All member reviews for Alex Cross

Perry underwhelms in formulaic, violent action thriller.

Parent Written byslowgary October 27, 2012

Family Movie, WTF?

How is this even listed as a family movie? C'mon commonsensemedia, this is just common sense... it's a movie about a serial killer. WTF?
Teen, 13 years old Written byimsocool101 December 4, 2012

bad

very violent diffinetley not for kids. felt uncomfortable being there
Educator and Parent Written bySassy Sharon October 21, 2012

Don't waste your money!

I read the book,not even close,When you are waiting for a GOOD movie to come out.......whatt a disappointment!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviebuff6996 June 3, 2013

Alex Cross pushes boundary of the PG-13 rating

“Alex Cross is an awful movie that can’t be saved by Matthew Fox’s sinister performance as well as a reasonable pace. It’s an awful movie due to the poorly written script, dialogue and plot holes that accompany it, bad directing, clichéd and rather dull climax, as well as the movies message that revenge is sometimes necessary is a bad message and the fact that the movie as a whole feels like a low budget movie with an unclear vision”. The violence and language are problematic as well.
Teen, 13 years old Written byemcfa3000 May 27, 2013

VERY GOOD

My kind of film. There is a psychopathic murderer involved (played by Matthew fox, from lost) and its sad toward the end, there's drugs involved a tiny bit, and torture, you don't see the torture but you see the effects it had. Based on a book, of course it's good.
Parent Written by915071 May 27, 2013

Kid, 12 years old May 15, 2013

Good movie

My parents took me to see it at the theaters we all loved it. All though I had to close my eyes on one sex scene the villain is a twisted dark maybe even disturbed killer but Alex cross is a very good,kind man and father and stands for his wifes death it was a good movie
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 April 6, 2013

lazy, uninspired thriller has poor writing

Teen, 15 years old Written byjeremybusbee October 28, 2012

WOW!!

i was very into this movie great lines in this movie love it but some content may not age ready for kids under 15 so study up on this movie
Adult Written byjoshua martinez October 26, 2012

14 and up.

Alex Cross is a good entertaining thriller movie stars with Tyler perry from the madea films but this thriller movie is only for your older teens and parents you need to know that Alex cross has a lot of intense violence including a disturbing scene where a young women is being torture there is sexual content and nudity shown there's also some strong language used and some drinking and a drug used to paralyzes the victim.
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 October 19, 2012

Violent action thriller impresses

I didn't know what to expect from a comedian playing a serious detective, but he did a good job. This movie was excellent, but very mature. I don't understand the pg-13. The bad guy is portrayed as a truly twisted guy, who chops off fingers of a woman and drugs her so she can't defend herself. This is not a kids' film. May be okay for teens.