All member reviews for Alice Upside Down

New-girl story with appealing Disney cast.

Parent of a 8 year old Written bykwajkid1 September 18, 2010

Serious issues regarding death of parent -- not sleepover material

We chose this movie for a sleepover, not the best setting for watching it! I was unprepared for how heavily the movie deals with issues relating to Alice's mother's death 6 years ago. Issues are handled in an age-appropriate manner, but I was not expecting to encounter them. My daughter said "this is a sad movie" and snuggled with me much more than usual -- as she is 9, I guess I will take y snuggles when I get them ...
Teen, 13 years old Written bytangled July 30, 2010

The only reason I added the extra star is because I LOVE the songs. When I watched it I kept on fast-forwarding it just so I could watch the auditon for the school play.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAlinaW. March 19, 2010

The movie was good, but the book was BETTER . . .

Although this movie was based on the series "Alice" by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor, I honestly thought the book was MUCH better. The movie was good of course, but I didn't enjoy it as much as a 14 year old then I would have reading the book again. The Disney cast was well known, but not who I "imagined" while reading the book, so that was kind of a let down. I'd definetly reccomend the books to anyone who has seen this movie, would like to see this movie, or thinks this movie could have had a "little bit more" in the way of plot line, because the book definetly makes up for it! I'd also reccomend the Alice pre-quels to anyone age 9 and up!
Teen, 13 years old Written byvrumayo90210 April 9, 2008

THEY RUINED THE BOOK!

This is the stupidest movie in the world! I have read the whole Alice series and this is nothing like it!! This is the worst adaptation from a book to a movie! Read the books! Don't watch the movie, it's nothing like it!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bypinkzebra97 August 27, 2011

Another Disney Movie

It's a fluffy disney star movie about a girl who has big dreams (: Okay for anyone eight and up, I didnt find much wrong with it at all!
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe October 7, 2010

Fans of Disney will recognize many of the people in the film. Fans of the book series might enjoy this movie version although the books were, I think, far better. The death of Alice's mother is a heavy topic throughout the movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykehsnickers September 5, 2010

Great Movie!

The movie is great! Build-a-bears are heavily featured, though it was filmed in Saint Louis. Alice sets an overall good role model for girls as she overcomes some rough times and learns some important lessons.
Kid, 11 years old September 15, 2013

Amazing

A great film. Watched last night with friends. I'd recommend it to other friends
Kid, 11 years old July 8, 2013

Wow...Made Me Feel SO Much Better About My Life

Sure, everything turned out OK in the movie,but man is this movie depressing or what? All these bad things happen to Alice,it almost made me cry. This movie has some harsh themes,so it's a little hard to watch.
Adult Written byJanvierRain March 7, 2013

Moments.

This movie had its moments- moments where I thought it was flowing really nicely, and becoming interesting, and then being with moments when I thought it was extremely cheesy and odd. It was slightly predictable, but it got its point across pretty well, I feel. If it weren't for Alyson Stoner staring in this movie- I probably wouldn't have watched it (I'm biased because she's Isabella...I mean, come on!) :P Anyway, it was slightly funny, and just a mediocre production that I'll probably forget about it two weeks.
Kid, 11 years old February 22, 2011

Not bad

Nothing wrong with it! I Love it
Kid, 10 years old July 2, 2009

Why do you have to wait till you're 8 to see this?

This movie was...incredibly stupid. I'm not a big fan of any of the stars in it and it wasn't really funny as I expected it to be. Was this a Disney movie? One thing is that the parents share a 'passionate' kiss. Otherwise, this movie is totally appropriate.
Kid, 11 years old January 28, 2009

Good

Not the best movie, but interesting. I enjoyed, but i'm not picky. May appeal to little girls because of alyson stoner and Lucas grabeel. 9+ P.s wow, i just sounded a freakish amount like those brief kid reviewers on here whos reviews i hate to read. I will never do that again.