Dated but still extremely scary. Not for younger kids.

Teen, 16 years old Written bydanboy99 July 12, 2010
Teen, 15 years old Written byLinkin Park vs.... June 27, 2010

Bravo

Very well done.. congrats Ridley Scott on the major accomplishment... a great way to start one of the best series ever created
Teen, 13 years old Written bytimmphy do June 19, 2010
oh my gosh !!!!!! scary!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 8 years old June 15, 2010

Good: Yeah! Scary: NO!!!!!

I saw this movie a week ago, and I'm only 8 and I wasn't scared at ALL. It's a very good movie, but the only reason it didn't scare me was because I knew what was coming. It would normally scare the pants off most kids my age. Oh and there were also photos of naked women in the backgrouns at one point. EWW! And also it's a violent but tame R-movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJasonr May 29, 2010

kinda boring...

This movie has tame violence, except for one scene. It's a tame R movie that isn't scary or all that good.
Kid, 11 years old May 12, 2010

a good moive for young adults and teens

it has lots of bad things in it smoking weaver in her bra and f___k in it but it is a good movie for 15+
Kid, 12 years old May 1, 2010

Scary, heart pumping, amazing.

Vey great story. Masterpiece. Scary and violent at times. Gret for preteens.
Kid, 10 years old April 12, 2010
FRICKIE
Kid, 12 years old March 14, 2010

great movie for sci fi lovers!

Many older people who saw this movie around when it came out will advise you not to see this movie for its violence. The thing is, the saw it way back when that was the most horrifying thing out. In todays standards, its violent but not to bad for anyone over the age of 11. I think Alien is probably one of the greatest science fiction movies of all time. I advise that this movie is full of creepy surprises so if you have seen this movie and want to show it to a younger audience (14-) than you may want to warn them before the gory and/or freaky bits.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBaconBitz March 7, 2010

Good 12 and up. Too scary for younger kids

Alien is a Sci-Fi/Horror film. This is an excellent movie. I saw it and it was pretty scary. The only scene that was really violent was the baby alien bursting out of a man's chest. All the rest is offscreen. The language is bad but not often. There are a few nude pictures in the backround of some scenes, but they are blurry due to the camera's focus. Alien is an excellent horror movie
Kid, 12 years old February 20, 2010
There are two really violent scenes: the chest-bursting scene (first pretty disturbing; then just bloody) and the robot scene (first just fist-fighting, then a man is decapitated, and his insides are shown; extremely gory). However, it's not nearly as scary if you know what's coming.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPoison Ivey January 27, 2010

Think about it... this movie is real old it cant be that bad

this is about as worse as it got back in the 70s- the movie is downright awesome, and it realy isn't that scary because the effects are very fake looking and you can tell that the dead bodies are plastic manakins covered. But its a classic but honestly its nothing a teen cant handle (way over the top for young ones obviously), I honestly think the language makes it R theres way more cursing than violence, and the only really scary part is when the man is impregnated by that creature (That was a little violent but again it was very fake looking it's nearly impossible to wince). The only thing I heated was the racism- a black man is seen as a low class maintenance guy and the crew have little respect for him (but again, think when this movie was made it was considered politically corret back then). But now i feel prejudice because i ended up diliking an african american character because of the way they potray him :( OOOO well its highly recommened and remember its mostly language that makes it R violence level is PG-13 level.
Kid, 11 years old January 7, 2010

good for tweens and adults

A great movie! hasnt got too bad stuff as long as your matchure about it!
Teen, 15 years old Written bykatiemay017 January 4, 2010

AWESOME!!! 13+

AMAZING!!! Sigourney Weaver is AWESOME! you should deffinitely see it!! can be a little scary at times, but a thrill!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byjohnwi312 December 27, 2009

Fantastic horror movie, OK for teens.

I saw Alien when I was about 13. It did terrify me, but I was fine watching it at that age - there's some bloody violence and cursing, but nothing that most young teenagers can't handle. Since then, it has become one of my favorite movies. Alien is slow-paced, but never boring - one of the best horror movies ever made.
Kid, 11 years old October 30, 2009

older kid movie... teen movie

AWESOME BUT SCARY MOVIE!! A really jump out at you kind movie... but kind of stupid... i mean if you were on some strage planet in space and you found these big eggs, would you really go and touch it? i mean really! good for older kids and teens. LOTS of language... f and s words a lot..
Parent of a 17 year old Written byfoxygramp October 28, 2009
Parent of a 7 and 11 year old Written bygarynlyssa October 24, 2009

10+ ok 10- no

AWESOME MOVIE!!!! i love this movie!! some scary parts but other than that, fine. movie for older kids (9 or 10+) or teens... the f word a few times, other swears too but overall ok.
Kid, 11 years old October 17, 2009

AWESOME

A scare-fest of an extra-terrestrial hidden in the shadows of a space craft, eating the crewmates one, by one. Great Halloween movie for older kids.
Kid, 12 years old October 1, 2009
Fantastic movie, really suspensful. In one of the rooms, there was pictures of naked woman plastered on the walls (obviously masturbation tools for the lonely crew), and the f word is blurted out quite a few times, but Ridley Scott is a genius!