All teen and kid member reviews for Alien3

Teen, 15 years old Written byJaysnake June 27, 2011

Very bad movie. Not worth watching.

Compared to Alien and Aliens, this movie is awful. It doesn't bring anything new to the Alien series and its just blood and swearing. If you we're thinking about watching this movie I dont think you should waste your time.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn September 5, 2011

Not bad, but very depressing

Honestly, I really don't think that Alien3 is even close to as bad as many other Alien fans think, but that doesn't mean that it isn't depressing, extremely violent and constantly profane. One thing that I do understand and what may very much trouble younger viewers is the fact that there is almost no characters to root for, and that it is mostly just Ripley amongst a bunch of rapists and convicts. Another thing that may bother younger audience who may have seen the previous two films, is the beginning where two likable characters from the previous film are brutally and savagely killed off. A Fairly decent third sequel, but incredibly mature and gruesomely violent.
Kid, 12 years old November 6, 2012

Alien 3 light on gore but high on language

Alien 3 is not as good as the first two but it is better than most sci-fi films. suprisingly aside from a scene in which a creature burst through a dogs stomach this film is extremely low on gore. Most of the deaths are off screen. If there was less language the film might have had a shot at a high PG-13. this film by far contains the most language in the series. Some scenes have numerous F- words. They also use phrases like "I'm gonna take a piss on her." There is one scene when men attempt to rape a woman but she is rescued. In one scene an autopsy is performed. But all you can see is blood on the surgeuns coat. Some of the language is too much for younger audiences. 14 and up
Teen, 14 years old Written by8colony8 February 1, 2011

Good for OLDER teens

A good sequel in a good series. However, there is LOADS AND LOADS of STRONG language, and a few very, very, very bloody parts.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDillpickle37 August 6, 2015

Alien 3: A Misunderstood Masterpiece

First thing's first, I'm going to get this out of the way: Alien 3 is a fantastic movie that is extremely underrated. In fact, I would go so far to say that it is as good, if not better than Aliens, a movie which is commonly considered to be one of the best of the franchise. And while it is true that as time passes, the movie has been viewed in a much fonder light, it still doesn't receive the credit it deserves. One more thing: it should be noted that this review will cover primarily the Assembly Cut of the film, which is vastly superior to the Theatrical Release. Violence-9/10: An alien is birthed out of a dog/ox (depending on which version you are watching) A man is burned with acid. A man is ripped to shreds by a giant fan. Several people are bitten in the head by an alien, with accompanying blood spray. A man slits another man's throat. The alien is shown eating a man, it is not graphic. The alien pulls a man into a vent; blood is seen pouring out. A gory image of a man's impaled body is seen. An autopsy is performed on a dead little girl. We see blood pooling into a sink and a brief glimpse of her lungs. In the theatrical version of the film, a baby alien bursts from a person's chest. Inmates of a prison planet are described as rapists, murderers, and child molesters. Two people are shot. A person falls into a large pool of molten metal. A fire kills several people. We see them engulfed in flames. An android receives a mercy killing. (spoilers) The alien blows up. (spoilers end) Several men are hit with a crowbar. A man is hit in the head with a large wrench, nearly having his ear torn off. Language-10/10: There are over 100 uses of f*ck (around 80 in the theatrical), as well as numerous