All member reviews for Airplane!

Teen, 17 years old Written byjohnthemon February 25, 2011

Very funny movie, definitely recommend.

Brief nudity might bug some viewers (which I find kind of hilarious) and there is one scene of pretty clear inuendo. Other than that, it's just a freaking hilarious movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bythundermuffin September 29, 2012

My favorite movie of all time! But you have to know your kid

Ok, here's what I say about Airplane!. YOU HAVE TO KNOW YOUR KID. This movie is my favorite movie of all time! I have seen it numerous times and I see something new every time. Actually, I first saw it when I was about 9, and still loved it! However, when I was 9, I did not understand any of the sexual references. And the cursing didn't influence me because my parents had taught me better than that. If you have the type of kid who will repeat things just because they heard it in a movie, then maybe this movie in for them. Yeah, they say "s**t", d*mn, and other bad words (don't worry, no use of the f word). But if you have thoroughly explained to your kids that although there is cursing in the movie, that doesn't mean it is acceptable for them to curse in real life, then they are probably okay. Racial jokes? A lot. But you have to remember it was the 80s! "Politically correct" did not exist. Therefore, there are scenes referencing African Americans, Jews (well that one is only like 2 seconds long), Muslims (again, 2 seconds long) and probably some others. But don't get upset; it's only meant to be funny. Okay, I will admit there is a bunch of sexual references. For one, the woman has to inflate and inflatable automatic pilot, and the place where she has to blow it up is in the crotch area. When I was 9, I didn't get it. It didn't scar me for life. If I asked my older brother what that part meant, he just said that he didn't know either. That stuff will probably go right over your little one's heads. The naked woman running across the scene is also a bit iffy. Maybe you could learn where that part comes in, and create a distraction so your kids look away. This should be fairly easy, considering she is only on the screen for about 2 seconds. It's not worth stripping your child of seeing a great movie just for those 2 seconds. The pedophile questions aren't that funny. The pilot asks a little boy "Joey, have you ever been in a Turkish prison?" and "Joey, have you ever seen a grown man naked?" among other questions, although the naked one is by far the raciest. The others don't really mean anything, I don't think. As far as violence goes, it NEVER shows anything graphic. It basically gives you the idea and you have to interpret the rest. Some funny parts in the movie are how the main character always bores everyone when he tells them his life story, to the point that they kill themselves. For example, he was talking to an old lady, and at the end of the story you see her feet dangling from the ceiling, suggesting she hung herself out of boredom. But it doesn't show anything scary. There is also a little girl on the plane in need of a heart transplant. While one of the flight attendants is singing to her with a guitar to soothe her, she accidentally knocks out the IV and doesn't notice. Some people say that it is implied that the girl dies, but all you see is the IV knocked out, and the scene ends shortly after that, and she is never even mentioned again in the movie. Like most things in this movie, they are mentioned for a short time and never again. It's like mini-plots. The only plots that stay throughout the movie is the main character having to fly and land the plane after the pilots get sick, and him trying to win Elaine, the flight attendant, back after they broke up. Lastly, drugs and alcohol. Here's a fact: THEY SMOKED IN 80S MOVIES. Your kid has probably had all those "don't smoke, don't do drugs" talks, so as long as you tell them that back then people didn't know it was really that bad for you, then that's okay. A lady sniffs cocaine. Chances are, your young children will not know it's cocaine (I know because my dad told me). And although people might drink a glass or two in the movie, no one gets drunk. So although there is alcohol, there is no alcohol ABUSE. As long as you're over 21, alcohol is okay to drink if you don't abuse it. Make sure your kids understand that! It's not the alcohol that is bad, it's if you drink too much of it. Well, I think I covered everything. In summary, you have to decide if this is best for your kid. I really think they would be missing out on a great movie if you don't allow them to see it. Because aside from all the bad stuff I just mentioned, there are TONS of good stuff! Kids in school are always quoting funny lines from that movie. But REMEMBER, as long as your kids know right from wrong, as long as they know not to emulate on screen characters, and as long as they know to listen to their PARENTS for life advice and not some silly movie, then they will be just fine.
Kid, 11 years old January 13, 2011

Dont call me shirly

Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byZeego November 26, 2011

Why all the controversy?

Okay, so it has some nudity. Who cares? It's not like a brief breast shot will turn your kid into a psychopath.
Teen, 13 years old Written by4kidshater September 21, 2010

a funny, but very racy film. not for kids.

