All member reviews for Adam Sandler's Eight Crazy Nights

Lame attempt at holiday humor with lots of iffy behavior.

Adult Written byForknose April 9, 2008

A Holiday Classic

Adam Sandler is my favorite actor. This movie was great. The jokes were very funny (what do you expect?). It is so good and it is a good holiday movie too. Despite the funniness it does actually have some morals. It tells kids: to not drink, be nice to other people, and promotes holiday spirit in the end. This movie is good for those of all ages, but radicals would probably have a different opinion. I love this movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written byMattyWatty556 April 9, 2008

ADAM SANDLER'S EIGHT CRAZY NIGHTS

The film ....EIGHT CRAZY NIGHTS is an extremely crude and childish film that most teenage boys will love and girls will shun. Davey drinks most of the time, is very rude, and mostly annoying.
Kid, 12 years old February 24, 2011

Funny... I approve.

A little vulgar but it has a good message: A boy lost his parents, turned to drinking, and then is helped by a small old man who takes him in after his trailer is burned down and helps Davey find himself.
Adult Written byapplebutter March 2, 2015

Toilet and Sex Humor

Mentions of phone sex, toilet humor. One character eats a used jock strap. Product placements for all sorts of stores, including Victoria's Secret. Product logos singing and dancing. Criminal activity. Foul language. Drinking. Besides all this, the storyline is unfocused and it isn't exactly heartwarming.
Adult Written bynduns February 8, 2011

This made me realize how bad Sandler films are

The only good film Sandler ever starred in was Punch Drunk Love as he is actually more suited for drama than comedy. This film really did try, it really did. The animations were quite nice and the songs were descent, but it was all ruined by Sandler-style schtick. It also suffers from the usual problem that plagues Sandler films being that it pretty much shoves the character development in our faces without properly fleshing it out. The setup was good: a guy who's depressed because his parents are dead and wants the world to suffer just as much as he does. That was a good set-up for the message it was trying to get across, but the film doesn't do enough with it. Also, again, the typical Sandler-style humor just got to me, but moreso than most other Sandler films as this one tries WAY too hard to be funny.
Written byAnonymous September 16, 2014

Crass Adam Sandler movie is no Big Daddy

My rating:PG-13 for crude humor,sexuality,language and drug references
Kid, 12 years old December 26, 2013

terrible, but jack and jill is a lot lower

too bad for words. right when i thought jack and Jill was adam sandler's lowest, i'm treated to this.... whatever the heck this is.
Kid, 11 years old December 28, 2010

Good job Sandler for making a jewish holiday comedy

Parents need to know that i think this would have been a better movie if it wasn't in cartoon.but give him a break because this is his only cartoon animated movie.I think it was good for Adam Sandler to make a holiday comedy for jewish people.but the stuff to watch out for is that it says s**t about 4 times,the usual a*s,d**n,h**l,p**s,and a slang for b***h once.A brief drug reference of people being on crack in a song.Very strong crude and sexual humor along with stuff such as poop and burping and farting and other gross stuff like that.There is also a series of time when adam sandler's character flips off a guy several times.But give Sandler a break because this is his first and only cartoon animated comedy.
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe June 1, 2010
Normally I try to write good reviews, that help other people. That being said, this movie is stupid. Do not watch it. This movie was done in horrible taste. I'm a fan of Adam Sandler, but this movie has lessened my liking for him.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byZachary Sohrab December 12, 2009

Okay

Okay...
Teen, 13 years old Written byx495 July 2, 2009

A complete raunchfest with a message.

Parents should know that this film is loaded with references to phone sex, images of an old man's hairy butt, animals pooping, a drunk man vomiting, and more. he language is extremely vulgar and there is lots of drinking. Parents should also note that- 1)the film is animated. 2)The film redeems itself with the message that expressing your feelings is better an bottling them up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKIdX13 January 31, 2009

