Dated but still extremely scary. Not for younger kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written bybryson delph August 28, 2011

Alien is a great movie

I'm thirteen and I saw the movie when I was 10. It's not scary that you won't want to go to bed scary, it's just thrilling. Check out the chest burster sene is the worst part. Check on youtube to see if you approve.
Kid, 11 years old July 30, 2011

one of my favorite movies since the age of four! :D

I watched this movie when I was 4. I am now 11. Also, if you think only guys like horror movies then turn away now. I never thought this movie was scary, I also love the fact the cat survived! ^^ Sugorney Weaver was great too! (sorry if her name is spelled wrong.) Some kids may think it is scary, and some parents may think that kids will start swearing. I thought the alien was actually kind of cute, (lol) and why should a child say something they know is not okay for there age? Some dumb kid that is....
Kid, 10 years old July 9, 2011

idk

the movie is awesome
Kid, 10 years old June 28, 2011

A Gory Scene

Do you know the ''chestburster'' scene? When a guy is drinking, his stomach starts to hurt and gets slight nausea. Next, he gets sudden movements. Finally, an alien come out of his chest, revealing lost of guts and blood all over the rest of the people.
Kid, 12 years old June 13, 2011

Creepy action flick is dated, but still scary

this is a really great movie. definitly a must see for all sci-fi fans mature enough to handle its content. the movie is VERY scary, despite its age, there is plenty of gore, and the alien is creepy! some parts are kinda dated, especially the part where ripley ejects the alien. all in all, a great move, up there with star wars in the sci-fi hall of fame.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 May 30, 2011

One of the best sci-fi/horror flicks of all time!

My rating: PG-13 for frightening and tense situations, a scene of alien violence and gore, and some language.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySACYUC March 12, 2011

Great classic, but sometimes boring.

A very good classic.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhansolo5150 December 7, 2010

Incredible, but R rated, flick is great for story-loving older teens, boring for others

This is an excellent movie, however, you have to be in it for the long haul, as it is about two hours long. Great plot, and (for 1979) great effects, make this one of the best outer space movies ever. There is violence, the worst of it being when a man doubles over in pain and a little alien bursts out of his stomach, spraying blood everywhere. There are other alien attacks, but not as graphic. The whole crew is seen (in the opening scene) coming out of hibernation wearing nothing but their underwear. Their are also pin-up posters of nude women (explicit) lining the walls of one crew members bunk, though since this is only seen during an attack on one of the crew members, it's not the focal point for the scene. There is also language, not frequent, but the f-word and lesser language is included. Overall, an awesome experience, you have to be in it for the story, not the action.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycooldude1234 December 3, 2010

reat but gory

This movie is very violent and it is for teens and up there is some language and a scene where sigourney Weaver is in her underpants but it isn't sexual so wait to watch this till the day you turn a teen
Kid, 10 years old November 26, 2010
This is a great movie. If it had been made this year it would have been PG-13. There was one use of f****r and more language like that. The violence was not for younger kids. There is blood and gore. It had a good message that good overpowers evil and that you should use teamwork.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written bypwi11iam2 October 29, 2010
Kid, 10 years old October 27, 2010
what 3stars really this movie is awesome and deserves more than 3stars
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe October 26, 2010
This movie wouldn't be appropriate for someone under 13 years old. Depending on the child I'd say that you might even wait until your child is older than that even to let them view it. The aliens can come across as very scary and the movie itself isn't really that original or good even.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylolakitty12 October 21, 2010

13+

Good female hero.....positive message to girls. A little tense and suspenseful at parts but nothing too scary. I would recommend it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe Snake Pit August 23, 2010

Awesome movie for people 13 and up

Great movie!! iffy for below 13 not to violent most violent parts are brief one part where a human looking robot gets his head torn off pretty disturbing and a picture of naked ladies in a mans room for a brief second when a character is pinned down only thing better is Aliens
Kid, 12 years old August 6, 2010

good effects

Harmless unless you think there is a monster is under ya bed:S It isnt to scary and all in all it is an amazing and excellent movie even for me( the girl who hates sci-fi)
Parent Written by4stewarts July 31, 2010
Kid, 12 years old July 21, 2010

Lots of tension in this classic

This movie was horrifying. I was extremely nervous throughout. It was the most tense movie i have ever seen. Suggested MPAA rating: R for some sci-fi violence/gore, terror and language.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPea789 July 12, 2010
This movie was not scary, more science fiction. The language was pretty bad. In the second and up ones, the language is much worse, but this one had much language, too
Teen, 16 years old Written bydanboy99 July 12, 2010