All member reviews for Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker

Teen spy hero makes leap from book to screen.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviereviewer April 9, 2008

average...

Although a good book it seems that Alex can get out of anything.

Stormbreaker is surprisingly taking the world by... um... storm! The gadgets are cool, with Nintendo's name stuck as one of the main features. Sure, kids can be a bit scared, but then again, anyone under 3rd Grade shouldn't even be watching the movie! If your tween-teen is not getting enough fun and action, see the movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHannah181822ab April 9, 2008

Amazing!

This movie was amazing. I think it could hold just about anybody's interest. It is a great spy movie. Alex Rider is just this typical kid but MI6 wants him to work for him. They send him on this mission to find out the truth about the Stormbreaker computers. It was a great movie definatley worth seeing again and again!
Kid, 9 years old July 2, 2010

Awesome!

Really good. Dont do this at home.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytweeni January 23, 2010

a good movie for adventure lovers

this movie is excellent for any adventure lover. the story flows smoothly and is exciting throughout. however, some of the violence may scare kids younger than ten. all in all a very good movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 1, 2009

A Super-Cool film.

I love action movies and spy films, and since I'm not old enough to see James Bond, this was the perfect solution. Car chases, explosions, cool gadgets, this film is what every tween boy should like.
Teen, 16 years old Written byCurbspaget April 9, 2008

Should've aimed for a PG-13 rating.

The book was too mature for the transition to be PG-13 without cutting/drastically changing out major points of the plot, therefore the movie was bad.
Teen, 14 years old Written byralexin April 9, 2008

The kind of movie you'd watch over vacation when you have nothing to do.

I found Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker an entertaining, but very silly, movie. I found the plotline a little bit confusing, even though I'd read the book previously, but otherwise, it was engaging and fun. As an action movie, it has a little bit of violence, including a person getting stabbed by a blowfish, martial arts, a person getting attacked by a jellyfish, and gun use. Good for kids above nine or ten years old.
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byRubyRose January 31, 2015

James Bond for tweens

My 9 year old is in to anything to do with spies. There are few movies that are appropriate for this age. I was looking for a young James Bond-type show. We had seen "The Spy Next Door", the Cody Banks movies, the Spy Kids things. This one is a little more grown up but well done. A little funny, a cute protagonist, no drinking or smoking, no making out, no double entendres. Lots of action (people get shot but no blood) and a kids doing amazing bike riding stunts and martial arts. 12 year old enjoyed it too.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjavierewe June 4, 2014

STORMBREAKER REVIEW

Not like the book at all, book is much nicer
Adult Written bySunnyZim October 5, 2013

Bad acting, lame plot, overall boring.

Terribly boring, lame plot and poorly acted. In addition, the villain's motivation was pathetic and unconvincing to say the least. I'm not surprised this was a flop at the box office.
Teen, 14 years old Written byArry August 17, 2013

Meh..

It's a great film... if you've never been exposed to espionage before. Which, I suppose, is possibly true for some 8 year olds. For me, it was just unrealistic and boring. Sure, there were ok action sequences, but when Ian Rider magically escapes from under a boat and is seen driving off in a car, I can only scoff. Also, the film makes espionage seem easy-peasy lemon-squeezy. Well, according to the books, it really isn't. It's gruelling. They didn't quite portray it like that. So, I think the film was ok. Not brilliant, but not horrendous.
Kid, 11 years old May 13, 2013

THE BOOK IS A THOUSAND TIMES BETTER

VIOLENCE- 8/10. Violent shootings. A man is shot off-screen, intense not-necessary action, car chases, and a woman is stung to death by a large, bloated jellyfish. (Disturbing and violent) SEX: 4/10. Flirting. DRINKING/DRUGS/SMOKING: 5/10. Drinking/smoking, and syringes are used. LANGUAGE: One incomplete h*ll, a bloody, and one or two hecks. CONSUMERISM: 4/10. Poorly based off of the amazing book. MY MPAA RATING: PG-13 FOR INTENSE SEQUENCES OF VIOLENCE AND STRONG ACTION, PERIL, DISTURBING IMAGES, MILD LANGUAGE AND A SCENE OF SENSUALITY. ........
Teen, 13 years old Written bymeerahelameera May 12, 2013

this is a very amazing movie so parents allow your kids to watch it.

i think this movie is suitable for your 11 year old and because i loved the james bonds movies i loved these too so if your 11 year old loves to watch spies and act like them then this will be the best spy movie for them because of all the spy movies i have watched this is the best one i know it miht be old (2006) but still you would never get tired of it i am defenatily sure. i know i might have spelling mistakes but i am in a hurry so sorry just please allow your kids to watch this awesome movie and you will be happy to see them getting into this movie as in loved this awesome movie.
Kid, 9 years old May 5, 2013

Good!

Alex Rider the book series is legendary, but the movie was just good. It might bore younger kids but great for 9 & up!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymannequin July 2, 2012

rubbish!!!!!!

Pretty poor movie. I loved the books, but the film is a lot of rubbish! Don't bother!
Kid, 10 years old June 22, 2012

very good movie

The movie is very good a little action violence but nothing a ten year old cant see. but the movie is better if you read the book.
Kid, 11 years old April 29, 2012

Stormsucker

we wrere learning about this book at school so the teacher made my class watch this.It's a really badmovie full of cringeworthy diolouge and the idocy of the heros made me laugh.Don't bover with this one
Kid, 11 years old October 27, 2011

Nothing Like The Book

Teen, 17 years old Written byChinchilla836 September 20, 2011

Haven`t seen the movie but read the book

I haven`t seen the movie but I read the books. I like the books and I hope the movie will be great!