Holidy comedy will have teens hearts warm and their sides acheing

This is a very sweet and very funny holiday movie for teens who can't stand the childish specials on T.v, but there are some issues: 1. Mainly comic violence. 2. Frecuant crude humor, sexual refrences and jokes are made 3. Language includes S--t, a-s, and b-lls. 4. Davey uses and abuses alcahol. Overall this is a fun movie for teens to watch around christmas time.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydanny 7000 March 1, 2016

adam sandlers eight crazy nights is not for little kids

i think adam sandlers eight crazy nights is a amazing movie but its not for kids because its very vulgar and has lots of swearing like bull shit bitch and shit head with that being said i dont reccomend adam sandlers eight crazy nights for anyone under the age of 14
Adult Written byhood123 January 22, 2016
Adult Written byanthonyatkins September 3, 2014

Date: November 27th 2002

2 Animated Movies was released in 11/27/2002 for children see. Eight Crazy Nights is not for children under 14. Treasure Planet is suitable for children. As seen from allmovie.com
Kid, 11 years old January 5, 2014

One CRAZY Movie!

First of all, This is not a kid's movie. Many parents were upset at Mr. Sandler because they took their young kid to see this movie just because it was animated. First of all, It's ADAM SANDLER. Pretty much all of his movies have crude humor in them. It's good the title is Adam Sandler's Eight Crazy Nights, not just Eight Crazy Nights, Then parents would have been more angry! Second of all, Look at the rating! It's PG-13 for "frequent crude and sexual humor, drinking, and brief drug references". It's not a kid's movie, it's a movie for pre-teens, teens, and adults. Davey Stone( Voiced by Adam Sandler, Grown Ups, Happy Gilmore)is the town Scrooge. He hates the holidays. He's a drunk, and does things such as destroying the town's ice sculptures of Santa and Menorah. He also walks out on his bill at Mr. Chang's Restaurant (Voiced by Rob Schneider, who is also the narrator.)This makes the townspeople very angry. Davey goes to court, and eventually the judge(Norm Crosby, Grown Ups 2) is about to send Davey to jail, until Whitey Duvall(Also Sandler) offers that Davey can referee for the local basketball team. Davey excepts! Davey learns throughout story about his childhood girlfriend(Jackie Sandler ,Big Daddy),and secrets about his family, friends, and more in Adam Sandler's Eight Crazy Nights! This is Adam's Sandler's first animated film. His second animated film is Hotel Transylvania. Personally, I like this film better than HT, but HT is more family friendly. This film is also a musical! It has some really good songs(Bum Biddy, for example).Eight Crazy Nights got 12% on Rotten Tomatoes and they said, ''Sandler returns to his roots in this nauseating concoction filled with potty humor and product placements.'' While Hotel Transylvania got 45% and they said,'' Hotel Transylvania's buoyant, giddy tone may please children, but it might be a little too loud and thinly-scripted for older audiences.'' This movie is a mix of gross humor and good messages. That didn't settle well with many people, but it did with me! I like my movies with gross-out humor and sentimental messages at the same time. But I also like them separate. Actually, This is pretty clean for Adam Sandler. Even though it is PG-13,The content revolves around crude humor(French Kissing, Women With Three Breasts, ETC) but it is basically the same thing your child probably hears at school.This film has some laugh out loud moments, great songs, mixed in with crude and sexual humor and positive messages about alcoholism, bereavement, and depression.
Written byAnonymous December 26, 2012

I seen it at 14 Years Old back in 2002. is an OK Movie.

This is True I saw this at 14 Years Olds back in 2002 in The Showcase Cinemas ...and We went with the group in School once. ...and I saw this movie. Even know there is Sexual Content. At least is at a PG-13 Level. The Language for this to be PG-13 has to be Up to 4 Explicit Word. More than that is an R. I think this movie is good to have a PG-13 Movie. Overall this Movie can have the S-Bomb, and/ or A-Bomb. It can use the F-Bomb but not for the Movie to get an R Rating. Common Sense Media forgot the Consumerism because they had Footlocker, A Gameboy Advance and more... Updated.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDolphinTaleFan November 1, 2012

Very under rated

Very under rated film. Very good but not for kids
Teen, 17 years old Written byjackiechannie May 1, 2012

woah

language way too high
Parent of a 2, 4, and 7 year old Written bynewgirl1993 April 15, 2012

Just Say No

I feel this movie is not for children. Thire is alot of drinking and swearing..