Kid reviews for Alien Resurrection

Grotesque carnage, vile characters; steer clear.

Teen, 16 years old Written byLogs2468 December 27, 2018

Fourth instalment isn't as good as the first two, but better than the third...

Alien Resurrection is definitely an improvement from Alien 3, but isn't at the level of the first two. Alien Resurrection has violence, people are dragged and attacked by aliens, people are shot, burned with acid, etc. There is one scene with nudity where a clone of the main character is in pain, shirtless, and you can see her full upper body. There is also a lot of language, which is a pattern in this series. Overall fine for mature tweens and teens who can handle violence.

Teen, 13 years old Written byzion2005 September 23, 2018
This movie may not be nearly as good as the original Alien, but it's still very enjoyable.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheFilmFanatic July 16, 2018

Jeunet's Sequel Lacks The Suspense And Scares

After my viewing of "Alien³ '" I thought that the franchise couldn't get any worse. The previous movie ended with Ellen Ripley dying, albeit a bad ending, it felt like an actual ending to the series. Now that I have recently watched "Alien: Resurrection ," I am glad that Ridley Scott ended up directing the prequel, " Prometheus. " As unnecessary as this movie was, now I am here to review the overall movie and talk about it's contents. The movie starts by getting right to the overall idea of the movie. You watch as Ellen is being reported in a chamber and you instantly can tell where the movie is going. Franchises like "Friday the 13th", "Halloween", and "A Nightmare on Elm Street" have already done this concept to death. It's the famous revival story that every horror movie eventually becomes. After Ellen's rebirth, you realize that she isn't acting normally. Right into the violence territory the movie goes. Ellen's DNA fused with some of a Xenomorph's creates a creature you don't want to mess with. Ellen beats up some of the people aboard the ship. Throughout the movie, there are multiple scenes of graphic violence. Both humans and Xenomorphs are killed off in some of the most disgusting ways. One guy gets a piece of his head ripped off and he shows it to the screen. Another death involves a man having his chest burst open. Other than those scenes most of the deaths are off-screen. Another gross scene shows a bunch of test tubes filled with people that got their DNA mixed up with a Xenomorph. A few of the people in the test tubes are shown nude. Ellen's mutated breast can easily be seen in a shot for a little while. A couple other scenes of sexual tension play throughout the movie. In another scene towards the end two men are shown kissing, and it's gross because one of them is presumed to be dead. Other than the graphic violence and the sexual nature of the movie, is the moderate amount of language. There are multiple uses of the words f--k, sh-t, -ss, and godd-mn throughout the movie. The one thing that I can say that I actually like about this movie is how all the language, sex, and violence seems to be toned down a bit. Despite that nice tone change I was actually surprised by how much the movie had failed. The whole movie had a stellar cast, interesting concept, and a soon-to-be great director. It was really a shame at how bad the movie was. The movie felt rushed, and in the end was worse than the previous movie in the franchise. I give this movie a one and a half star rating, which still rounds up to two stars. Despite the garbage that this movie gave everybody, I am still looking forward to the next movie where Ridley Scott is back as the director. This movie may have been able to revive Ellen Ripley, but it hasn't been able to revive my love for the franchise yet.

Teen, 15 years old Written byIlovemovies. July 14, 2012

Sad excuse for a movie, not for anybody.

This movie is dreadfully gory, gallons of blood and so many gross and pointless scenes that should be in a NC-17 movie.

Kid, 9 years old June 11, 2012

disapointing

This one is a not great sequel but it was ok VERY DISAPOINTING but it is a alien film still good I don't really recomand this for kids cause this one is the most bloody alien film watch this before letting your kids watching it

Kid, 12 years old June 11, 2012

Loaded with gore

My MPAA rating: R for gore, language and partial nudity. Sex/ nudity- 4/10- In the beginning of the movie a woman has no clothes on and you can see outlines of her breast. Also in one scene a woman is with a man in bed wearing nothing but panties. Then the screen goes blank, it was obvious that they had sex. Violence/ gore- 9/10- Aliens fight in a capsule and they tear each others guts out. Then a man goes inside to investigate and an alien locks him in the capsule and his arm falls off due to frostbite. When people try to escape by going in a capsule, an alien jumps in at the last minute. You can hear people screaming. Later in the movie they go into a room . People are seen with stomachs torn open.In the same room they see a woman with an inflated stomach. Later she burns her. Can be considered disturbing.Finally, near the end blood bursts out of a mans mouth. Then he fights with someone. A creature bursts out of his chest and goes through the other persons' head. Language- 5/10- a couple uses of "d**m and s**t On my opinion, most older teens can handle it.

Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. February 10, 2012

I can't put it in words how gory this movie is.

Its pretty sad to see such a great franchise(third movie not included) end up here. Whatever sickminded freak made this train wreck needs to know this movie is down right gross, even worse than the third movie. There is no reason for parent to let there kid see this movie. Charecters crushed (and theres brain shown), guts are ripped out, get torn apart, shot, cremated, gallons of blood spraying everywhere. The first two were the best and yes had violence, but it wasn't just violence for entertainments sake! theres no word that I can say for how much gore this film uses so i agree with Tsion on this one. My dad let me watch this when I was 8, and I had nightmares for 2 years. Don't watch this movie!!!!!!!!!

Kid, 11 years old November 12, 2011

gory

this is an amazing movie . its on of my favorites.CAUTION not for yong kinds at all. it has alot of sex,language,and most of all VIOLINCE

Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn September 5, 2011

Nothing but gore and guts

While I even like the often hated-upon Alien3,I don't really care much for the fourth and last installment in the series, Alien: Resurrection. This time, the one strong character that kept everything from completely going crazy has gone crazy herself. Ripley is now a clone in a long line of previous clones, and is practically nothing but a savage freak of nature (not to flattering for Sigourney Weaver when you think about it). This last installment is also the most disturbing, gruesome and brutal in terms for violence. The profanity is toned down a lot more than the previous installment, but the violence is not. Also, the ending scene where that one last alien is pulled through that one window in the space ship is probably on of the goriest death scenes for a creature that I have ever scene in a movie

Kid, 11 years old December 9, 2010