All member reviews for Alice in Wonderland (2010)

All-new 3-D Alice story is trippy and intense.

Teen, 15 years old Written bynewlife June 12, 2010

Alice in wonderland

it was quit hard to understand. I didn't really get the message. There was a lot of scenes where the people were killing and hurting each other.
Kid, 10 years old June 11, 2010

Okay Movie

It was okay because there was some slow parts. There were some gross and a little violent parts. It was funny, but there was barely any funny moments. I liked the parts that were action.There was some interesting parts. The movie was okay.
Teen, 13 years old Written byshojofreak220 June 11, 2010

LOVE IT!!!!

I saw this movie yesterday and LOVED it! Alice is the best Tim Burton I've seen, even better than the Corpse Bride! And to anyone who says this is too violent, I say this is WAY less violent than Edward Scissorhands, which wasn't too scary either. IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS MOVIE SEE IT NOW!!!!!!
Parent of a 6, 8, and 11 year old Written bybdnorto June 11, 2010

OK if your kids understand fantasy violence

Kid, 11 years old June 10, 2010

this is great movie for all ages

this is a really good movie i love it i can watch it over and over again
Kid, 11 years old June 8, 2010

I Loved It

I Rented IT from netflix and loved it
Adult Written byCoffeeTable June 7, 2010

Terrifying for tweens, Great movie!

I LOVED this movie. I think it should be taught as a film study in school with all the main character in the real world having a place in Underworld. The colour changing with the different tones, the split personality of the Mad Hatter, The idea of the red and white queen and their different reigns, the small references back to the Disney movie and the book itself. Everything is this movie was placed, coloured, accented, added for a Reason! That being said it is Violent and Terrifying for anyone under 13. I was quite surprised (but I loved) in the direction that it took as Alice is 19 and off to be married. The story is about finding yourself, making your own decisions and facing up to what you have to do instead of running away. The whole Point of the caterpillar is trying to find comfort in who you are and not letting other people tell you who you Think you are. As most of the reviews on here are from the younger audience I think the reason they hated it, is because they didn’t understand it. And that is why I give it a rating of 15 and above. It also references a lot of the 2 books and the Disney version of Alice in Wonderland which is where it gets most of its laughter. So if you didn’t read/see the previous items you will not hear/see the humor.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytimmphy do June 7, 2010
l loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the queen was quite bloodthirsty and was always yelling "off with your heads." it was inappropriate at the beginning when he kissed her but that was little. when alice grew large it was kinda weird when she lost all her cloths, but she was behind a bush so it was not inappropriate. wonderful movie!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. love tim burton !!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bytom the pom June 7, 2010
i think this movie ruined the story of alice in wonderland. it has a completely different story line and is hard to follow aswell. i think it has some suprisingly inapropriate scenes like cutting off dragons head, and mouse poking out a monsters eye ball on a stick, and heds in the river. i didnt think of this movie as violent. i just found it suprisingly violent for a kids movie
Adult Written byDr.Pepper June 6, 2010

Not for the little ones

This movie had many intense and frightening scenes including a creature getting its head chopped off and another getting its eye gorged out.
Educator and Parent of a 10 year old Written bywillowfaierie June 6, 2010

The violence!

I will NOT LET MY KID WATCH IT!!!
Parent of a 10 year old Written byKrisSurvej June 6, 2010

Amazing

It was amazing,me and my son liked the movie
Teen, 15 years old Written byIsItgoodORnot June 5, 2010

Alice in Wonderland has gone Dark.

When you return to wonderland, you will find that it's a bit more darker than it used to be. Some things from the movie may require you to the original Disney classic.
Kid, 11 years old June 5, 2010
love it
Kid, 9 years old June 5, 2010

boringboringboringboringboringneverseeit

I was bored to DEATH when I saw that movie. There is not ONE good thing about that movie. I suggest that you never see that movie in your entire lifetime. It is just a humungous waste of time P.S. I absolutely hated it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent Written bychima45 June 5, 2010

I watched it.

I love it!
Teen, 16 years old Written bybrookiepoo June 5, 2010

all ages more up ages

im 12 and i thought it was kinda boring for the action parts i thought it was good
Teen, 17 years old Written bykatamaris4ever June 4, 2010

A Trippy Movie that's overall average

I have to say, there were some parts in the movie that did not make sense. The colors also sort of confused me, as they sort of clashed throughout the movie. For the characters, some of them may be creepy (*cough Mad Hatter *cough) but for the most part, the ragtag resistance shows that good always prevails. There are some scenes that are too questionable for a kids movie (I still can't believe that Absolem is allowed to smoke in the original version AND the remake), and the motifs in the film are somewhat adult in nature, but it's still worth a rental.
Teen, 13 years old Written by4kidshater June 4, 2010

Better than the animated version

This is a great movie. It has lots of visual effects and great messages. It has action. i like it. I highly recommeded it.
Kid, 8 years old June 3, 2010

great but sometimes gross movie 5 stars i think there could be sequel coming

i absouletely LOVE this movie. i got it from a redbox which is a REDBOX where you can get movies for a dollar a night.anyway back to the review two gross things were a woman breasts were like a foot long, and the hatter seemed to be hitting on alice. other than that i absolutely LOVE this great film which i need to say it is half remake half new.