Dated but still extremely scary. Not for younger kids.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMavrah333 March 19, 2015

more a thriller than a horror

This sci fi thriller is a suspenseful, creepy tale of a mining ship in space, with some unwanted cargo. By the half way mark, an alien is loose and the body clock begins. This is a very well made thriller that had me at the edge of my sofa for the last half hour. The violence is mostly only implied, but it is creepy in many scenes. Note sex references and language. Final Score: 9/10: Epic
Kid, 11 years old January 26, 2015

If I could I would put 3.5 ( didn't stop me from watching the sequel tho )

It was good but not that good. Not much swearing I think it's only an 18 bcoz it is a bit scary . Personally I was ok - watched with dad and I jumped a few times but I like that. I would say 10-12 but you know your kid better than me so....
Kid, 12 years old January 18, 2015

Scary sci fi, not for everyone

Alien is an amazing sci fi horror movie, not for young kids though. Very suspenseful, the alien looks horrifying. When it bursts out of a man's chest gore is everywhere, later on it kills around 8 people, possibly raping them. A very creepy scene where an animatronic malfunctions and tries to murder the ship crew. He is then decapitated, leaving white blood everywhere. A few F bombs here and there, not much. Pretty much a teens only film.
Teen, 16 years old Written byjamesbondfan November 18, 2014

Not for kids

Not as gory as most would think. The worst part is when the alien bursts out of the guys stomach. Mostly the film is really intense. The violence is mostly not shown but is very creepy and intense. Not much in ways of nudity. Characters are shown in their underwear but it doesn't really last long. There isn't really any smoking in the movie. There is quite a good amount of language though (including the f-word). So I'm going to say that if you can't handle really suspenseful and scary movies then don't watch this movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykyleReeselives November 12, 2014

Bad start, good ending

This movie is still a little scary even for a dated movie, but it has a good message to protect your friends and put yourself at risk for others. The alien on the other hand, is a heartless, vile, and murderous being hell-bent on killing those who it so little as sets it's eyes on. The Company all the characters as well as Ash fare no better. Mainly for endangering everybody for one thing: Research. However, Ripley (the main character) puts herself at risk for the surviving crew members (though only one other survives)
Teen, 13 years old Written byspaceexploration November 11, 2014

Best Movie Ever!!!!

This movie was action packed and super exciting. People said F--K a lot. Like a lot lot. Also, violence was gory. (i love gory violence) Ending was sadish. But this was a great movie! My favorite movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviewatcherII October 12, 2014

slow movie

This is a fairly violent movie with characters being killed by an alien, and a creature bursting out of someones chest. There are uses of b!tch, sh!t, and fu©k. There are posters of womens bare breasts. When a women is about to sleep, she is in her underwear, and the top of her uncovered buttocks are shown.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheMarine October 11, 2014

Alien

First off the only reason it's r is because pg-13 wasn't invented. Know what your kid is afraid of. It is about a alien killing people on a ship. It's not scary to me, but I'm 13. Some swearing, tons of killing, and a malevolent alien besides that it's a great movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJonnoWeb August 23, 2014

Terrific sci-fi movie

I only saw this movie recently at home and I loved it. It is not as scary as people say it is because the bits that are said to be scary like the Chestburster scene and Ian Holm's head exploding (he is a robot so no blood is showing) I found unintentionally funny. If you show anyone under the age of 12, make sure that you know they're mature enough to handle it. Even though back then it got an R, I'd say now would be PG-13.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAzulDemonio July 26, 2014

Revolutionary Piece Of Cinema, But Ultimately A Horror Film

What can be expected from an 18 rated film? Alien, whilst one of the greatest films to have ever been created, features dark and horrific images of violence, rape, fear and isolation. It brings people down to their core phobias, and uses subliminal messages to really get to viewers. Almost every scene after the first act is chilling, and toward the end of the film the fear factor really hits high. For almost anyone under the age of 13 this film is completely inappropriate, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else within my own or slightly above my age range unless you have the maturity to handle and process such themes. For movie-goers its a must-see, but wait until you're ready.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykarategirl1024 June 17, 2014

Very good movie, gets a good rep

There is something about the beginning of this movie that makes it suspenseful even before any action happens. If you grew up in a regular town nd home, chances are you have heard of this movie. It has actually had the title "Scariest movie of all time" which is correct to a certain degree, because for its time, it was indeed extremely scary. No sex or nudity, violence is strong as the first event that happens with the alien is the alien comes out of an egg on of the astronauts finds an latches onto his face for awhile. The second thing that happens is tha later on in the movie, the alien unlatches from the astronauts face and all seems well...until later, while eating dinner, the astronaut starts coughing and collapses on the table. Then the alien bursts out of his chest looking like a little baby alien. Then it runs off into the ship to grow to a full sized lethal alien. The rest of the movie is filled with suspense and action, with everyone dying except one astronaut. Keeps the action until (literally) the very end of the movie. The alien is disturbing to look at, though.
Kid, 7 years old June 13, 2014

Scary... I Hate It! But a good movie

I watched a little of this movie and couldn't finish it because it was just too scary. I want to see it again and to the end, when I'm a little older but. I recommend the same unless you can handle blood, guts, & scary moments, wait until at least your teens to watch it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytaylorpenny December 28, 2013

Problems With Language Or Blood? Steer Clear.

I first watched this when I was twelve, and I wasn't scared at all. Parents should know that this incredible movie features a strong female lead, and violence is present at all times. Mainly, the scariness is fueled by tension, and you can see the alien's (or "xenomorph's") tail before he attacks anyone. There are a couple scenes with lots of blood, and these can be pretty scary. There is quite a bit of language. At the end, Ripley is seen in her underwear, however this is not meant to be sexual or erotic.
Teen, 13 years old Written byStellalovesbas November 29, 2013

For young teenagers and up

This movie was not as scary as I thought it would have been. I am a teenage girl but I love watching these movies with my dad. I was scared throughout the movie but afterwards I was fine. Kids who get scared easily should not watch this. The only gross bit was when the baby alien popped out of the guys stomach, it wasn't that gross as you didn't see any guts coming out, you only saw his stomach moving then the alien came out. Overall a good movie
Teen, 14 years old Written byMetalman173 November 5, 2013

terrifying

the scariest part is the suspence
Kid, 10 years old October 14, 2013

Scary Movie

Its a scary movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byGreat gatsby August 6, 2013

Not THAT bad

A tad bit scary but not much at all can be a tiny bit violent also not really THAT bad
Kid, 12 years old July 18, 2013

Pretty creepy even for 1979 graphics

Really creepy, really suspenseful, and really violent. Most of the deaths were on screen and very graphic. I hand it to them, it looked pretty realistic for that old of a movie. Not for 10 and under. Every one else fine. I highly recommend this scary movie.
Kid, 10 years old May 22, 2013

IN SPACE NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM

a fantastic horror film that really scares saw this when I was 9 terrified. I just kept telling myself I wasn't in space
Teen, 14 years old Written byfast101 May 10, 2013

The True Start of the Science Fiction Horror Genre!

First off, this movie is a classic! But before you watch it, you gotta know yourself. If you think you can't handle a scene or two of blood/gore, you might wanna wait. This movie is great, but it's got some bad language (About five uses of the F word and some other brief uses of milder words.) and some intense and scary scenes. But the main issue you'll find here is the violence. I'd recommend this everyone 14 & up to watch this if your viewing alone. 13-year old kids should watch this with parent, but no one under should see it due to it's intense violence. Like the title of my review says, this is the true start of the science fiction horror genre!