All member reviews for After Earth

Exciting sci-fi action and warm father-son bonding.

Adult Written byjoshua martinez June 1, 2013

12 and up.

This action/adventure movie after earth is an average movie filled with action stars with will smith and his real-life son jaden smith there's not really a lot to say about this movie but the violence with that being said this action movie is good enough for your young teens but parents this movie after earth does have some Constant peril violence throughout the movie despite the violence in this film the movie does have a positive message about that Kitai's journey teaches him that only by facing your fears can you realize your full potential and the role models are that cypher is able to demonstrate his love and open his heart and mind to what his son has to give. Kitai is brave and loving and overcomes his fears. Mother Faia is an exemplar of loving support, and sister Senshi is brave and caring, saving her brother's life more than once.
Teen, 16 years old Written byUnknownpearson May 30, 2013

12+!

Love it. A lit a bit a language, d-mn and one more .some drinking ,cyber almost takes pain killers that would drowsy. Entirely giving his broken legs hope of rescue, but decides against it.there are some sequences of blood and gore, as when cypher must operate on his own leg Kai tai sees some baby eggs that he was not able to save.12+!
Parent of a 11 year old Written byxmen45 June 1, 2013

Awesome movie, SCARY scenes.

I actually saw After Earth yesterday, its opening day. It was a great movie with a positive message of overcoming fear and being an independent person. It was not a long movie (around 2 hours including previews) and had nothing too "iffy." Now, there were some disturbing scenes. Humans are hung with their dead body seeable. Blood is on them. You see a pile of dead gorrilas, corpses and limbs and blood splattered bodies seeable. A startling hole rips in a ship, everyone except for two were killed. A character briefly cuts an aliens head off, purple blood coming from it. A character breaks his leg and is unable to walk. You see dead baby eagles, bodies seeable. An eagle is killed. Tigers fall from a cliff, you can hear them roar in pain. In the end, a character slays an alien, graphically. In a flashback a character's sister is killed by alien. The alien sticks a blade through her back. She screams and cries. There are a million startling scenes. Although it sounds very violent, when you see, it won't feel that way for some reason. It is very slow paced but very good. There is no bad language. A character says, "This sucks." There is a use of dumb. It was a great movie, if you are ok for a chill but not a horror movie. Thank you, I hope I helped you make a decision.
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 July 3, 2013

dull Jaden Smith sci-fi "thriller" is overdramatic, boring, and cruel to animals; Jaden Smith has potential and he deserves better than this...same thing goes for Will Smith

Kid, 10 years old June 15, 2013

9 OR 8 AND UP

this is for 9 and up or 8 if your child does not like scary pop ups or teens getting hurt and death and this movie is very good with a good message about family
Adult Written byDr.Pepper December 9, 2013

A tame PG-13 movie

This movie definitely has lots of creature violence and frightening scenes, but nothing excessively bloody or gory. There is no sexual situations and the bad language is limited to one use each of "sucks" "screwed" and "d@mn".
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe July 16, 2013

AWFUL!!! JUST AWFUL!!!!

The thought of a man and his son getting stuck on a quarantined planet that filled with dangerous animals and lethal perils is very, very sick!!!! I don't really think anybody should watch this film!!! Only a fool would make a movie like this!!!
Kid, 11 years old June 22, 2013

Great movie for 12 and up

After Earth is a great movie for 12 and up. There are scary, gory and bloody scenes, but it has a good message. It is an action packed, intense movie that some kids under 12 would be scared of possibly. There is mild language, but it is not something to worry about. I definitely recommend the movie After Earth for at least 12 and up.
Kid, 10 years old June 8, 2013

AFTER EARTH IS FILM OF THE YEAR SO FAR

a fantastic movie, with tons of action and excitement. My favourite film of the year so far. I really don't think this should of gotten the bad reviews it got, like on Rotten Tomatoes giving it one star. Come on this is quality entertainment. M Night Shaymalan is a fantastic director
Kid, 8 years old May 15, 2015

Very violent, but great movie is OK for teens.

My rating PG-13 for: intense violence, language, and drug content.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew December 26, 2014

Beautiful but scary action sci-fi is good for teens and up

My rating: PG-13 for violence,scary images and sexuality
Parent Written byafrica1 November 1, 2014

Deep/intense/strong message

Its great for the entire family, watch it more than once. Very good acting, Will and his son are great in this movie. very positive, informative. Never beleve the critics only real persons reviews.
Teen, 15 years old Written byjb223 May 13, 2014

Boring Film but exactly what you'd expect from M. Night Shyamalan

Not sure how this could get 3 Stars this should be 2 Stars at Max but even that is too generous.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovie Watcher 2000 April 6, 2014

After earth, I think is a good film to watch with kids age 8+.

I think it's a great film, Where father and son are in it together, As they are in real life I recommend this movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJavier Noyola February 9, 2014

horrible

made not much sense with barely any fight scenes.
Teen, 16 years old Written bywillman72 November 28, 2013

good movie

may be scary for young viewers only issue is violence but good message about fear and a father and son bond remind me a bit of star trek
Teen, 13 years old Written byMinecraft Lover 2013 November 6, 2013

Exciting, and a good family bonding.

After Earth is an exciting action movie about survival, father and son, and futuristic worlds. I personally really liked it, and it's okay for older kids and teens.
Kid, 11 years old October 27, 2013

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WATCHING THIS DUMB MOVIE.

THIS IS DUMB.It's is boring,but the special effects were good.It's violent,including blood a bloody artieral bypass and more.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykatnissthegirlonfire October 23, 2013

Heart Warming

Great movie, it is really thought provoking and heart warming. It is all about a boy that wants to prove himself to his dad and battles against ferocious beasts that once loved us but when humans left earth they became killing machines.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byditzyleopard August 19, 2013

Great for mature kids, if you don't mind them seeing lots of dead bodies, fighting, and gore.

Very gory and intense movie, I'd be happy to take my teen nephew, but I'm not keen on all the gore for younger kids. Quite a lot of mature topics that I think are better understood by older audiences. I was shocked to see two young girls in the theater when we arrived, and they were both unable to stay throughout the whole movie. I'd say they were 4 and 6, maybe 7?