All member reviews for Aladdin

A magic carpet ride of a movie from Disney.

Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

Why don't they make movies like this anymore?

This is a fantastic movie. It has all of the child-like wonder of disney movies, but also has some very chilling moments. This is splendidly done, with the animations right on and the mood set just right. Every time I see this movie I marvel at the way it can make you feel certain things. The ending can be nightmare inducing for younger children, and even gave me some goose bumps. The music is wonderful and the animations are also for the date it was done in. This was my favourite movie growing up, and I have a feeling it's going to be around for a looong time.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp March 12, 2011

Teen, 14 years old Written byReviewBoy November 22, 2009

Bad stuff, Good stuff, overall, great movie!

This movie is perfect for a movie night with no worries. The stuff to watch out for is very minimal, but still there. Bad stuff: Jasmine is, throughout the whole movie, in a bikini. But they are in India, but towards the end, Jafar (the bad guy) makes Jasmine his slave with chains on her wrists. He offers to make her his wife, and to distract Jafar to help Aladdin, she takes the veil that she clung to her body and brushes it off, while walking in a provocative way. Aladdin also steals from many shops and vendors, looting their money and wares Good stuff: Aladdin sees Jasmine in the marketplace and saves her from having her hand cut off, the penalty for stealing, which she didn't. Aladdin, after a wearying chase with guards, is about to eat some freshly stolen bread when he sees a pair of young children and gives it to them. Aww....
Kid, 12 years old November 11, 2012

Amazing

Disney needs to make more movies like this. I'm twelve and I still watch this and all of the other princessy, flying carpet, and fairy tale movies from Disney. There is some violence and belly dancers with revealing dresses. The villan might scare littler kids. Disney seriously needs to stop focusing on style and bad humor and come back to these wonderful musicals.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLiveLoveLOL August 15, 2013

I love it!

This film is one of my all time favorite Disney movies! It's such a cute film and it's very entertaining. Jasmine is my favorite Disney princess along with Rapunzel, so I might be biased;) Genie is funny, Aladdin's attractive, and Jasmine's adventurous. What more could you ask for? I remember as a little kid the giant sand tiger mouth freaked me out a little, but other than that I was fine. I think it's a great family movie that never gets old.
Teen, 13 years old Written byILuvCats November 5, 2011

I love this one!

Very good movie! My favorite princess movie! But Jasmine and other women wear very skimpy clothes. Its animated and most kids won't notice. Other then that its great. I don't like the very beginning but the rest is awesome!
Teen, 15 years old Written byJacob Haimovitz December 30, 2012

Aladdin is age-appropriate for kids 6 and up but too scary for kids 5 and under

Aladdin is a disney movie for all ages. Aladdin is a disney musical kids movie. Aladdin is Rated G-which is for everyone but it is not Rated PG.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 20, 2012

aladdin

Families can talk about contradictions -- how people can be both good and bad, and learn from their mistakes? Ask kids how they think Aladdin acted selfishly or unselfishly throughout the movie. Try playing the "three wishes" game in your family, and discuss the possible consequences of everyone's wishes.
Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written byMarii0726 June 10, 2011

Can be a bit too scary for young kids

This movie has been one of my all time favorites growing up, so I'm happy to share it with today's kids. The songs are wonderfully fun and most of the humor is very kid-friendly, although they aren't likely to pick up on some of the Genie's more snide jokes. I watched this movie with a 7 year old and a 4 year old today: Some parts were too intense and frightening for the younger one, but there's enough comic relief to loosen the tension for him. So I'd rate this as being fine for older kids (maybe 6/7+) but younger kids might enjoy it as well with a parent.
Adult Written byWaterNymph March 18, 2011

Inapporpriate Sexiness

Jasmine is constantly showing her belly button and cleavage, and there is a scene toward the end where she basically becomes Jafar's sex slave.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNorthernNights June 6, 2010

'You never had a friend like me!'

I thought it was really funny! It lost me later on when Aladan became a little snippy and sappy, but otherwise I like it! The genie by far is my favorite character! And Jasmine is a good role model by standing up for herself and refusing to marry just anyone.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 October 2, 2009

Exciting and gripping movie

This is a movie kids will automatically see, whether they're in daycare, or at school, but this movie is inevitable to watch. Its plot is genius and Williams is great as the enormous, blue, kindhearted genie. This movie is a must-see!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMadelineMini April 4, 2015

One of my favorite Disney movies!

Aladdin is an awesome movie! I love all of the characters, and they all have different personalities. I like the genie and Iago the parrot the most because they are hilarious. The movie is a great family classic. Sensitive kids might get a little scared by the talking lion cave. Lots of adventure and great music! Watch the movie for yourself to see how good it is! Also, Aladdin is the best looking Disney prince.
Teen, 13 years old Written byleftbehindcrazed8 January 9, 2011

amaaaaaaaaazing!!!!!!!

AMAZING!! My dad and I would watch this ALL. THE. TIME. Really, we would. This teaches good messages about being who you really are and not being someone else to impress someone, (Jasmine in this case) and both Aladdin, Jasmine, and the Genie are good role models. Minor scariness when it comes to the Cave Of Wonders, and when I was little I got scared of Jafar dressed as the old man and as a snake. But if you don't think your kids will get to freaked out by that, then watch this with them FOR SURE!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byHorace Williams December 1, 2014

Aladdin is a beautiful Disney movie.

I love Aladdin. Awesome animation, fantastic acting, and very creative. How can you not like Aladdin? It's Heavenly.
Teen, 15 years old Written byStefan Tomasi October 17, 2012

Thumbs Up for a Great Disney Film

Big thumbs up for a wonderful and spectacular Disney film!! It includes a great soundtrack since Beauty and the Beast.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bysmcclenaghan September 1, 2012

Fine.

Watch it with young children and explain why Aladdin is stealing food. Make sure he or she is following main points of the movie. My five year old thought the genie scenes near the end were "a little scary" but it was no big deal and he wants to see it again.
Kid, 12 years old August 17, 2012

Aladdin

This film sends out a great message that you should always be yourself, because pretending to be someone different won't help you at all.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLaLa567 January 2, 2012

This is a great movie!!!!

All you people saying this movie is "innapropriate" are wrong. I used to watch aladdin when I was 4 and I dont even remember the scene of Jasmine kissing Jafar! Its perfectly fine! The music is great, the role models are great. Jasmine teaches to value your self worth (she doesn't even want to be a princess) Aladdin teaches not to lie. Great movie! Buy it when you see it in stores!
Adult Written byMi3 February 3, 2011

ALMOST NAKED WOMEN!

TONS of almost naked girls, cleavage, scary scenes for a 6 year old, and Aladdin holds the princess very close on the first date.