uses of sh*t and *ss. A couple of misuses of Jesus' name. Three uses of w*nker. Sex and Nudity: A woman touches a young girl's dead body in a non-sexual manner. There are brief glimpses of the girl's nipple, also in a non-sexual manner. Ripley takes a shower and is seen naked from the side from about the mid-thigh upward. It is non-sexual manner. A group of prison inmates discuss their vows of celibacy. A group of men attempt to rape Ripley, but they are stopped. Ripley sleeps with a man and they briefly discuss it. Nothing sexual is shown. Drinking, Drugs and Smoking: A doctor says that he was once addicted to morphine. He recounts a disturbing experience he had while attending wounded people while under the influence of alchohol. The biggest complaint about Alien 3 is that it kills off two of the main characters from Aliens within the first few minutes of the film. While it is true that this was because of an inability to get the actors from the previous film back for Alien 3, it actually comes across as quite a gutsy move. The film is supposed to be depressing (I'll get to that later), and this solidifies that point early on. Secondly, Alien 3 raises the question: "How did the alien egg get aboard the Sulaco?" It can't be denied that this is a rather large plot hole, but I personally have seen several theories, all of which make perfect sense, about how the egg got there. If you're curious, you can always look it up for yourself. Another problem is the question of how the facehugger implanted two hosts instead of one. This question is answered in the assembly cut when Morse finds a dead royal facehugger. In the expanded universe of the Alien franchise, it is explained that a royal facehugger can implant a queen in one host and then implant a drone in a second host with the purpose of protecting the queen as she/it develops. The final complaint that is often heard about Alien 3 is that it's just so darn depressing. Each of the first three Alien movies have a theme. The first one is about birth (Kane impregnated with the first alien), the second is about family (Ripley, Newt, and Hicks), and the third is about death (the death of Hicks, Newt, (spoilers) Ripley (spoilers end), and pretty much everyone else), so of course it's depressing. Besides, the Alien movies were never exactly happy movies anyway. Alien 3 also does so many things right. It sets up the somber atmosphere perfectly. The cinematography and visuals are stunning. The dog/ox alien feels just as menacing as the aliens of the first two movies, while also bringing something new to the table, allowing Alien 3 to go back to its single alien roots without feeling like a cheap imitation of Alien. Sigourney Weaver's performance as the battered, world-weary Ripley is the best of the entire franchise, and Alien 3 boasts one of the most perfectly composed scores of any movie ever. Dillon's funeral speech inter-cut with images of the alien's birth beautifully symbolizes the death of innocence and the birth of evil. In the Assembly Cut, Paul McGann's Golic is fleshed out and becomes one of the most interesting characters of the movie. His deranged reverence for the "dragon" is showcased perfectly, illustrating the true depths of his insanity. Clemens' relationship with Ripley is also an interesting plot point, despite being cut short, and Charles S. Dutton delivers a compelling performance as Dillon, the spiritual leader of the inmates. The "crappy CGI" alien (which is actually not CGI but a rod puppet) may not look quite as good today, but earned the movie an Oscar nomination for best visual effects when it came out. The dialogue can be clunky at times, but is overall pretty decent, and the audio quality in some scenes isn't great, due to the fact that they were restored from discarded footage. Overall, Alien 3 is an amazing and tragically underrated film that all mature viewers should watch.
Kid, 10 years old July 5, 2015

