All parent member reviews for Alice in Wonderland (2010)

Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written bylovemykiddos March 7, 2010

Awesome movie for 10ish and up.

I loved this movie, and so did my 16 year old niece. The make-up, the hair, the costumes were all amazing! However, I sat there throughout the movie thinking that perhaps I was not going to take my 8 year old daughter. There is a part where an animal's eyeball is plucked out; a monster is be-headed by Alice (which in and of it self was not horribly graphic or anything, until you had to watch the head bounce down the stairs and roll to the red queen). I thought it was sad that infidelity was thrown into the movie in a couple different scenes, once with Alice's brother-in-law and once with the Red Queen's husband. I think that my ten year old would like the movie, however I am pretty sure that my 8 year old daughter would be telling me that it was a little scary and freaky.
Parent of a 6, 10, and 13 year old Written byshadowfc March 6, 2010

Awesome family movie!

After seeing the previews for this movie, my whole family has been greatly anticipating the movie's release. We saw it today at the theatre in 3D. It was truly a fantastic experience. My kids - 13, 10, and 6 all thoroughly enjoyed the experience, as did I! The story was truly enticing and kept the kids attention the entire time. My 6 year old was the only concern, but she is used to movies like Harry Potter that have intense situations and magical beasts. She wasn't phased at all in the movie. I like that the movie had no bad language that I can remember and very little blood (except for some scrapes on Alice's arm). There are some dark moments that are classic Tim Burton, like Alice having to jump across some decapitated heads to get to the other side of a moat. But again, I don't think it was too intense or creepy for even my youngest. Only bad moments were brief. I didn't like the "falsies" worn by one of the Red Queen's entourage, nor the White Queen spitting into something she gave Alice to drink (immitative behavior). And don't be surprised if your kids go running through the house immitating the Red Queen and suggesting you chop off everyone's head, including the dog. To round out my review, this is a very clean and exciting family film. I give it five stars from a movie story, effects, and famliy-friendliness perspective. I can't wait to see it again!
Parent of a 11 year old Written byCristina V March 6, 2010

I thought it was OK, but I am not a fan of the Alice in Wonderland book. When I went to watch it there were some young kids that did OK. I on the other hand found it hard to digest. There are some weird scenes where the rabbit acts crazy, that was not comical.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bymatoje March 6, 2010

Not a fairy tale movie!

Adult Written bytrybicki March 6, 2010

Kudos to Tim Burton

Loved It. Loved the artistic three dimensional effects created by Tim Burton. The Mad Hatter's Happy Dance was hysterical. Enjoyed the acting and the humor. Fun to watch.
Adult Written byvernefan March 6, 2010

Loved it, nothing but 100% fun entertainment.
Adult Written bygreeen March 5, 2010

Another GREAT movie!

It has just the right mix of imagination to let kids know not to let theres go, it has a perfect balance of good and evil and even though at times it can be "jumpy" most kids in this day wouldnt even flinch! It has a wonderful storyline to tell kids not to let others dictate your dreams but to do what is right, no matter whos on your side.
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written byfnnkybutt March 4, 2010

The Disney animated Alice in Wonderland was a bit intense for some kids too, but we all saw it. ;)
Adult Written bymarilyn.coleman... February 26, 2010

great fantasy movie

Parent of a 4 and 9 year old Written byJose Vela February 24, 2010

The true value of it.

I love this Carrol´s novel, i think it would be very important that people know the message Lewis Carrol wanted to give us, for me it´s been very helpful for the relation with my kids, since i understood the novel i get along better with them. Don´t just have a good moment with this movie, when yo understand the meaning of it, you´ll understand better your kids. Jose Vela jvela9@yahoo.com - I like more the meaning of the novel than the movie itself.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bysame69 February 24, 2010