All member reviews for Alice in Wonderland (2010)

All-new 3-D Alice story is trippy and intense.

Teen, 13 years old Written bystar97 November 24, 2010

Great Movie!

I liked this movie a lot, even though it was a little creepy. It wasn't too scary, though. My brother is 8 and easily scared, and he thought it was great! I liked the whole idea of Alice re-visiting wonderland when she's older, and thinking it's a dream. I actually liked this one better than the cartoon Disney one!
Teen, 14 years old Written byHTFMime November 20, 2010

I like the old one better.

I don't like this one because Johnny depp scares me, he looks like he is related to one of the characters from "The Nightmare before Christmas". I rather watch the old one because the new one kinda scares me. :-\
Teen, 13 years old Written byILoveReading765 November 19, 2010

for 7 and up

Alice is a person in this story that i look up to. see has to over come many challanges and she does this with out having much help. this is a movie for children but a few scenes that are iffy but other than that it is a great movie.
Adult Written bySarah Grace November 19, 2010

JUST READ MY REVIEW

There were some dramatic violence scenes. But the most disturbing things were #1 The belief that all things are possible WITHOUT God, which was the moral of the story. (Jesus said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.") Hence, there are things that are impossible for humans. But if it is God's will, no matter how impossible it sounds, it is NOT impossible. #2 The White Queen was a witch... like throwing things like fingers and spit in a pot and making Alice drink it as a potion, and # 3 At the end Alice drinks some of the Jabberwocky's blood in order to come back to the real world.
Kid, 10 years old November 12, 2010

Wierd but entertaining. Theres some creature violence and very intense and slightly scary fights with the weird creatures. The heads in a moat look like concreet shaped like heads.
Kid, 11 years old November 9, 2010

good for 13 and up

this movie should be rated pg 13 its has mouse stab this monsters eye out and the girl chopped off the dragons head off
Kid, 12 years old November 1, 2010

ok for 8 an up

very awesome special effects, with great action, okay for 8 year olds or anyone who isnt easily scared
Adult Written by2Simple October 30, 2010

Better than the animated version!

Excellent movie! So much fun that I saw it 3 times!!
Adult Written byMovieMan26 October 11, 2010

Not as enjoyable as I thought it would be...

This trippy, scary Alice update wasn't really that great, but that's just me. Just so you know, I am not a fan of Tim Burton, despite a few of his films, such as The Nightmare Before Christmas. Parents: There are several scary and wierd sequences involving monsters, murderers, and even a blood-and-head-filled moat. Bottom Line: Best find another film for the family to watch, and, yes, the rating is extremely specific because there is a smoking caterpillar. Thanks for reading! - Movie Man
Kid, 10 years old October 9, 2010

Perfect for 9 and up

Its a pretty good movie I guess. But it would be awesome if I seen it in 3D.
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe October 7, 2010

Amazing! By far my favorite portrayal of Alice in Wonderland. I thought that making Alice older and putting the twist into it brought the story to life in a uniquely brilliant way! Johnny Depp was, as always, one of the best characters. His Mad Hatter was unbeatable. Of the two queens I actually preferred The Red Queen. Even though she's 'the evil queen' I found her character much more likeable than Anne Hathaway's fairly creepy White Queen. Alice herself is a charming mix of disbelief and willingness to believe, although she's convinced herself it's all a dream. The scenes are beautiful and this is a masterfully put together movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEspumaMarina October 1, 2010

Gory, but very good!

It was pretty cool that the Mad Hatter was resiting the poem about the Jaberwaki from the book. They kept to the book pretty well, which I respect. It was really good, kept me interested, though a bit on the dark side (its directed by Tim Burton- nuff said) -which he did rather well. I like the backround stories of the characters, and the conflicts with the queens (sisters) You can't help but feel for the Red Queen a little (Helena Bonham Carter) But there are freaky scenes I HAD to turn away from, when the mouse cuts out the eye of a monster (poaks it with her sword) -what is with movies with Tim Burton and Johnny Depp that includes an eye to be popped out? And the moat of floating heads (that Alice hopped across, hence getting her foot stuck in a slimy mouth) -*gags* Any sexual refrences are at least 2 scenes, one when Alice's brother in'law passionally kisses another woman (shame!) and when Svane corners Alice (as Um) saying he likes "largeness" but she is discusted (I would be too..) Oh.. by the way, SPOILER ALERT. Also, the fight between Alice and the Jaborwakii got pretty gross, at the end me and the White Queen shared the same emotion, relief, and yuck. Over all, very good, and remotly funny. My mother laughed when the Red Queen shouted "Off with their heads!" -yes, she IS a good role model, isn't she? I can't comment if its better or worse than the first Alice in Wonderland because I love them both the same. Watch the movie, but I wouldn't suggest the soundtrack, some songs are good, but depressing. And one song meantioned Alice being trapped in Limbo to see how it truely feels (aka, that's one step up from Hell)
Parent of a 11 year old Written bychalbridge September 30, 2010

Sexual themes do'nt make Louis Carroll's writing authentic

I <333 this book and movie! The cast was great, the 3D was phenomenol, and of course the British (and Scottish) accents were fascinating. The only thing I did'nt have a taste for was the sexual maturity at some points. For example, the Mad Hatter trys to show his affection for the White Queen by doing the Futterwacken or the fact that Alice did'nt have any ciothes on at one point.
Kid, 11 years old September 22, 2010

Some violence

It was a little gross at some scenes. There was a scene where a mouse scooped an eye ball out of the beast thing, and it showed all of that scene, so it was creepy and grose.
Kid, 9 years old September 18, 2010

Good for mature kids

It has a little scary and weird fantasy but it's good.
Teen, 13 years old Written byshadow gal September 16, 2010

good or battle

its a good movie but with some chace sence and a huge battal at the end.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byLauraJF September 14, 2010

fun movie, possibly scary for sensitive kids

I really liked this movie, there were a couple of scenes (fights) where my daughter closed her eyes - thinking it might get too gross - happily it wasn't anything she couldn't handle, and a major injury "heals" before the movie ends
Adult Written bybandapanda September 2, 2010

Awesome movie

I thought is was a well made movie. I just think that kids under the age of thirteen shouldn't see it because some of the creatures may frighten them a bit if they are easily scared by odd creatures.
Kid, 10 years old August 28, 2010

good for anyone

this was amazing there wasnt anything innapropiate really well some mild violence of course but this was great it could scare some little kids though
Parent of a 11 and 15 year old Written bykmpixi August 22, 2010

Great movie, better than the animated version.

I loved it! I wasn't ever a huge fan of the animated version so I didn't think I would really care for this one either but I did. Some scenes/creatures may be a bit disturbing for young kids but the story and characters were great! Tim Burton was a great match to put a new spin on Alice in Wonderland.