very fake prequel not for 9 and under

personally i thought this was a very crappy movie extremely predictable and dumb deaths
Teen, 15 years old Written byMavrah333 May 2, 2015

Darker, violent sequel presents ideas on sacrifice and religion.

Bear in mind, the version I have watched is the assembly cut, which means that many plot points are changed (and many would argue were improved upon). Alien 3 is certainly weaker than Alien or Aliens, but is definitely superior to Resurrection, and presents enough thrills and action to keep a fan of science fiction or horror on the edge of their seats. I actually rather enjoyed this, and I liked the ideas of religion and sacrifice presented. However, the violence is overwhelmingly brutal, with far more gore than the previous instalments, and language is FAR more pervasive (constant use of f--k and s--t, words such as p--s and w--ker common). Overall, several disappointing plot points, such as killing beloved characters from Aliens off screen, lets down what is otherwise a nice but grim conclusion to the Alien trilogy. Final Score: 7/10: Good.
Teen, 16 years old Written byevolinag December 19, 2012

Third installment is still good, but more violent. Older audiences only!

"AlienÂł" is the third installment of the science fiction saga "Alien". ----------------------- Being part of a saga, the problem with "AlienÂł" is that it will always be overshadowed by its superior preceeders. The first one was a perfect mix of suspense and science fiction, and the second one was an action movie with a surprisingly thoughtful subplot involving a child. "AlienÂł", however, has neither new ideas nor any overwehelming addition to the plot. Still, you can't say that David Fincher (who later will make the infamous cult classics "Se7en" and "Fight Club") didn't do anything he could to make it a good movie. The scenes are suspenseful, with a really good and innovative new athmosphere. Charles S. Dutton's character Dillon is really interesting, being particularly the only one of the prisoners who really learned his lesson. He even tells Ripley to stay away from him, in order to prevent her from himself. In his debut as a film director (he made Madonna's "Express Yourself" video before), Fincher already proofed that he has talent, and that makes up the fact that this movie is not nearly as original as its preceeders, and that it has a weaker script. ----------------------------------------------- (SPOILERS may folloe:) "AlienÂł" is much more violent than its preceeders. Except for Ripley, every survivor of Alien 2 dies at the beginning. That includes Newt, a little girl. Later, an autopsy is seen. We don't see too much, but there is a gruesome sound. We see the bloody tool and a very brief shot of her lung. An alien creature bursts out of a dog's stomach with gallons of blood all over the floor. A man falls into a fan and gets dismembered (very grpahic and gory). Apart from this, the Alien typical violence like aliens bursting out of chests and people being attacked by the alien in rapid cuts. But the gory scenes, especially the fan scene are unlikely to be okay for viewers under 15.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow October 21, 2012

Best of the Sigourney Weaver Alien movies!

Out of all the four original Alien films, this one is my favorite. I know a lot of people consider this to be the least good of all the original films, but for me, it's the Alien film I always wanted. It combines the dark, gothic chills of the first film with the gleefully over-the-top gore of the second film to make for what is easily the most gruesome film in the Alien series. Some people hated it for this reason, but I thought that was its greatest quality. Director David Fincher does an excellent job wrapping up what was supposed to be a trilogy, complete with a horrific twist ending that just felt perfect. The new alien looked awesome, with greater speed and even more teeth. The cinematography was awesome, giving us some great shots from the alien's point of view while it runs. The sets were breathtaking, and they really captured the nihilistic tone of the movie. The musical score was very smooth and dark, with good ups-and-downs to the tune and some elements that sounded really perilous and grim. I liked how they continued the evolution of Ripley, seeming to become more determined, strong, and relatable with each film. The plot was also well-rendered, with metaphors regarding Heaven, Hell, the devil, and other religious elements. And the script is much less clichéd than it was in the second film, returning to the grim seriousness of the first film. My only real problem with it is the sound mixing; the music and echoing often muffles the dialogue between the characters, and I had to turn on subtitles. But that alone cannot bring down a movie like this. Although many people will be turned away by its increased gore and nihilism over the previous films, I consider it the best for all its dark traits.
Teen, 15 years old Written by80sfan8 May 14, 2012

Not good as the first two

I've seen the first three movies and this one is probably the most violent in the series so far. It's also not as good as the first two, but still pretty enjoyable.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. February 10, 2012

Gross gory threequeal is definitely the worst one.

The alien attacks several characters by using it's mouth within a mouth to penetrate their skulls (lots of blood and gore is in these scenes). A man who happens to be standing underneath an alien attack has sheets of blood poured down on his face. The alien attacks one man, making him fall back into a giant fan. This is very brief, but for the few seconds that it is on-screen, we see massive amounts of red chunks and blood spraying. In one gross scene many characters are killed, in an attempt to bait the alien in. The alien chases people on walls, and grab them and tears them apart, one man is torn in half, with his lower half of body is shown flying forward, and gore spraying forth.
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe Person Guy May 19, 2011

This was probably the worst in the series due to the poor animation. Lots of language and some very bloody parts. My MPAA Rating: [R] for Strong Language and some Bloody Scenes
Teen, 14 years old Written byantoineisthebest April 24, 2011

not bad but not for younger viewer

I have seen worst in violence and gore not a bad movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byhrodi007 November 9, 2010

ok for older kids, not for young kids

This movie has a lot of violence and language. Not for young kids. It is ok for teenagers.
Kid, 11 years old May 24, 2010

not sutibal for 16 or under

I really liked this film it is one of my favorites but they swear and smoke a lot i mean a lot!It is realllllly reallllllllly violent as well
Kid, 10 years old July 20, 2009

movie was pretty bad

I thought this movie was pretty bad. Not much happens in this movie. The movie was pretty much just violence,gore,blood and swearing. I would say it would be for around 12 years old.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

I exspected more than continious violence and gore.

i havd been wanting to see the alien movies for3 years so when i got permission i watched it on t.v. i was surprised. too much blood! if you like pointless gore where it doesn't need to be this is for you. i say ok for mauture 16 year olds.