All member reviews for Alien

Dated but still extremely scary. Not for younger kids.

Teen, 14 years old Written byKingT0ASTER April 2, 2012

A masterpiece

This movie is one of the greatest movies of all times [Along with RoboCop, Terminator, Saw, and Hellraiser.]. It has little language, but when there is profanity it is of a stronger vocabulary.I thought this movie was great and I saw this when I was 4, and quite frankly, it has never been inappropriate in all of the years I've loved it. Giger is also a very good artist for the film. Giger makes amazing art that is famous all across the world, so you should check it out [unless you're a child, then you shouldn't because of the sexual content of his paintings]. Over all, this film is overwhelming and can be enjoyed by pretty much anyone.
Parent of a 7 year old Written bypaulgibbons March 24, 2012

The most frightening sci-fi ever?

This, and its sequel, are the most frightening movies I have ever seen. I walked out of the sequel twice! (When - spoiler alert - the little girl was given Ripley's tracker. OMG, something is going to happen to her. Quick exit into hallway!) In addition to pretty gory gore, the suspense is about as intense as it can become. Put is this way, my seven year-old has seen the Matrix and Terminator, but won't be going to this until he is 13/14.
Parent Written byFrankinf March 24, 2012

The best scifi movie of 1979

It is not very scary and not that goriness but is suspenseful and awesome just know the kids
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar March 11, 2012

Amazing

great movie with a few f-bombs is really violent and scary. Not okay for younger viewers.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybaesean February 1, 2012

Greatest. Movie. Ever.

Seriously? 14!? This is a great movie that has stood the test of time, Common Sense. For it's time, this was high grade kind of stuff, however I have noticed that, while relatively creepy, this movie is kind of violent, but there is no blood, ironically, for an alien movie. I loved it and have loved it for 1 or 2 years now. Don't be mortified by it's R rated title and reputation for being extremely graphic and gory, because it's rated R because it was made before pg-13. And as for being graphic, go play Mortal Kombat, then we'll talk.
Kid, 7 years old January 23, 2012

Alien

not as bad as i thought.
Kid, 11 years old December 26, 2011

Very slow.

Not very fast paced, but had a very good plot. This is the kind of movie that everybody will react to differently.
Kid, 12 years old December 17, 2011

Alien

i saw this film last night it is slow but that makes it good because its in space and an alien is on the ship. it is a bit scary and jumpy and a bit gory definately not for younger children.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymadelineshadowrose October 21, 2011

pause

it took me a while to get in to this movie but it was good whats not to like about a cute little face hugger that has acid for blood not that violent note:the WHAT PARENTS NEED TO KNOW thing is missing data when the robot was attacking her in the back round of his room was a bunch of prono but it's blurry and out of notice but my little brother max age 8 was watching the movie with me and mad a point to say theres inapropreit stuff on the wall.the most violent sene is the thing popping out of his stomich be for you wach this movie know your child
Parent of a 13, 13, and 15 year old Written byJawsFan3000 October 15, 2011

Sci-fi/horror classic is very scary. Stay away, little kids!

My MPAA rating: PG-13 (borderline with R) for some intense sci-fi violence, once bloody, frequent threat and horror, brief nudity, and infrequent strong language.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn September 5, 2011

Not for most younger teens.

Alien is a mature sci-fi horror movie and is not for most young teens, because while it doesn't really focuse on gore or gross out effects (although there are some very gory scene, including the chest burster scene that are not appropriate for children), it is a very deep and artistic movie that many younger kids who, if they are not frightened by it, will not be interested in it's lavish production design. Also, there is some infrequent but strong language.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybryson delph August 28, 2011

Alien is a great movie

I'm thirteen and I saw the movie when I was 10. It's not scary that you won't want to go to bed scary, it's just thrilling. Check out the chest burster sene is the worst part. Check on youtube to see if you approve.
Kid, 11 years old July 30, 2011

one of my favorite movies since the age of four! :D

I watched this movie when I was 4. I am now 11. Also, if you think only guys like horror movies then turn away now. I never thought this movie was scary, I also love the fact the cat survived! ^^ Sugorney Weaver was great too! (sorry if her name is spelled wrong.) Some kids may think it is scary, and some parents may think that kids will start swearing. I thought the alien was actually kind of cute, (lol) and why should a child say something they know is not okay for there age? Some dumb kid that is....
Kid, 10 years old July 9, 2011

idk

the movie is awesome
Kid, 10 years old June 28, 2011

A Gory Scene

Do you know the ''chestburster'' scene? When a guy is drinking, his stomach starts to hurt and gets slight nausea. Next, he gets sudden movements. Finally, an alien come out of his chest, revealing lost of guts and blood all over the rest of the people.
Kid, 12 years old June 13, 2011

Creepy action flick is dated, but still scary

this is a really great movie. definitly a must see for all sci-fi fans mature enough to handle its content. the movie is VERY scary, despite its age, there is plenty of gore, and the alien is creepy! some parts are kinda dated, especially the part where ripley ejects the alien. all in all, a great move, up there with star wars in the sci-fi hall of fame.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 May 30, 2011

One of the best sci-fi/horror flicks of all time!

My rating: PG-13 for frightening and tense situations, a scene of alien violence and gore, and some language.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySACYUC March 12, 2011

Great classic, but sometimes boring.

A very good classic.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhansolo5150 December 7, 2010

Incredible, but R rated, flick is great for story-loving older teens, boring for others

This is an excellent movie, however, you have to be in it for the long haul, as it is about two hours long. Great plot, and (for 1979) great effects, make this one of the best outer space movies ever. There is violence, the worst of it being when a man doubles over in pain and a little alien bursts out of his stomach, spraying blood everywhere. There are other alien attacks, but not as graphic. The whole crew is seen (in the opening scene) coming out of hibernation wearing nothing but their underwear. Their are also pin-up posters of nude women (explicit) lining the walls of one crew members bunk, though since this is only seen during an attack on one of the crew members, it's not the focal point for the scene. There is also language, not frequent, but the f-word and lesser language is included. Overall, an awesome experience, you have to be in it for the story, not the action.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycooldude1234 December 3, 2010

reat but gory

This movie is very violent and it is for teens and up there is some language and a scene where sigourney Weaver is in her underpants but it isn't sexual so wait to watch this till the day you turn a teen