All member reviews for Alabama Moon

Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow June 2, 2012

Great novel adaptation will please fans of the book

I read the Alabama Moon book for my sixth grade summer reading list, and I LOVED it. The second I finished it, I new there needed to be a movie. I had already planned it all out in my head, and, for a reason that I now can't remember, I wanted James Franco to play Moon's father. When I heard that there was a movie, I was ecstatic. I begged and begged and begged for it, until I finally got it on DVD for my 13th birthday. We all watched it together on the first night, and it was great. James Franco wasn't in it, but I was very pleased by the casting regardless, and I especially loved John Goodman's role. It stayed very true to the nature of the book, with a good message and some great role models, but, like in the book, there is some language and a brief violent image when they show the injury on the leg of Moon's dad. There is also a moment where Moon is kissed offscreen by a girl (an event that did not occur in the book), which left Moon all shaken up. I'll admit that the the acting from the kids isn't the best, although the adult characters did very well, especially from John Goodman and Clint Howard. This might not quite compare to the book, but it is nonetheless a sweet family adventure for all ages.
Kid, 10 years old January 18, 2015

Great Movie!!!

I really liked this movie because it had a good story line and did not favor the protagonist. In the end it did, but through out the movie Moon was not necessarily the favored one. This movie is great for a family that is investigating for good movies. As the story goes on you are in Moon's shoes, running and hiding in the forest with Kit & Hal.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJanvierRain August 30, 2012

A little disappointing.

I personally thought it was boring and poorly lit, most of the time I could only see and eye and it wasn't dramatic lighting it was "I can't see anything and it's really irritating". On the positive side (or the side I could actually see) it was pretty clean and it warmed my heart a little.