It's a good film, but it's racy. It has nudity, sex themes, drug use, and language. Don't get Airplane 2 because it racier and stupider. I highly reccomeded it.
Kid, 11 years old September 11, 2010

This movie was hilarious. It was kinda innapropriate though. They actually show full nudity. The only reason it's PG is because it came out in 1980. If it came out this year, it would be a hard PG-13. Maybe iffy for 10 or 11+
Teen, 16 years old Written byfatcatmikez April 9, 2008

Funny Movie... Very Edgy For PG

This movie contians a strong amount of sex and drugs. There is a topless woman that flashes in front of the screen (you can see everything) and lots of drug use. The language isn't that bad. If this was made today, it would be a PG-13, not a PG.
Kid, 10 years old June 12, 2015

Hilarious!

Such a good movie! It's so funny. Although most of the humor is innuendo, it's really good. An airplane is going to crash and all the pilots/passengers are sick! A guy has to pilot it back to safety. As I said earlier, lots of innuendo and sexual reference, but fine for mature 10 year olds. If you think "Kids shouldn't be exposed to this stuff at this age", all I have to tell you adults is, most kids have seen all of this and get every single joke in the movie (Me included).
Teen, 17 years old Written byJackalope March 30, 2015

Hilarity at its Best

You have no idea. If you have not seen this film, you are seriously missing out on one of the greatest comedy experiences of all time. This movie is absolutely hysterical, and its parodies are still funny, and even ring true with some of today's films. On to the advisory part of the review: I advise parents to screen this one first. There's a good bit of cursing, but nothing too bad. The sexual humor is constant through the film, and though some of it may go over kids' heads, some of it is just plain blatant ("Have you ever seen a grown man naked?"). In a giant panic scene, every passenger on the plane freaks out, and a topless woman runs across the screen. Her breasts are directly in front of the camera. The guy in charge of the airport tower has a serious drug and alcohol problem, and though it's played for laughs, it may give way to some questionable behavior in younger kids. Also, some girl scouts may be offended at the scene in the bar. I will say no more. This movie, while incredibly crude, is hilarious, and a great watch for older teens and their friends.
Kid, 12 years old December 18, 2014

Hilarious parody, but very mature

I stumbled onto this movie while surfing through Netflix. It looked good, so I googled it, and saw its really good reviews. Seeing it was PG, I decided to watch it. But I was surprised. There is cartoon violence (stabbings, swordfights, and suicides). There is lots of innuendo and in one scene, there is a clear shot of adult magazines. There is a decent amount of swearing and one character does cocaine and another sniffs glue, and a lot of racism. There is also one scene with nudity and another that makes a joke out of almost killing someone. However, it is still a really, really funny slapstick comedy. Yet, it shouldn't be watched by anyone under 14. If it were made today, it would be rated R. Still, a really funny movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byaabigailrose November 29, 2014

What it was meant to be!

Airplane! is exactly what is was meant to be, a crazy spoof, filled with moments of pure hilarity. However, these moments often come laced with sexual innuendo, drug references, or violence. There is brief "nudity" (although only of a plastic doll) and several references to drinking, and drugs, although very brief. Many characters in this movie are portrayed as smoking, however this is a movie from the 70s, and that was not out of place during this time period. Everything is made light of, from drug abuse to plane crashes, and while most of the crude humor will go straight over the heads of young viewers, it's still best to err on the side of caution. There was a five year old watching this with me, and while none of the inappropriate references were apparent to him, he enjoyed the obvious humor (inflatable pilot, etc.) There are also some references to a pedophile and an intense kissing scene. Honestly, if your kids are mature enough to handle this film, there's no reason NOT to watch it, because it is a good time and lots of laughs. However, if you have even the slightest doubt about your child(ren)'s maturity, I would skip this movie, because there's not enough positive message to make it worth watching for a child who's not ready for the material. Overall, a good watch, but know your child before pressing play!
Kid, 11 years old November 11, 2014

Hilarious comedy proves that a movie doesn't need a proper script to be good

Sex- 4 (Moderate Sexual References and Brief Nudity)
Teen, 13 years old Written byLivgirl13 July 5, 2014

Funny movie that lives forever!

