All member reviews for Alice in Wonderland (2010)

All-new 3-D Alice story is trippy and intense.

Kid, 12 years old July 1, 2010

Good

This movie is very good. The beginning is a little slow and irreverent but I'm willing to let that slide. The whole sequence in Wonderland is great! The effects and the acting, everything! Once she gets out of Wonderland the movie becomes a little "Hallmark-ish" so I think it could've ended a little better too.
Kid, 9 years old July 1, 2010

good movie

Teen, 14 years old Written byOldBob13 June 30, 2010

Poor adaptation/remake is trite and pointless; Tim Burton, please stop!

I absolutley dreaded seeing Alice in Wonderland (2009). But once it came out on DVD, I decided to rent it, try it out. Suffice to say, it was as bad, if not worse than I expected. The story is about Alice returning to Wonderland in real life, not in dream. She finds out she is the only one to overthrow the Red Queen and defeat the heinous Jabberwocky. The storyline, which is pure Burton, is stupid, brainless, and witless. The special effects are cool enough, but they merely distract us from the rest of this mess. Everyone is making a big stink about Alice being a strong female character. That's true, but truthfully, who cares when you have a bunch of paper-thin characters. And you can't forget about the abysmal script. Just skip this poor-at-best disappointment at all costs! Content issues: some gross-out violence (cut-off heads are at the forfront), a smoking caterpillar, and some h-words. OK for older kids. D+.
Kid, 10 years old June 29, 2010

Kids over 8 are fine

Amazing movie! Alot of mild violence, and if ur 8,9, or 10 year old wants a movie with a little violence, but u don't want it to go to far then this movie is perfect.
Parent of a 9 and 16 year old Written byhappy egg June 28, 2010

perfect for kids!

I LOVE IT !
Kid, 9 years old June 26, 2010

not good for tweens or teens but kids from 9-15 might like ir better

I liked the movie and i watched it in 3d and it was the greatest movie i ever watched!! My 21 yr old cousin watched it with me and said it was ok.
Kid, 12 years old June 26, 2010

I thought this movie was very well done. It was thrilling, it had a bit of humor, and it had very good special effects. It wasnt what I expected, though. It most definitely isnt the old, animated Disney movie Alice in Wonderland. It has many twistss and turns, etc. The actors were very good, and they suited their characters perfectly. The Mad Hatters accent was sometimes hard to understand, but otherwise he was very well done. Watchig the movie in 2-D was very good, and I think it probably would reduce the scariness for younger kids a bit more. Now, as for violence, it wasnt too bad. In one scene, a moonsters eye is pulled out, (It is quick, and there is no blod, etc) but it still kind of makes you wince. Alice is slashed by a monster, and a monster is decapitated, and Alice has to drink its blood. Otherwise, Alice is a great role model, and knows what she wants. I would recommend this movie to kids older than 10.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNorthernNights June 25, 2010

I'm in love with the movie, but dont let kids younger than 8 watch it

I truely loved it! Although some of the violence scenes caught be a little off-gaurd, it didn't really affect me. Then again I'm 14, for little kids I would recomend 8 and up. Its pretty dark, but not bad once you put the puzzle pieces together. I'll list some things I thought were pretty good messages (for the most part) The Mad Hatter is a really loyal friend to Alice and Alice is a loyal friend back, they defended eachother in times of danger. Alice is independent and expresses herself, which is something people shouldn't be afraid of doing. The White Queen was afraid she would loose control like her sister did with the killing so she made a personal vow to not harm any living creature. ( I forgot the rest consittering its 11:19pm and I'm tired ) Anyway, watch the movie, its great, gotta love it. *AGAIN* For 8+
Teen, 13 years old Written bypercyjacksonroxmysox June 25, 2010

The Best Movie Ever!

I absolutely loved this movie! Though it is a little intense and scary at parts, it all plays out well in the end. The CG is really good, though some things are really obviously fake. The only concern I'd have for younger children is that Stayne is a little bit sexual.
Kid, 9 years old June 25, 2010

KINDA SCARY

Ummmm its kinda scary
Kid, 11 years old June 21, 2010

Excellent movie! Worth the money.

This movie is great. It has a bit of violence and sexual behavior, but it's not that noticable. I loved this movie. Great for everyone.
Kid, 11 years old June 18, 2010

Hey, my 5 year old brother loves it. Might I say more? He hates Kung Fu Panda, so this is pretty amazing. He is actually pretty sensitive but completly fine with a part where a mouse gets the Bandersnatches eye out with a needle, so I think Its fine for 6 and up.
Kid, 8 years old June 17, 2010

fine for nine year olds

i think the movie was great!! i liked it allot the characters were great
Parent of a 9 and 15 year old Written byweplayd2day June 16, 2010

Beautifully made movie for kids and adults alike. I am surprised by the yellow 10 rating for kids, as I am very consciencious of what my children see, and this I believe would be a good fit for a green 8 and older rating. Teen boys may not appreciate the movie though.
Parent of a 7 and 7 year old Written byjoannaguerra June 15, 2010

Great picture, but older than 8 is probably best.

Tim Burton is an acquired taste for the younger sect. My kids happen to love it. There were a few topics I wasn't really expecting to have to discuss with my kiddos, but found ourselves doing so throughout the film. We did have to speak to Alice's pallid appearance and the insinuation that she was very ill and, therefore, hallucinating, and what that all means. We also had to talk about arranged marriages (of sort) and societal expectations. And we had to talk about madness/insanity/being a little off kilter, and why that's ok or not ok depending upon the person and the situation and the extent. But there were a ton of great lessons about personal strength, loyalty, friendship, love, sibling rivalry, trust, forgiveness. Overall, though, unless your children are over 11, I would plan on incorporating lots of stop and start time in order to properly explain scenes or language. The characters, it should be noted, were endearing, memorable, and worthy of both Lewis Carroll and Tim Burton.
Kid, 11 years old June 14, 2010

That's a very freaky movie
Kid, 9 years old June 13, 2010

Its pretty scary for 8 yr olds

Well any body can say idot but there is something that is not comfturbale to watch its that the red queens love is about to kiss alice also there is a battle with a scary dragon that gets killed
Teen, 15 years old Written bynewlife June 12, 2010

Alice in wonderland

it was quit hard to understand. I didn't really get the message. There was a lot of scenes where the people were killing and hurting each other.
Kid, 10 years old June 11, 2010

Okay Movie

It was okay because there was some slow parts. There were some gross and a little violent parts. It was funny, but there was barely any funny moments. I liked the parts that were action.There was some interesting parts. The movie was okay.
Teen, 13 years old Written byshojofreak220 June 11, 2010

LOVE IT!!!!

I saw this movie yesterday and LOVED it! Alice is the best Tim Burton I've seen, even better than the Corpse Bride! And to anyone who says this is too violent, I say this is WAY less violent than Edward Scissorhands, which wasn't too scary either. IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS MOVIE SEE IT NOW!!!!!!