All member reviews for Alice in Wonderland (2010)

All-new 3-D Alice story is trippy and intense.

Adult Written byCoffeeTable June 7, 2010

Terrifying for tweens, Great movie!

I LOVED this movie. I think it should be taught as a film study in school with all the main character in the real world having a place in Underworld. The colour changing with the different tones, the split personality of the Mad Hatter, The idea of the red and white queen and their different reigns, the small references back to the Disney movie and the book itself. Everything is this movie was placed, coloured, accented, added for a Reason! That being said it is Violent and Terrifying for anyone under 13. I was quite surprised (but I loved) in the direction that it took as Alice is 19 and off to be married. The story is about finding yourself, making your own decisions and facing up to what you have to do instead of running away. The whole Point of the caterpillar is trying to find comfort in who you are and not letting other people tell you who you Think you are. As most of the reviews on here are from the younger audience I think the reason they hated it, is because they didn’t understand it. And that is why I give it a rating of 15 and above. It also references a lot of the 2 books and the Disney version of Alice in Wonderland which is where it gets most of its laughter. So if you didn’t read/see the previous items you will not hear/see the humor.
Kid, 10 years old June 7, 2010

l loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the queen was quite bloodthirsty and was always yelling "off with your heads." it was inappropriate at the beginning when he kissed her but that was little. when alice grew large it was kinda weird when she lost all her cloths, but she was behind a bush so it was not inappropriate. wonderful movie!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. love tim burton !!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bytom the pom June 7, 2010

i think this movie ruined the story of alice in wonderland. it has a completely different story line and is hard to follow aswell. i think it has some suprisingly inapropriate scenes like cutting off dragons head, and mouse poking out a monsters eye ball on a stick, and heds in the river. i didnt think of this movie as violent. i just found it suprisingly violent for a kids movie
Adult Written byDr.Pepper June 6, 2010

Not for the little ones

This movie had many intense and frightening scenes including a creature getting its head chopped off and another getting its eye gorged out.
Educator and Parent of a 10 year old Written bywillowfaierie June 6, 2010

The violence!

I will NOT LET MY KID WATCH IT!!!
Parent of a 10 year old Written byKrisSurvej June 6, 2010

Amazing

It was amazing,me and my son liked the movie
Teen, 15 years old Written byIsItgoodORnot June 5, 2010

Alice in Wonderland has gone Dark.

When you return to wonderland, you will find that it's a bit more darker than it used to be. Some things from the movie may require you to the original Disney classic.
Kid, 11 years old June 5, 2010

love it
Kid, 9 years old June 5, 2010

boringboringboringboringboringneverseeit

I was bored to DEATH when I saw that movie. There is not ONE good thing about that movie. I suggest that you never see that movie in your entire lifetime. It is just a humungous waste of time P.S. I absolutely hated it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent Written bychima45 June 5, 2010

I watched it.

I love it!
Teen, 16 years old Written bybrookiepoo June 5, 2010

all ages more up ages

im 12 and i thought it was kinda boring for the action parts i thought it was good
Teen, 17 years old Written bykatamaris4ever June 4, 2010

A Trippy Movie that's overall average

I have to say, there were some parts in the movie that did not make sense. The colors also sort of confused me, as they sort of clashed throughout the movie. For the characters, some of them may be creepy (*cough Mad Hatter *cough) but for the most part, the ragtag resistance shows that good always prevails. There are some scenes that are too questionable for a kids movie (I still can't believe that Absolem is allowed to smoke in the original version AND the remake), and the motifs in the film are somewhat adult in nature, but it's still worth a rental.
Teen, 13 years old Written by4kidshater June 4, 2010

Better than the animated version

This is a great movie. It has lots of visual effects and great messages. It has action. i like it. I highly recommeded it.
Kid, 8 years old June 3, 2010

great but sometimes gross movie 5 stars i think there could be sequel coming

i absouletely LOVE this movie. i got it from a redbox which is a REDBOX where you can get movies for a dollar a night.anyway back to the review two gross things were a woman breasts were like a foot long, and the hatter seemed to be hitting on alice. other than that i absolutely LOVE this great film which i need to say it is half remake half new.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJemmy June 2, 2010

I absolutley adore this film, and it is now my favorite movie. My mother took me and four of my friends to see this in the movie theaters the day after it came out. I would have liked to see it in 3D, but 2D was still spectacular. My mom also enjoyed the film and persuaded the rest of my family to see it. They saw it the next day and loved it, obviously. What's not to love? This film puts a twist on the classic tale and is basically a remake of the original Disney animated version, which I thought was absurd. I love Johnny Depp, Tim Burton, and Helena Bonham Carter, and this movie rocked with all of them, although it's the Red Queen (Carter) that steals the show. This movie has positive messages: believe in yourself, never give up, pay no heed to other people and what they say about you. Do what you want to do in life, and nothing that you believe is impossible. Also, the new song 'Underground" by Avril Lavigne that played at the end credits was great. You can watch it on Youtube. Danny Elfman was once agan magnificent with his music, and the set and costumes were superb. This is a great fantasy-family adventure that is on DVD just in time for summer! My only complaint is the violence. Only one or two scenes made me feel queasy: The scene where the Doormouse sticks his pin into the Bandersnatch and pokes his eyeball out, and the scenes where severed heads of the victims of the Red Queen are shown floating in the moat. Other than that, this movie was glorious, magnificent, and fantastical. SEE THIS MOVIE! I heartily reccomend it.
Parent of an infant, 5, and 7 year old Written byRationale June 2, 2010

Alice falls flat -- The visual spectacle won't keep kids from being bored.

Personally I felt the movie fell flat. Visually it's very Burton beautiful, but for a story, and cohesive movie it was boring. Kids may like it, but I don't see how they wouldn't be bored either. Sure some of scenes may be scary for sensitive viewers, but really I didn't see anything that I think my kids would have trouble with. The movie has no energy to it, no matter how much the Queen screams. It's just random scenes strung together with a pointless Hatter backstory, and an unneeded "woman lib" character arc for Alice. Maybe if Burton had a better script it could've been a real spectacle.
Kid, 11 years old June 1, 2010

Amazing!

this movie was amazing! There were a few disturbing parts, like when an animal's eye popped out, and when a dragon's head was chopped off. Otherwise, great!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bybobbeta30 June 1, 2010

The eyeball thing was gross. That's about it.
Kid, 10 years old May 31, 2010

Alice in Underland...

Language - British Spoken Bad Words Bad/Good Role Models - Queen of Hearts (bad), Alice (good), Drinking, Drugs, Smoking - The caterpillar smokes WATCH THIS MOVIE!!
Adult Written bycrackerjack5 May 30, 2010

A wonderful movie for adults, teens, and kids!

This is a magical retelling of Alice in Wonderland, and although there might be complaints that it doesn't follow the book exactly, it's still a wonderful and fresh story. The acting is great, and the characters are very funny. I would definitely recommend this movie for the whole family.