Even though this movie isn't the most recent, the jokes are still funny and never get old! The movie is very cheesy though. (as every good spoof should be!) The reason I said it may be ok for 13 and under is because some of the jokes are mature and would only be understood by an older audience. I am 13 and just watched this and some of the jokes related to other classic movies (like the scene on the beach) that I didn't get because I didn't see the movie. Younger children would probably not get most of what makes this movie funny. There is also some language that would be ok for a teen to hear, but not a younger kid. And the great part about this movie is that you can skip past some of the inappropriate parts and still watch the rest of the movie without being really confused. I skipped past the few bad scenes and I still very much enjoyed the movie. I think this is a must see movie for families with teens.(Oh, and even though this movie is rated pg, it isn't pg according to the standards today because this movie was made in the 80's and there was no rating for movies that are in between PG and R. This movie is technically PG-13 so don't watch this movie expecting it to be ok to watch with your younger kids just because it says its PG.)
Kid, 10 years old March 23, 2014

HILARIOUS

Hilarious skit comedy!!! There are some very funny but sexual scenes - when the plane is SPOILER about to crash a woman's breasts (clothed) jiggle around for a few seconds and a topless woman's breasts fill the screen for a few seconds which created an awkward feeling in the air as I was watching this with my parents :/ There is also a scene where a woman is smoking cocaine but it is for comedy purpose, she is offered alcohol and looks disgusted but she has cocaine and seems fine with it!!! Also men try to commit suicide when the main character tells them mind-numbingly boring (intended) stories about his previous love it's funny though!!! A woman also tries to inflate a 'autopilot' inflatable balloon toy thing but his blow up thing is where his p---s would be and a man walks in and we see it from his point of view it looks extremely wrong!!! A woman also gives birth on the plane it's funny but nothing gory just her lying on a hospital bed with her legs apart. Other HILARIOUS parts you should definitely watch it!!! Some swearing as well but not too bad.
Kid, 12 years old January 19, 2014

Funniest parody. 'Nuff said

If your parents were like mine at 11, letting me see anything PG-13 and under, then you would've already seen stuff worse then this. The movie is hilarious, even though I have not seen the sources it made fun of. A very fun time you won't want to miss.
Kid, 11 years old January 2, 2014

Nudity in a PG...?

Airplane is real funny but it contains- Violence = People hang themselves, burn themselves at cut themselves. Self-mutilation is briefly present. People are implied to smack a woman with hammers, guns & power tools. 4/10 for violence. Language = Occasional uses of s**t, a** and d*mn. That is all. 2/10 for language. Sex = Loads of sex references. At one point, it looks like a woman is performing oral sex on a blowup doll. A woman runs across the screen naked for 6 seconds, she pauses, and shakes her breasts in front of the camera. You can very briefly at one point see pubic hair. And a woman is seen putting cocaine down her pants and masturbating to it. Hilarious, but not for kids. 10/10 for sex. Drugs, Drinking & Smoking- A woman snorts heroin, and throughout the film is seen in the background smoking, inhaling, snorting in drugs. A drunk man is seen snorting cocaine, and a woman is seen putting cocaine down her pants and masturbating to it. 8/10 Overall score = 24/40. Very explicit for a PG rated movie. More like PG-13, maybe even R!
Kid, 12 years old December 29, 2013

Don't watch this movie!

THIS WAS THE WORST MOVIE EVER. If you don't have a fear of airplanes you will get one after this movie! People air food poisoned and sick and flight attendant almost kills a little girl. It is also just boring at some parts. I didn't laugh once and it is a comedy!
Teen, 16 years old Written byFireox December 2, 2013

Fireox

It is a really funny movie, however there is on scene in the middle of the movie, where a womens breasts are fully exposed to the camera. The women runns into center frame and stands there for about 3 seconds then runs off. other than that scene it is a really funny movie.
Kid, 9 years old October 23, 2013

funny

very funny but mild swearing and sexual jokes
Teen, 14 years old Written byteenreview101 September 23, 2013

You ever been in a cockpit before?

I might say this movie is okay even for 11 year olds, but they might find it boring at parts. This movie is really funny and would be to almost any viewer. I have seen people say that there is full frontal nudity. That is not true, it is a woman's breasts that pop on the screen for a few seconds, not the whole package. There are a lot of sexual themes about this movie including an old pilot making sexual references towards a little boy. There are other things in this movie that make this rating the way it is but I won't go into it and leave it to your own hands from here.