All member reviews for Alien

Dated but still extremely scary. Not for younger kids.

Teen, 14 years old Written byThe Snake Pit August 23, 2010

Awesome movie for people 13 and up

Great movie!! iffy for below 13 not to violent most violent parts are brief one part where a human looking robot gets his head torn off pretty disturbing and a picture of naked ladies in a mans room for a brief second when a character is pinned down only thing better is Aliens
Kid, 12 years old August 6, 2010

good effects

Harmless unless you think there is a monster is under ya bed:S It isnt to scary and all in all it is an amazing and excellent movie even for me( the girl who hates sci-fi)
Parent Written by4stewarts July 31, 2010

Kid, 12 years old July 21, 2010

Lots of tension in this classic

This movie was horrifying. I was extremely nervous throughout. It was the most tense movie i have ever seen. Suggested MPAA rating: R for some sci-fi violence/gore, terror and language.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPea789 July 12, 2010

This movie was not scary, more science fiction. The language was pretty bad. In the second and up ones, the language is much worse, but this one had much language, too
Teen, 16 years old Written bydanboy99 July 12, 2010

Teen, 15 years old Written byLinkin Park vs.... June 27, 2010

Bravo

Very well done.. congrats Ridley Scott on the major accomplishment... a great way to start one of the best series ever created
Kid, 10 years old June 19, 2010

oh my gosh !!!!!! scary!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 8 years old June 15, 2010

Good: Yeah! Scary: NO!!!!!

I saw this movie a week ago, and I'm only 8 and I wasn't scared at ALL. It's a very good movie, but the only reason it didn't scare me was because I knew what was coming. It would normally scare the pants off most kids my age. Oh and there were also photos of naked women in the backgrouns at one point. EWW! And also it's a violent but tame R-movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJasonr May 29, 2010

kinda boring...

This movie has tame violence, except for one scene. It's a tame R movie that isn't scary or all that good.
Kid, 11 years old May 12, 2010

a good moive for young adults and teens

it has lots of bad things in it smoking weaver in her bra and f___k in it but it is a good movie for 15+
Kid, 12 years old May 1, 2010

Scary, heart pumping, amazing.

Vey great story. Masterpiece. Scary and violent at times. Gret for preteens.
Kid, 10 years old April 12, 2010

FRICKIE
Kid, 12 years old March 14, 2010

great movie for sci fi lovers!

Many older people who saw this movie around when it came out will advise you not to see this movie for its violence. The thing is, the saw it way back when that was the most horrifying thing out. In todays standards, its violent but not to bad for anyone over the age of 11. I think Alien is probably one of the greatest science fiction movies of all time. I advise that this movie is full of creepy surprises so if you have seen this movie and want to show it to a younger audience (14-) than you may want to warn them before the gory and/or freaky bits.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBaconBitz March 7, 2010

Good 12 and up. Too scary for younger kids

Alien is a Sci-Fi/Horror film. This is an excellent movie. I saw it and it was pretty scary. The only scene that was really violent was the baby alien bursting out of a man's chest. All the rest is offscreen. The language is bad but not often. There are a few nude pictures in the backround of some scenes, but they are blurry due to the camera's focus. Alien is an excellent horror movie
Kid, 12 years old February 20, 2010

There are two really violent scenes: the chest-bursting scene (first pretty disturbing; then just bloody) and the robot scene (first just fist-fighting, then a man is decapitated, and his insides are shown; extremely gory). However, it's not nearly as scary if you know what's coming.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPoison Ivey January 27, 2010

Think about it... this movie is real old it cant be that bad

this is about as worse as it got back in the 70s- the movie is downright awesome, and it realy isn't that scary because the effects are very fake looking and you can tell that the dead bodies are plastic manakins covered. But its a classic but honestly its nothing a teen cant handle (way over the top for young ones obviously), I honestly think the language makes it R theres way more cursing than violence, and the only really scary part is when the man is impregnated by that creature (That was a little violent but again it was very fake looking it's nearly impossible to wince). The only thing I heated was the racism- a black man is seen as a low class maintenance guy and the crew have little respect for him (but again, think when this movie was made it was considered politically corret back then). But now i feel prejudice because i ended up diliking an african american character because of the way they potray him :( OOOO well its highly recommened and remember its mostly language that makes it R violence level is PG-13 level.
Kid, 11 years old January 7, 2010

good for tweens and adults

A great movie! hasnt got too bad stuff as long as your matchure about it!
Teen, 15 years old Written bykatiemay017 January 4, 2010

AWESOME!!! 13+

AMAZING!!! Sigourney Weaver is AWESOME! you should deffinitely see it!! can be a little scary at times, but a thrill!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byjohnwi312 December 27, 2009

Fantastic horror movie, OK for teens.

I saw Alien when I was about 13. It did terrify me, but I was fine watching it at that age - there's some bloody violence and cursing, but nothing that most young teenagers can't handle. Since then, it has become one of my favorite movies. Alien is slow-paced, but never boring - one of the best horror movies ever made.