All member reviews for Adam Sandler's Eight Crazy Nights

Teen, 17 years old Written byMattyWatty556 April 9, 2008

ADAM SANDLER'S EIGHT CRAZY NIGHTS

The film ....EIGHT CRAZY NIGHTS is an extremely crude and childish film that most teenage boys will love and girls will shun. Davey drinks most of the time, is very rude, and mostly annoying.
Kid, 12 years old February 24, 2011

Funny... I approve.

A little vulgar but it has a good message: A boy lost his parents, turned to drinking, and then is helped by a small old man who takes him in after his trailer is burned down and helps Davey find himself.
Kid, 10 years old December 3, 2014

Funny but innapropriate

The movie is funny but it has a lot of language and crude humor.In one part a kid puts on a bra at Victoria's Secret and it's a boy.It's appropriate for kids ages 12+.It is innapropriate for kids under 12.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew September 16, 2014

Crass Adam Sandler movie is no Big Daddy

My rating:PG-13 for crude humor,sexuality,language and drug references
Kid, 11 years old January 5, 2014

One CRAZY Movie!

First of all, This is not a kid's movie. Many parents were upset at Mr. Sandler because they took their young kid to see this movie just because it was animated. First of all, It's ADAM SANDLER. Pretty much all of his movies have crude humor in them. It's good the title is Adam Sandler's Eight Crazy Nights, not just Eight Crazy Nights, Then parents would have been more angry! Second of all, Look at the rating! It's PG-13 for "frequent crude and sexual humor, drinking, and brief drug references". It's not a kid's movie, it's a movie for pre-teens, teens, and adults. Davey Stone( Voiced by Adam Sandler, Grown Ups, Happy Gilmore)is the town Scrooge. He hates the holidays. He's a drunk, and does things such as destroying the town's ice sculptures of Santa and Menorah. He also walks out on his bill at Mr. Chang's Restaurant (Voiced by Rob Schneider, who is also the narrator.)This makes the townspeople very angry. Davey goes to court, and eventually the judge(Norm Crosby, Grown Ups 2) is about to send Davey to jail, until Whitey Duvall(Also Sandler) offers that Davey can referee for the local basketball team. Davey excepts! Davey learns throughout story about his childhood girlfriend(Jackie Sandler ,Big Daddy),and secrets about his family, friends, and more in Adam Sandler's Eight Crazy Nights! This is Adam's Sandler's first animated film. His second animated film is Hotel Transylvania. Personally, I like this film better than HT, but HT is more family friendly. This film is also a musical! It has some really good songs(Bum Biddy, for example).Eight Crazy Nights got 12% on Rotten Tomatoes and they said, ''Sandler returns to his roots in this nauseating concoction filled with potty humor and product placements.'' While Hotel Transylvania got 45% and they said,'' Hotel Transylvania's buoyant, giddy tone may please children, but it might be a little too loud and thinly-scripted for older audiences.'' This movie is a mix of gross humor and good messages. That didn't settle well with many people, but it did with me! I like my movies with gross-out humor and sentimental messages at the same time. But I also like them separate. Actually, This is pretty clean for Adam Sandler. Even though it is PG-13,The content revolves around crude humor(French Kissing, Women With Three Breasts, ETC) but it is basically the same thing your child probably hears at school.This film has some laugh out loud moments, great songs, mixed in with crude and sexual humor and positive messages about alcoholism, bereavement, and depression.
Kid, 12 years old December 26, 2013

terrible, but jack and jill is a lot lower

too bad for words. right when i thought jack and Jill was adam sandler's lowest, i'm treated to this.... whatever the heck this is.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDolphinTaleFan November 1, 2012

Very under rated

Very under rated film. Very good but not for kids
Teen, 17 years old Written byjackiechannie May 1, 2012

woah

language way too high
Kid, 10 years old January 8, 2012

I was just a ****head.

There's one use of s--thead.
Kid, 12 years old December 3, 2011

Funny, crude Sandler comedy earns four stars

Adam Sandler's Eight Crazy Nights is a funny movie but it had its share of crude jokes and coarse language, I couldn't believe I heard the F word in a PG-13 movie. Parents need to know that the main character, Davey, has a huge drinking problem. But this movie proved to me it deserved a four star rating, but then again, I love Adam Sandler. My honest rating is still four stars, I think Common Sense Media was being a bit harsh.
Teen, 15 years old Written by96grlpowrCE May 13, 2011

This review was a "Technical Foul"...

I really can't see how anybody wouldn't like Eight Crazy Nights... I thought it was great. There's some swearing and sexual innuendo, but probably nothing kids haven't heard before, and there is a prevailing message that says kindness is key. The songs are hilarious, too. (:
Kid, 10 years old January 14, 2011

Kid, 11 years old December 28, 2010

Good job Sandler for making a jewish holiday comedy

Parents need to know that i think this would have been a better movie if it wasn't in cartoon.but give him a break because this is his only cartoon animated movie.I think it was good for Adam Sandler to make a holiday comedy for jewish people.but the stuff to watch out for is that it says s**t about 4 times,the usual a*s,d**n,h**l,p**s,and a slang for b***h once.A brief drug reference of people being on crack in a song.Very strong crude and sexual humor along with stuff such as poop and burping and farting and other gross stuff like that.There is also a series of time when adam sandler's character flips off a guy several times.But give Sandler a break because this is his first and only cartoon animated comedy.
Kid, 10 years old December 23, 2010

Crude and awesome

Whats with the non liking! It's really good
Kid, 12 years old November 25, 2010

good

i saw it on tv, so little profanity
Kid, 12 years old September 25, 2010

This movie isn't as bad as commen sense media is saying. There is no F-words, and only about 4 or 5 s-words, and its not like other comedies which say badder words, and there is sexual behaviour but like i said, its not that bad or explicit. In the end there is a good message about a mans life that was from very bad to good person. Anyway its a funny movie, and great catchy songs with humour in.
Kid, 9 years old April 2, 2010

Adam Sandler's Eight Crazy Nights

Rated PG-13 For Frequent Crude And Sexual Humor,Drinking And Brief Drug References
Kid, 12 years old March 6, 2010

corny but funny

i love this movie hillarious but corny
Teen, 14 years old Written byPoison Ivey December 14, 2009

not all that bad, but humor is very corny

It was a good movie with a positive message, but as far as being a comedy? This movie, in that section, completely fails. I watched this movie with a straight face and didn't even chuckle at one thing about it. Oh, and the only reason I watched it was because it was on MTV. It's okay, but I'd look elswhere for unexeptable holiday behavior.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybradley4846 July 21, 2009

Good, Its Now 14+

There was no f-words just minor swearing. If i remember correctly there were a few sexual jokes. Lots of drinking, but a lot of the role models where good. The main one was bad