All member reviews for Alien

Dated but still extremely scary. Not for younger kids.

Adult Written byjacob a February 25, 2015

AWESOME!!!

theres a scene with a little bit of blood and some bad words in it, but that, i think it aint bad. but if your kids get scared easily, they shouldnt watch it.
Adult Written byResponsable February 4, 2015

Perfect Sci-Fi Movie!

Kid, 11 years old January 26, 2015

If I could I would put 3.5 ( didn't stop me from watching the sequel tho )

It was good but not that good. Not much swearing I think it's only an 18 bcoz it is a bit scary . Personally I was ok - watched with dad and I jumped a few times but I like that. I would say 10-12 but you know your kid better than me so....
Adult Written byGresh854 January 19, 2015

One of the Greatest Sci-Fi's

begging it eventually gets you on the edge of your seet the 2nd half of the film. All though it is rated R I feel it is inbetween the rating R and PG-13. There is really only one or 2 scenes that are a bit over PG-13 violence, but they are not too realistic. I definitely recommend this to anyone into Thrillers!
Kid, 12 years old January 18, 2015

Scary sci fi, not for everyone

Alien is an amazing sci fi horror movie, not for young kids though. Very suspenseful, the alien looks horrifying. When it bursts out of a man's chest gore is everywhere, later on it kills around 8 people, possibly raping them. A very creepy scene where an animatronic malfunctions and tries to murder the ship crew. He is then decapitated, leaving white blood everywhere. A few F bombs here and there, not much. Pretty much a teens only film.
Teen, 16 years old Written byjamesbondfan November 18, 2014

Not for kids

Not as gory as most would think. The worst part is when the alien bursts out of the guys stomach. Mostly the film is really intense. The violence is mostly not shown but is very creepy and intense. Not much in ways of nudity. Characters are shown in their underwear but it doesn't really last long. There isn't really any smoking in the movie. There is quite a good amount of language though (including the f-word). So I'm going to say that if you can't handle really suspenseful and scary movies then don't watch this movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykyleReeselives November 12, 2014

Bad start, good ending

This movie is still a little scary even for a dated movie, but it has a good message to protect your friends and put yourself at risk for others. The alien on the other hand, is a heartless, vile, and murderous being hell-bent on killing those who it so little as sets it's eyes on. The Company all the characters as well as Ash fare no better. Mainly for endangering everybody for one thing: Research. However, Ripley (the main character) puts herself at risk for the surviving crew members (though only one other survives)
Teen, 13 years old Written byspaceexploration November 11, 2014

Best Movie Ever!!!!

This movie was action packed and super exciting. People said F--K a lot. Like a lot lot. Also, violence was gory. (i love gory violence) Ending was sadish. But this was a great movie! My favorite movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviewatcherII October 12, 2014

slow movie

This is a fairly violent movie with characters being killed by an alien, and a creature bursting out of someones chest. There are uses of b!tch, sh!t, and fu©k. There are posters of womens bare breasts. When a women is about to sleep, she is in her underwear, and the top of her uncovered buttocks are shown.
Adult Written byNathan009 October 12, 2014

Mature

The movie is about a group of people trying to survive in space with a alien on board. The overall content is ok but some scenes some viewers may find disturbing. 12+
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheMarine October 11, 2014

Alien

First off the only reason it's r is because pg-13 wasn't invented. Know what your kid is afraid of. It is about a alien killing people on a ship. It's not scary to me, but I'm 13. Some swearing, tons of killing, and a malevolent alien besides that it's a great movie.
Written byAnonymous September 25, 2014

