All member reviews for Alice in Wonderland (2010)

All-new 3-D Alice story is trippy and intense.

Kid, 10 years old June 15, 2013

AWESOME beyond belief!

I don't know, but I saw this movie when I was seven or eight and absolutely looooooooooooooved it!!! Theres not really a lot of violence if you don't count the actual jabberwoky....
Kid, 11 years old April 11, 2013

Awesome Cast !!!

I think this is a great family film. It does contain a bit of violance. I loved the cast chosen for this film, especially Allan Rickman as Absolon, and Johnny Depp as the mad hatter. Because of the violance I woud think this film, is suitable for children eight and up to enjoy. Overall this is a great family film that everyone will love.
Adult Written byadvocatewhat'sright January 11, 2013

I actually liked it better than the original.

It was really good. The cartoon was never a favorite of mine as a child. But I enjoyed this version. I give it an 8.75/10. It's too bad that I couldn't select 4.5/5 stars. Because this is a solid movie. By the way 8.75 is also 3.5/4.
Kid, 11 years old January 11, 2013

My honest opinion.

It's a good movie, but I find that it would be hard for the younger ones to handle. There is quite some violence, and it's really hard to keep up with overall. It's not so much scary, as much unusual. It's awkward for younger kids to watch because it really makes no sense, but the up-side to it is good messages and role-models. But for parents, if you want to watch this as a family movie, I suggest the cartoon instead.
Kid, 11 years old September 3, 2012

fine

too much
Kid, 9 years old July 28, 2012

!!!

GOOD MOVIE BUT PAUSE 5 AND UNDER BECAUSE MY MOMS FRIENDS DAUHTER IS IT WHEN SHE WAS FIVE AND WAS SCARED
Kid, 11 years old July 1, 2012

The Best

This movie was he best, except that it was scary in 3D. Wonderful effects.
Educator and Parent Written bychristian-witness June 28, 2012

13+

Parent Written byoweing June 1, 2012

Very Creepy

very creepy - good, but if your child doesn't do well with creepy images. be prepared to be woken up at night with bad dreams.
Adult Written byFilmManiac May 14, 2012

Darker twist may be to scary for some kids, but wonderful take on classic tale

Kid, 8 years old April 28, 2012

It was fine

Now, I'm trying to remember this.. Ah, yes. My 6th birthday. As a celebration, my mom took me to the movies. To be honest, I wasn't sure about seeing this in the 1st place... But, she took me anyway. It was... good. Mad Hatter and Alice are good role models, but, at some scenes, I covered my eyes. And, the ending was sad, to me. I was in the bathroom at like, the end. I came back, and at the end, I was like "Meh, this was alright". But, the 1951 film was better. I recommend it for kids 10 and up. And, Johnny Depp rocked the house.
Kid, 10 years old February 8, 2012

Alice is back!!!!

A great movie although I would not let your younger kids see this movie. But I have a older sister and she thought it would be weird. But she was wrong it was awesome!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bypwopermuser February 6, 2012

Great Movie for Those who have a High Tolerance for Cringe-worthy Moments

I have to say that this movie is one of my favorites. Being already a Tim Burton fan, I have a hard say of the negatives of the movie. I admit, some parts made me cringe, like the part when Alice is very small and she hops across the severed heads, or when Mullyumpkin takes out the Bandersnatch's eye with a needle. It is very Tim Burton-y, so you can expect the gruesome moments. I really enjoyed this movie, along with the rest of my family. I have a 6 year old sister who adores this movie, and will ask to watch it all the time. I think that it depends on your child's maturity and resonse to blood and severed body parts. All in all, this movie, in my opinion, should have been rated PG-13.
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar February 4, 2012

A step up

I liked it better than the original animated version
Kid, 10 years old December 27, 2011

Amazing

There's a lot of violence in this movie and some really creepy looking creatures. There's also this one part where an overgrown Alice is naked behind some bushes, but other than that, it's one of the best movies I've ever seen.
Kid, 11 years old November 6, 2011

Have you ever noticed this?!?!

Well in the movie, you seen the hatter? and the mouse well in the movie remeber the dog monster or whatever that is.. um their was a part the mouse grabed his knife and stuck it in the monsters eyeball I think it was bad part of the movie
Teen, 14 years old Written byComedyKing November 3, 2011

Return to Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland was one of the successful movies of 2010. When I first found out about this film I expected it to be similar to 1950's version. But instead I got one the most terrifing experences of my life! I went to go see the movie in theaters with my parents and my brother but I didn't see it in 3D because I knew it was going to be too intense. There are alot of dark and terrifing moments such as the Jabborwalky burning down Wonderland, The JubJub bird's head getting crushed by a flying rock, the mote of severed head and the fearsome beast called the Bandersnatch that wants Alice dead. My favorite scene is at the end where Alice has her final battle with the Jabborwalky and actually beats him. All in all, it's a great movie. One thing I also like is how there is no bad language. Infact, I've never heard them as a single bad word to. If you're a fan of the 50's version or a fan of the novel then I recomend this movie to you. I just wish it could've been rated PG-13 instead of PG. This movie inspired me to make my own fantasy features. Check it out now. Just not if you're 11 years old and/or younger.
Kid, 12 years old October 18, 2011

optimus prime

it was a good movie and very scary images when the dragon come and the slay of the dragon was too violent for kids
Kid, 10 years old October 14, 2011

Great for Tweens

Tweens will love this movie! I know I did!
Teen, 15 years old Written byLaFontaine October 1, 2011

Scary, but really good!

The scenes with the Jabberwocky can be scary, as well as the Executioner's Scene.