Nature docu emphasizes a mother's love and sacrifice.

Teen, 15 years old Written byGateswing_Guy March 18, 2013

I bet even african animal fan would hate this, it's THE #1 WORST MOVIE IN EXCISTANCE!!

I love Nature Movies, most Disney nature movies are OK, but this movie was EXTREMELY BAD! My mom WAS going to take us to see it the day it released, but since she was tired on the day it released, so we just watched Shrek on VHS instead, because I really like that movie. So when my my took us to see the movie on April, 19, 2011, I wish it never came out, but i'm glad my mom didn't take us on the FIRST DAY it came out. If I had to explain to beginning of the movie, it would be "BORING". My family was also bored, and my brother literally fell asleep. I didn't fall asleep, but I still felt like I was watching my grandfather knit a sweater. Yeah, it was THAT boring. The movie was so lame. Here is where the movie gets WORSE. There was a scene where a lion named Fangs killed a Zebra just for FOOD. There was blood on the Zebra, and a peice of the Zebra was seen near Fangs' mout. The peice of Zebra had BLOOD on it too. Even though my brother woke up when the scene began, he cried after the scene ended. I agree with him. That scene was disgusting and I don't have a weak stomach at all. After that scene, it was just one sad scene after another. I don't mind sad scenes at all, but this is too brutal. In most nature movies, there is only one sad scene. Most of the sad scenes in nature movies I enjoy. I also enjoy seeing animals hunting for food. But this movie RUINS sad scenes and hunting! Another reason why this is the #1 worst movie in excistance! Then there was some action for 2 minutes, which WAS going to make me give this crappy movie 2 stars instead of 1, but after the 2 minutes of action, here comes the most boring ending i've ever seen. Which dropped this movie back down to 1 star. Not even the action could make up for the flaws in this movie. The movie had a really lame and boring ending. I even forgot how the movie ended. It was that boring, and I don't want to remember the lame ending of this movie. The whole movie was just a bunch of dark, mean, cruel, and cold-hearted scenes put together AND they were mixed with boring scenes too! Hard to believe my mom wasted her money on this horrible movie. My family and I really wasted our time and money! My teacher saw this movie too (I told her how bad it was), and she AGREED with me! I want all the time that I wasted back! How can anyone be crazy enough to call this a clever movie?! I hate Fangs the Lion so much!!!! I want that lion to die and rot in hell so bad (sorry if i'm being too harsh)! I can't believe Disney calls this garbage a "movie", and Fangs deserves DOUBLE HELL!! The people who worked on this movie this movie were probably lazy or something when they made this movie! I love african animals, but this movie sucks. If you love african animals, I bet you would HATE this movie, because, IT'S THE #1 WORST MOVIE IN EXCISTANCE!! Please do not waste your time with this movie! I blame anyone who worked on this movie! I blame the people who liked this movie (I do respect opinions, but this movie is is UNLIKEABLE)! This movie was horrible, terrible, and awful in every way! Glad I didn't see it when it first released, but I regret seeing this movie altogether, and it should've never came out! I wish I can give this movie 0 stars, but I can give as many Fs as I can give it!
Teen, 16 years old Written byMr. King December 19, 2012

I will do a happy dance if this movie gets a Golden Rasberry Award! It is very boring! It's also very disgusting! How can ANYONE watch this movie with throwing up?!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLu Bu November 25, 2012

bunch of haterz!

Wow, this is getting a bad rap, I can't believe it. This was a great movie. It had great and clever scenes, who gives a crap about the violence, it is animals in the wild for GOD SAKE!
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 9, 2012

WORST MOVIE EVER! I can't believe I wasted my time and money! Man,was I stupid! *smacks himself on the head* WHY?! This movie bored me to death! I yawned the whole movie! Some scenes were NASTY GROSS!
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy August 21, 2012

I love African Animals,but this movie was terrible!

This movie was so boring it was the worst movie i've ever seen! It was also REALLY disgusting! I have no idea what Disney was thinking when they made African Cats! When will they realize that they fail at making nature movies!? ATTENTION PARENTS: Now that this is on DVD,don't buy this filth! It is a HUGE waste of precious time and hard earned money!! Buy a DVD of The Lorax to see a nature movie,and if you wanna see blood and gore,rent I Spit On Your Grave!
Teen, 16 years old Written byDuper_Drew August 1, 2012

Three words:Worst.Movie.Ever.

For my first movie review,I will review the worst movie on the face of Earth...AFRICAN CATS! Where do I start? This movie was so boring! I yawned A LOT while watching it! Next up,the scene where the lion murdered the zebra was just NASTY! Seriously,who wants to watch animals killing other animals?! It's good when they do it on Happy Tree Friends (like an adult on here said),but it was appaling when they did it on this peice of garbage! God forebid it is out on DVD,don't buy it! It is a horrible waste of time and money! Take your kids to better movies,or go to a DVD rental store,rent Shrek,and go home.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDrCool June 3, 2012

This one tops as the worst movie EVER!

