All member reviews for Alice in Wonderland (2010)

All-new 3-D Alice story is trippy and intense.

Adult Written bybandapanda September 2, 2010

Awesome movie

I thought is was a well made movie. I just think that kids under the age of thirteen shouldn't see it because some of the creatures may frighten them a bit if they are easily scared by odd creatures.
Kid, 10 years old August 28, 2010

good for anyone

this was amazing there wasnt anything innapropiate really well some mild violence of course but this was great it could scare some little kids though
Parent of a 11 and 15 year old Written bykmpixi August 22, 2010

Great movie, better than the animated version.

I loved it! I wasn't ever a huge fan of the animated version so I didn't think I would really care for this one either but I did. Some scenes/creatures may be a bit disturbing for young kids but the story and characters were great! Tim Burton was a great match to put a new spin on Alice in Wonderland.
Parent of a 6, 10, and 15 year old Written byLittle Women August 21, 2010
Adult Written by4Spice August 20, 2010

a real classic

i watched this movie a dozen times and i still love jonny depp was great a good family movie 8 and over for very very mild action watch it it worth it
Teen, 14 years old Written byTotally500 August 14, 2010
Parents: Don't see this film. This is not a remake or the wonderland you grew up with. This is a dark story that kids won't see because of the violence. Don't see this film
Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 14, 2010
PG for mild violence.
Educator Written by21stCenturyTeacher August 11, 2010

A fairly tale turned zombies!!!

It was a great disappointment for me. Why did the main characters all have dark eye circles like zombies? Not recommended for kids younger than 13.
Parent of a 15 year old Written bysqueediebeebert August 2, 2010

GIRL POWER CONQUERS (and it's a beautiful thing for your girls!)

Alice is a brilliant role model for young tweens and teens. In the film she learns to have confidence in herself and her own decisions, despite family pressures and being unsure in a safe land. She has a strong sense of right and wrong, and holds herself accountable for making things right that she herself feels she had a role in when the situations "went wrong". Brilliant film, a little dark, but when compared to what's on tv and in video games these days, the strong role model messages ride triumphantly into the sunset!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bytangled July 30, 2010

OK if you're into fantasy movies

This movie is OK. The actors are all great, exspacialy Helena Bonham Carter as the red queen, Anne Hathaway as the white queen and Johnny Depp as the mad hatter, but little kids may find it a little too intense, I personally liked disney's animated version better...
Kid, 11 years old July 26, 2010
I love the original but I thought this was as great as the original. This was so great it makes avatar look like the last airbender. 7+
Teen, 14 years old Written bynickiminaj5 July 22, 2010
Very good movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byearthgurl July 21, 2010

Okay.

I like the old one better. This one is WAAY too dark for Alice in Wonderland.
Kid, 10 years old July 20, 2010
I am a tween and I watched this movie. I went to see it in 3-D and some parts I have to cover my eyes. But it's just because of the 3-D. But when Alice kills the dragon and then the head is off, it might be disturbing to younger children.
Parent Written byMrBoo July 18, 2010
cha ra j!
Parent of a 9, 11, 12, and 15 year old Written byGLRRDR July 12, 2010

PERFECT FOR TEENS

GREAT MOVIE,ONLY CONCERN, THE QUEENS ATTITUDE! :(
Kid, 10 years old July 11, 2010

11+

a good family movie but some mild intense violence including a creatures eye is taken out(brief) its later seen a few times. the bad queen is very violent she beheads nearly evrybody but no one is beheaded on screen. some scenes may scare younger viewers. some other violent scenes
Kid, 7 years old July 9, 2010
Kid, 11 years old July 4, 2010

1:00a.m.

I saw Alice in Wonderland at 1;00am, LOL! 19 yr old Alice goes back to Underland (Wonderland as she called it when she was 6) and has to defeat the Jabberwocky. a LOT of violence like slitting head off and popping eye out with swords...Little kids wwould be grossed out and cry, LOL! Because of all the violence, I recommend this movie for Tweens ages 11+
Teen, 13 years old Written bytimmphy do July 2, 2010
this movie in 3-d is intense and trippy!!!!!!!!