All member reviews for Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker

Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviereviewer April 9, 2008

average...

Although a good book it seems that Alex can get out of anything.

Stormbreaker is surprisingly taking the world by... um... storm! The gadgets are cool, with Nintendo's name stuck as one of the main features. Sure, kids can be a bit scared, but then again, anyone under 3rd Grade shouldn't even be watching the movie! If your tween-teen is not getting enough fun and action, see the movie.
Kid, 9 years old July 2, 2010

Awesome!

Really good. Dont do this at home.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 1, 2009

A Super-Cool film.

I love action movies and spy films, and since I'm not old enough to see James Bond, this was the perfect solution. Car chases, explosions, cool gadgets, this film is what every tween boy should like.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHannah181822ab April 9, 2008

Amazing!

This movie was amazing. I think it could hold just about anybody's interest. It is a great spy movie. Alex Rider is just this typical kid but MI6 wants him to work for him. They send him on this mission to find out the truth about the Stormbreaker computers. It was a great movie definatley worth seeing again and again!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLittle movie freak December 30, 2009

Not Entertaining ,pretty Boring and not to good either!

Is this a good movie. Not even close! This is why i am rating this movie as a 2 stars(out of five) stars. This movie is pretty boring not that entertaining and not great either(well, for me at least) If I were you I would skip this movie. DON'T SEE THIS MOVIE! SKIP IT! WARNING: Some frightening violence and images occur in this movie that could scare younger children 9 and under.Best for ages 12-14+
Kid, 12 years old May 16, 2011

good movie, loosely based on book though

good... sabina is like the 2nd main character tho but she isn't in da first book n e way. And ian rider doznt appear in the book anyway, anthony horowitz, the author, just describes him in the sense that alex is thinking about his uncle. Also, I couldn't help but noticing that the actor that plays Alex has blond highlights... =D
Teen, 13 years old Written bytweeni January 23, 2010

a good movie for adventure lovers

this movie is excellent for any adventure lover. the story flows smoothly and is exciting throughout. however, some of the violence may scare kids younger than ten. all in all a very good movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byralexin April 9, 2008

The kind of movie you'd watch over vacation when you have nothing to do.

I found Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker an entertaining, but very silly, movie. I found the plotline a little bit confusing, even though I'd read the book previously, but otherwise, it was engaging and fun. As an action movie, it has a little bit of violence, including a person getting stabbed by a blowfish, martial arts, a person getting attacked by a jellyfish, and gun use. Good for kids above nine or ten years old.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhared sayle April 9, 2008

a must seemovie and must see book

the book was awsome it kept me almost falling out of my seat the whole way thruogh so if the movie is anything like the book it will keep you in suspince the whole way through.
Teen, 16 years old Written byCurbspaget April 9, 2008

Should've aimed for a PG-13 rating.

The book was too mature for the transition to be PG-13 without cutting/drastically changing out major points of the plot, therefore the movie was bad.
Kid, 9 years old January 30, 2010

pretty painful

The movie was pretty bad (ironic right). The violence was bad too. A man is shot off a roof and is shown falling in slow motion. If there is no violence Alex is in intense peril, but although this movie is very bad it is pretty entertaining
Teen, 13 years old Written byvictorfavero April 9, 2008

Stupid movie Alert!

Stupid movie. I read the book first and liked it and have since read the entire series but this movie is idiotic. I thought it would be like the book but it was far less interesting. DO NOT WATCH.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJohanjwalker April 9, 2008

Boo! I hated it! Cody Banks is SOOO much better.

Yeah, Alex Rider is packed with a lot of action, but I've got news for teens like me: the action sequences are pure crap. Boring. HOW couldn ANY movie make a scene where a boy is trapped in a small tank with a giant man-of-war jellyfish SO boring? How? I almost fell asleep. But if you really do want to watch it, bring some coke or something loaded with caffein with you if you're watching it an night. Kids, go elsewhere. Agent Cody Banks is great for tweens, and the Indiana Jones Trilogy is top-noth, and I mean THE BEST. Nothing really to worry about in this movie expect a little corny violence and one evil character getting electrocuted by a man-of-war. Still, this film is corny. I hated it. It went too fast and there was very seldom dialogue. Just explosions and boredom. Nothing else really to worry about, except the commercialism. There's a lot. But that's still nothing bad. However, be warned that Alex Rider is not for adults. Why? Because it's horrible!
Kid, 10 years old April 20, 2011

Great family spy movie!

My friend introduced me to this book series and I had to see this movie. My whole family ( Younger brother, 4, younger sister, 8, older brother, 11) watched this movie and everyone loved it, even my little bro, who wasn't scared at all.
Kid, 9 years old February 17, 2011

soz again

eek
Kid, 9 years old January 8, 2011

the armed forces recruits are mean to alex. first his parents died then his uncle dies than he is a spy trying to kill a computer programer with a computer called the stormbreaker

I loved every second!

I love the books and the movie! It is perfect for teens and pre-teens! I'm thirteen it is cool to think that a person your age can actually led such an exciting life. It is good for your imagination and it opens up new ideas in your mind. And I love it because it is so well thought out. :)
Kid, 11 years old October 27, 2011

Nothing Like The Book

Teen, 14 years old Written bypeter001 August 1, 2011

What's up with the "too much sexual content and language" ??!??!?!?!?!

I really don't get the fact that others are saying this has too much "sexual behavior". I'm pretty sure no one kissed (although I'm not positive) there wasn't really any flirting. AND ever one is saying the language isn't appropriate!? There are NO SWEARS whatsoever!!! Do you even allow your kids to say "dang it" or "what the heck" ??!!! By the way this is coming from a Mormon, and if a Mormon thinks the language is okay, then that almost guarantees that the language is okay. There was not very much drinking/smoking/etc, and it was all done by adult characters. As to the violence, yes it was violent at times, but it was nothing compared to what really goes on in the CIA or MI6/5. It also tames it down from the books (only slightly though). Alright, as for my opinion of the movie, I loved it. My brother (10) also enjoyed it (he has not read the books btw). I have read the books and yes, it's not exactly the same as the books. But, can you name a movie that IS exactly the same as the books? My point. It followed the plot much better than the Percy Jackson movie did, partially because Anthony Horowitz himself adapted the screenplay. The only odd part was that they put Sabina in, yet she doesn't appear until the third book. But it worked fine, so I don't care... Great movie.