Ugh,this movie is just plain GROSS! The scene where the lion kills the zebra made me sick to my stomach!
Teen, 16 years old Written byLucas Couldron May 27, 2012

Worst movie on the face of Earth.

Wow,i've never seen a movie worse than this one in my ENTIRE life.It was really boring.I mean it was just about african animals.Blah blah blah.If I counted how many times I yawned while watching this movie,I would've been out of breath when after I counted.My brother was bored to death as well.Though my sisters LOVED it.This movie also made me disgusted.The scene where the lion killed the zebra made me sick to my stomach and made my sisters cry (though they loved the rest of the movie,but I thought it sucked eggs.) I will never watch or let my friends watch this boring and gross movie.
Parent Written bySONIAMB May 1, 2012

This movie is way too intense for children,, it has too many emotional ups and downs and I don't think it allows a realistic outlook on what animals do to survive. The movie humanizes natural animal behavior soo much that an emotional attachment to these animals is for certain,, and whrn they die (and they do in this movie) it IS HEATBREAKING!! If the movie did not humanize the animals soo much themn thier deaths would seem more natural instead of tragic and depressing. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS MOVIE FOR CHILDREEN,, especially animal loving childeren AND adults.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow April 15, 2012

The best African wildlife documentary ever!

I found this the best documentary of Africa I have ever seen. It's narration by Samuel L. Jackson is great, and the premise is so amazingly filmed that I thought for a while that it was all set. The fact that it is all real just seems so stunning to me. If there is one downside, it's that it doesn't have any leopards in it. But that can't stop it's four star rating!
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 15, 2012

Worst movie i've ever seen!

This movie is horribly violent! My mom took my sister and I to see it and my little sister was sobbing all through the movie! It was about animals killing other animals! Sad! It's good when they do it on Happy Tree Friends,but this is inexucable! It is also boring.My mom literally fell asleep through the movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJoseph Rock February 28, 2012

Worst movie ever.

This movie is downright sad! I went to see it and was sobbbing through the movie! Animals were killing other animals! Terrible terrible terrible! I do not recommend this movie at all.Its horribly made!
Teen, 13 years old Written byKELLY ASHON October 8, 2011

Really good

I think that this movie could be scary at times for little kids. But it was definitly educational for kids on how lions survive. it was an awsome movie go see watch it
Teen, 14 years old Written byThecoyote July 23, 2011

Only for animal lovers

The WORST FILM I have ever seen!!! It was so bouring. Also the film scared me at times.
Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written byagency14 May 28, 2011

Not for really little ones, unless they're psychopaths

While it was beautifully shot and narrated, I had a big problem with animals being named, bonded with and then dying or disappearing...a la the cheetah cubs who were taken by the hyenas in the middle of the night, after a scary scene focusing on their howls and the moon. My nearly five-year-old was wailing and too upset to watch much of the rest of the film. My seven year old was bummed, but was able to watch more - though decided that based on how many named animals were in danger, he's opting out of Chimpanzees, coming out next year. My husband and I had a knot in our stomach not unlike when we mistakenly took the kids to Rango - just too much for a five year old.
Kid, 8 years old May 19, 2011

my name is rylee. I think the movie African Cats is a good movie because it teaches me about family,friends and relationships with African Cats
Adult Written bytxmom47 May 7, 2011
I loved it, but my 6 year old was pretty scared... lots of high-drama moments in which animals are at risk. I'd use caution and make a judgement based on your kids' tolerance for tension and risk. As an aside..... the first preview was for the final harry potter film! Totally inappropriate for a rated G movie... my kids were totally terrified and I had to call the parents of my kids friends and apologize... who puts a preview like that in front of a movie for 6 year olds?????
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byleilaandsarasmom May 4, 2011

Excellent Family Movie Night Flick

For her ninth birthday celebration, we took my third grade daughter and her five friends to see African Cats. Every one of them loved it! Personally, I think more graphic and gory footage (of carnivores and their prey) is shown in nature documentaries on television. This was definitely G-rated compared to what my kids have already seen on PBS’s Nature, the Discovery Channel, and Animal Planet. There were some much younger children in the audience who covered their eyes in places, but there was no crying, no leaving the theater in shock and disgust. I heard only praise and amazement in the corridor leading out of the theater. And my 12-year-old daughter, who came along to help with the younger kids, thoroughly enjoyed it as well. My husband even stayed awake—high praise for a “kid’s” movie. We’ll definitely buy the Blue Ray when it becomes available.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymolperry April 29, 2011

Spare your children ( and yourself) the saddness!

My 6 year old daughter and I both cried. It was the saddest most awful movie. It traumatized her. What the hell were they thinking rating this G and marketing it towards children?!
Kid, 9 years old April 29, 2011

for tweens because that is when kids stop studying