All member reviews for Alien

Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviewatcherII October 12, 2014

slow movie

This is a fairly violent movie with characters being killed by an alien, and a creature bursting out of someones chest. There are uses of b!tch, sh!t, and fu©k. There are posters of womens bare breasts. When a women is about to sleep, she is in her underwear, and the top of her uncovered buttocks are shown.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheMarine October 11, 2014

Alien

First off the only reason it's r is because pg-13 wasn't invented. Know what your kid is afraid of. It is about a alien killing people on a ship. It's not scary to me, but I'm 13. Some swearing, tons of killing, and a malevolent alien besides that it's a great movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJonnoWeb August 23, 2014

Terrific sci-fi movie

I only saw this movie recently at home and I loved it. It is not as scary as people say it is because the bits that are said to be scary like the Chestburster scene and Ian Holm's head exploding (he is a robot so no blood is showing) I found unintentionally funny. If you show anyone under the age of 12, make sure that you know they're mature enough to handle it. Even though back then it got an R, I'd say now would be PG-13.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAzulDemonio July 26, 2014

Revolutionary Piece Of Cinema, But Ultimately A Horror Film

What can be expected from an 18 rated film? Alien, whilst one of the greatest films to have ever been created, features dark and horrific images of violence, rape, fear and isolation. It brings people down to their core phobias, and uses subliminal messages to really get to viewers. Almost every scene after the first act is chilling, and toward the end of the film the fear factor really hits high. For almost anyone under the age of 13 this film is completely inappropriate, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else within my own or slightly above my age range unless you have the maturity to handle and process such themes. For movie-goers its a must-see, but wait until you're ready.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykarategirl1024 June 17, 2014

Very good movie, gets a good rep

There is something about the beginning of this movie that makes it suspenseful even before any action happens. If you grew up in a regular town nd home, chances are you have heard of this movie. It has actually had the title "Scariest movie of all time" which is correct to a certain degree, because for its time, it was indeed extremely scary. No sex or nudity, violence is strong as the first event that happens with the alien is the alien comes out of an egg on of the astronauts finds an latches onto his face for awhile. The second thing that happens is tha later on in the movie, the alien unlatches from the astronauts face and all seems well...until later, while eating dinner, the astronaut starts coughing and collapses on the table. Then the alien bursts out of his chest looking like a little baby alien. Then it runs off into the ship to grow to a full sized lethal alien. The rest of the movie is filled with suspense and action, with everyone dying except one astronaut. Keeps the action until (literally) the very end of the movie. The alien is disturbing to look at, though.
Kid, 7 years old June 13, 2014

Scary... I Hate It! But a good movie

I watched a little of this movie and couldn't finish it because it was just too scary. I want to see it again and to the end, when I'm a little older but. I recommend the same unless you can handle blood, guts, & scary moments, wait until at least your teens to watch it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytaylorpenny December 28, 2013

Problems With Language Or Blood? Steer Clear.

I first watched this when I was twelve, and I wasn't scared at all. Parents should know that this incredible movie features a strong female lead, and violence is present at all times. Mainly, the scariness is fueled by tension, and you can see the alien's (or "xenomorph's") tail before he attacks anyone. There are a couple scenes with lots of blood, and these can be pretty scary. There is quite a bit of language. At the end, Ripley is seen in her underwear, however this is not meant to be sexual or erotic.
Teen, 13 years old Written byStellalovesbas November 29, 2013

For young teenagers and up

This movie was not as scary as I thought it would have been. I am a teenage girl but I love watching these movies with my dad. I was scared throughout the movie but afterwards I was fine. Kids who get scared easily should not watch this. The only gross bit was when the baby alien popped out of the guys stomach, it wasn't that gross as you didn't see any guts coming out, you only saw his stomach moving then the alien came out. Overall a good movie
Teen, 14 years old Written byMetalman173 November 5, 2013

terrifying

the scariest part is the suspence
Kid, 10 years old October 14, 2013

Scary Movie

Its a scary movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byGreat gatsby August 6, 2013

Not THAT bad

A tad bit scary but not much at all can be a tiny bit violent also not really THAT bad
Kid, 12 years old July 18, 2013

Pretty creepy even for 1979 graphics

Really creepy, really suspenseful, and really violent. Most of the deaths were on screen and very graphic. I hand it to them, it looked pretty realistic for that old of a movie. Not for 10 and under. Every one else fine. I highly recommend this scary movie.
Kid, 10 years old May 22, 2013

IN SPACE NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM

a fantastic horror film that really scares saw this when I was 9 terrified. I just kept telling myself I wasn't in space
Teen, 14 years old Written byfast101 May 10, 2013

The True Start of the Science Fiction Horror Genre!

First off, this movie is a classic! But before you watch it, you gotta know yourself. If you think you can't handle a scene or two of blood/gore, you might wanna wait. This movie is great, but it's got some bad language (About five uses of the F word and some other brief uses of milder words.) and some intense and scary scenes. But the main issue you'll find here is the violence. I'd recommend this everyone 14 & up to watch this if your viewing alone. 13-year old kids should watch this with parent, but no one under should see it due to it's intense violence. Like the title of my review says, this is the true start of the science fiction horror genre!
Kid, 9 years old April 2, 2013

Rating

Toward the end of the movie a woman does get in her underwear. To get in a pod to go back to earth. In the movie a ALIEN pops out of a guys chest. Very intense for kids. It can be very INapropiate for kids, I was nine watching the show and it freaked me out so much. Please do not let your younger kids watch this.
Teen, 17 years old Written byYour_God April 2, 2013

Unn . . . I will give it half n' half

In alien, there are some crude scenes. In one, an alien pops of of a guys chest. In one scene, there are pictures of nude women, breast and all.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJess17 March 31, 2013

Slow to start but worth the wait

Amazing classic sci-fi film but i wouldn't class it as a horror. the infamous 'scary' chest scene is not up to scratch to the realism of todays movies and therefore i feel kids will more likely laugh than scream. considering the new 'pretty much a remake' Prometheus is a 15 and is ten times as jumping and gory, alien is a fantastic movie but is no longer a scare. Kids probably would get bored at the VERY slow start and therefore not the best film but the alien itself still seems realistic at times which is testament to the amazing special effects at the time. There is also the strong female star who is a positive role model in the story. MUCH better than the newer 'remake' and a brilliant watch.
Kid, 12 years old March 7, 2013

A Movie I'll See When I'm Older

I'll see this when I'm older, but if it's too scary, I won't see the sequels.
Kid, 11 years old March 3, 2013

Great movie

Alien is a sci-fi movie that is more of a thriller than horror. I mean, a little worm bursts out of a mans chest but its slow and shows a little guts but not much. I'd say the only violent part would be that and the part where the guy looking for the cat gets impaled then blood drizzles down on the others. So all in all I think this is one of the best movies ever.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTripFoot January 11, 2013

Great!

I am a strange child. I watched Alien when I was 7 and E.T. when I was... oh, nevermind, I never watched it. Anyways, this is that kind of movie which keeps you on the edge of your seat. Horror fans/ sci-fi fans would appreciate this movie. By the way, kids aren't dumb sheep that can be easily scared with a bit of blood and violence. Maybe 7 is a bit too young, but 10 is certainly fine for this movie. Besides, a reason why I was never afraid of dentists/the dark/monsters/doctors is probably because my parents didn't think I was a sissy and let me watch these movies. Life isn't all rainbows and flowers. Let your kids realize it, the earlier the better.