OK

This movie should be rated R. It has constant sex and mild profanity. There is also some violence in a suicide and shootings. It's also not that good of a movie.
Adult Written byWeron May 22, 2012

Very beautiful comedy film..

I think that is a very beautiful comedy film from legend jim carrey except some scenes there are not for children...
Educator Written bycaffinegirl85 February 4, 2012

so funny!!! ''Yes Satan"?

very very funny the beginnig when he delivers the broken package lol and the landlord ''Yes Satan"? lol and the famous line " do not go in there whoo"! very very funny Jim Carry is the best!
Teen, 16 years old Written byChristian Baughman August 25, 2010

A good family movie!!!!

What I think about the movie is. It was an other good Jim Carry movie. The movie did have some sexual stuff in it but not much as u think. The Language didn't have much in it. What it is it's a good family movie to watch together. to me I think Jim Carry is a good role models.
Parent Written by4stewarts July 31, 2010

Kid, 11 years old May 16, 2010

Great.

OMG it is hilarious. this is the funniest thing i have ever seen!!!!! end is a little bit inappropiate but other than that it is drop dead funny.
Adult Written byG3 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byjjj@aim.com April 9, 2008

Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written byCaerleon March 26, 2015

Don't do it!

It's just not a good movie. The language was pretty appalling - and we watch Mel Brooks movies. The sexual content was way more explicate than I had expected. And Carey's over-acting is just painful to watch. Really wish we had looked at the reviews here first. Definitely regret having watched this one!
Kid, 11 years old March 22, 2015

Jim Carrey's hilarious

I thought this was a hilarious funny rolling out of my seat movie even though others thought it was gross.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew September 7, 2014

Feel good detective comedy has potty humor but laughs

My rating:PG for mild crude humor and language
Parent Written byDuncanDerund August 24, 2014

Great Movie

Crude humor. Great movie 10+. There is some mild cursing.
Adult Written byhomealonefan123 April 28, 2014

Classic Jim Carrey is goofy, funny and again, a classic!

Parents need to know that this 90's comedy is a hilarious gem, but little kids will not get the gross out humor and stuff that is inappropriate for them. There is plenty of comic slapstick violence. There is sex jokes and other inappropriate humor. There is some brief nudity (one scene where a man's butt is clearly seen). Plus there is some mild language (sh-t and other profanities are used).