Alien review

========================================================= Sex/Nudity: We see some of the male crewmembers in their boxers when they're awakened from a deep space sleep. Parker makes some innuendo toward Lambert when he says that he'd rather be eating something else right now (referring to her) but that right now he's going to eat some food. We see small photos of bare-breasted women adorning a wall in the spaceship. We see Ripley in a short and tight tank-top and some very small panties and see the top of her butt as she bends over (as she prepares to go into deep space sleep). 3.5/10. ========================================================= Violence: A creature suddenly jumps on a person's spacesuit helmet face-plate and then has its "fingers" around his head and its tale-like appendage wrapped around his neck. Lambert slaps Ripley, and the two struggle and must then be separated. Ash cuts into one of the alien's "fingers" that's on Kane's face. Acid then pours out and burns through the floor and subsequent floors below that (the crew races to see where it's going and when/if it will stop before it gets to the hull). An alien bursts from a man's chest (with bloody results), killing him. We see the now large alien rear up behind a crewmember who doesn't see it (a nearby cat does and reacts). The creature jabs out with its inner set of retractable jaws and lifts the man from the floor. Blood from that man then falls down onto another man. An alien attacks a man (we don't see the impact). Ripley grabs Ash and pushes him back against a wall. Ash rips out some of Ripley's hair, throws her into some equipment and then throws her into another room. He then rolls up some papers, sticks them in her mouth and attempts to smother her with them. A man grabs another man, but the second grabs the first's chest, causing him pain. The first then uses something to bash the second on the head, causing him to convulse. He then hits his head again, nearly decapitating the second man who turns out to be an android. All sorts of whitish liquid spews forth from the severe neck wound. The body then grabs the first man until another crewmember zaps it with an electric prod. A crewmember torches an android's head with a flamethrower. The alien kills a crewmember (with its retractable set of inner jaws that jab out at him). We then see a tentacle like appendage go around a woman's leg and hear her screams, but don't see what happens to her. Ripley torches two crewmembers (who are alive but look rather bad) that she finds stuck in the alien's nest (they plead for her to kill them and she complies). Ripley bashes some equipment out of fear and frustration. A massive explosion destroys a ship. Ripley opens a hatch to send the alien off into space, but it grabs the opening. She then shoots it with a spear gun and then fires the ship's rockets to blast it before it hurtles off into space. 8/10. ========================================================= Blood/Gore: Ash cuts into one of the alien's "fingers" that's on Kane's face. Acid (its blood) then pours out and burns through the floor and subsequent floors below that. We see the gooey underside of the alien creature (it might be gross-looking to some viewers). Blood suddenly squirts out from a man's covered chest. Everyone pauses in shock and then more blood squirts out as a small alien creature erupts from his chest (covered in blood, while the wall has blood splatter on it). Blood from a recently killed man falls down onto another man. Ripley has a little bit of a bloody nose and Ash has some white, blood-like liquid down his head. A man nearly decapitates a second man who turns out to be an android. All sorts of whitish liquid spews forth from the severe neck wound. We then see the android's severed head from which more white goo oozes forth, while other parts look half mechanical, half organic (with gory results from the opened skin). We see a brief shot of some bloody, dead bodies. 8.5/10. ========================================================= Profanity: At least 5 "f" words, 8 "s" words, 18 hells, 6 damns, 5 S.O.B.'s, 3 bitches, 2 craps, 1 ass, and 11 uses of "G-damn," 4 of "Oh God," 2 each of "God" and "Oh my God" and 1 use each of "For Christ's sakes," "For God's sakes," "Good God," "Jesus," "Jesus Christ," "My God" and "Oh Jesus" as exclamations. 6/10. ========================================================= Alcohol/Drugs: None. ========================================================= Smoking: Brett smokes at least 5 times (and rolls his own cigarettes), while Kane and Parker each smoke several times. 4/10. ========================================================= Alien is one of Ridley Scott's best films, and is definitely recommended to science fiction horror fans. I give it an 8/10. =========================================================
Written byAnonymous September 13, 2014

Perfect Sci-Fi Movie!

Parent Written byDuncanDerund August 31, 2014

Movie

R for alien destruction and violence and crude imagery and language and some battle and surprises.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJonnoWeb August 23, 2014

Terrific sci-fi movie

I only saw this movie recently at home and I loved it. It is not as scary as people say it is because the bits that are said to be scary like the Chestburster scene and Ian Holm's head exploding (he is a robot so no blood is showing) I found unintentionally funny. If you show anyone under the age of 12, make sure that you know they're mature enough to handle it. Even though back then it got an R, I'd say now would be PG-13.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAzulDemonio July 26, 2014

Revolutionary Piece Of Cinema, But Ultimately A Horror Film

What can be expected from an 18 rated film? Alien, whilst one of the greatest films to have ever been created, features dark and horrific images of violence, rape, fear and isolation. It brings people down to their core phobias, and uses subliminal messages to really get to viewers. Almost every scene after the first act is chilling, and toward the end of the film the fear factor really hits high. For almost anyone under the age of 13 this film is completely inappropriate, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else within my own or slightly above my age range unless you have the maturity to handle and process such themes. For movie-goers its a must-see, but wait until you're ready.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykarategirl1024 June 17, 2014

Very good movie, gets a good rep

There is something about the beginning of this movie that makes it suspenseful even before any action happens. If you grew up in a regular town nd home, chances are you have heard of this movie. It has actually had the title "Scariest movie of all time" which is correct to a certain degree, because for its time, it was indeed extremely scary. No sex or nudity, violence is strong as the first event that happens with the alien is the alien comes out of an egg on of the astronauts finds an latches onto his face for awhile. The second thing that happens is tha later on in the movie, the alien unlatches from the astronauts face and all seems well...until later, while eating dinner, the astronaut starts coughing and collapses on the table. Then the alien bursts out of his chest looking like a little baby alien. Then it runs off into the ship to grow to a full sized lethal alien. The rest of the movie is filled with suspense and action, with everyone dying except one astronaut. Keeps the action until (literally) the very end of the movie. The alien is disturbing to look at, though.
Kid, 7 years old June 13, 2014

Scary... I Hate It! But a good movie

I watched a little of this movie and couldn't finish it because it was just too scary. I want to see it again and to the end, when I'm a little older but. I recommend the same unless you can handle blood, guts, & scary moments, wait until at least your teens to watch it.
Adult Written byhomealonefan123 April 27, 2014

This violent, sometimes very gory thrill ride is awesome, best for teens!

Parents need to know that this 1970's sci-fi-horror film is violent and sometimes gory. The violence includes other life forms bursting through people's chests, shooting, and being killed by the alien. There is some strong language and posters of naked girls. But other than that, this movie will be perfect for teens!
Teen, 13 years old Written bytaylorpenny December 28, 2013

Problems With Language Or Blood? Steer Clear.

I first watched this when I was twelve, and I wasn't scared at all. Parents should know that this incredible movie features a strong female lead, and violence is present at all times. Mainly, the scariness is fueled by tension, and you can see the alien's (or "xenomorph's") tail before he attacks anyone. There are a couple scenes with lots of blood, and these can be pretty scary. There is quite a bit of language. At the end, Ripley is seen in her underwear, however this is not meant to be sexual or erotic.