All member reviews for Alien3

Teen, 15 years old Written byJaysnake June 27, 2011

Very bad movie. Not worth watching.

Compared to Alien and Aliens, this movie is awful. It doesn't bring anything new to the Alien series and its just blood and swearing. If you we're thinking about watching this movie I dont think you should waste your time.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn September 5, 2011

Not bad, but very depressing

Honestly, I really don't think that Alien3 is even close to as bad as many other Alien fans think, but that doesn't mean that it isn't depressing, extremely violent and constantly profane. One thing that I do understand and what may very much trouble younger viewers is the fact that there is almost no characters to root for, and that it is mostly just Ripley amongst a bunch of rapists and convicts. Another thing that may bother younger audience who may have seen the previous two films, is the beginning where two likable characters from the previous film are brutally and savagely killed off. A Fairly decent third sequel, but incredibly mature and gruesomely violent.
Kid, 12 years old November 6, 2012

Alien 3 light on gore but high on language

Alien 3 is not as good as the first two but it is better than most sci-fi films. suprisingly aside from a scene in which a creature burst through a dogs stomach this film is extremely low on gore. Most of the deaths are off screen. If there was less language the film might have had a shot at a high PG-13. this film by far contains the most language in the series. Some scenes have numerous F- words. They also use phrases like "I'm gonna take a piss on her." There is one scene when men attempt to rape a woman but she is rescued. In one scene an autopsy is performed. But all you can see is blood on the surgeuns coat. Some of the language is too much for younger audiences. 14 and up
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe Person Guy May 19, 2011

This was probably the worst in the series due to the poor animation. Lots of language and some very bloody parts. My MPAA Rating: [R] for Strong Language and some Bloody Scenes
Teen, 14 years old Written byantoineisthebest April 24, 2011

not bad but not for younger viewer

I have seen worst in violence and gore not a bad movie
Teen, 14 years old Written by8colony8 February 1, 2011

Good for OLDER teens

A good sequel in a good series. However, there is LOADS AND LOADS of STRONG language, and a few very, very, very bloody parts.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMavrah333 May 2, 2015

Darker, violent sequel presents ideas on sacrifice and religion.

Bear in mind, the version I have watched is the assembly cut, which means that many plot points are changed (and many would argue were improved upon). Alien 3 is certainly weaker than Alien or Aliens, but is definitely superior to Resurrection, and presents enough thrills and action to keep a fan of science fiction or horror on the edge of their seats. I actually rather enjoyed this, and I liked the ideas of religion and sacrifice presented. However, the violence is overwhelmingly brutal, with far more gore than the previous instalments, and language is FAR more pervasive (constant use of f--k and s--t, words such as p--s and w--ker common). Overall, several disappointing plot points, such as killing beloved characters from Aliens off screen, lets down what is otherwise a nice but grim conclusion to the Alien trilogy. Final Score: 7/10: Good.
Teen, 16 years old Written byevolinag December 19, 2012

Third installment is still good, but more violent. Older audiences only!

"Alien³" is the third installment of the science fiction saga "Alien". ----------------------- Being part of a saga, the problem with "Alien³" is that it will always be overshadowed by its superior preceeders. The first one was a perfect mix of suspense and science fiction, and the second one was an action movie with a surprisingly thoughtful subplot involving a child. "Alien³", however, has neither new ideas nor any overwehelming addition to the plot. Still, you can't say that David Fincher (who later will make the infamous cult classics "Se7en" and "Fight Club") didn't do anything he could to make it a good movie. The scenes are suspenseful, with a really good and innovative new athmosphere. Charles S. Dutton's character Dillon is really interesting, being particularly the only one of the prisoners who really learned his lesson. He even tells Ripley to stay away from him, in order to prevent her from himself. In his debut as a film director (he made Madonna's "Express Yourself" video before), Fincher already proofed that he has talent, and that makes up the fact that this movie is not nearly as original as its preceeders, and that it has a weaker script. ----------------------------------------------- (SPOILERS may folloe:) "Alien³" is much more violent than its preceeders. Except for Ripley, every survivor of Alien 2 dies at the beginning. That includes Newt, a little girl. Later, an autopsy is seen. We don't see too much, but there is a gruesome sound. We see the bloody tool and a very brief shot of her lung. An alien creature bursts out of a dog's stomach with gallons of blood all over the floor. A man falls into a fan and gets dismembered (very grpahic and gory). Apart from this, the Alien typical violence like aliens bursting out of chests and people being attacked by the alien in rapid cuts. But the gory scenes, especially the fan scene are unlikely to be okay for viewers under 15.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow October 21, 2012

Best of the Sigourney Weaver Alien movies!

Out of all the four original Alien films, this one is my favorite. I know a lot of people consider this to be the least good of all the original films, but for me, it's the Alien film I always wanted. It combines the dark, gothic chills of the first film with the gleefully over-the-top gore of the second film to make for what is easily the most gruesome film in the Alien series. Some people hated it for this reason, but I thought that was its greatest quality. Director David Fincher does an excellent job wrapping up what was supposed to be a trilogy, complete with a horrific twist ending that just felt perfect. The new alien looked awesome, with greater speed and even more teeth. The cinematography was awesome, giving us some great shots from the alien's point of view while it runs. The sets were breathtaking, and they really captured the nihilistic tone of the movie. The musical score was very smooth and dark, with good ups-and-downs to the tune and some elements that sounded really perilous and grim. I liked how they continued the evolution of Ripley, seeming to become more determined, strong, and relatable with each film. The plot was also well-rendered, with metaphors regarding Heaven, Hell, the devil, and other religious elements. And the script is much less clichéd than it was in the second film, returning to the grim seriousness of the first film. My only real problem with it is the sound mixing; the music and echoing often muffles the dialogue between the characters, and I had to turn on subtitles. But that alone cannot bring down a movie like this. Although many people will be turned away by its increased gore and nihilism over the previous films, I consider it the best for all its dark traits.
Teen, 15 years old Written by80sfan8 May 14, 2012

Not good as the first two

I've seen the first three movies and this one is probably the most violent in the series so far. It's also not as good as the first two, but still pretty enjoyable.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. February 10, 2012

Gross gory threequeal is definitely the worst one.

The alien attacks several characters by using it's mouth within a mouth to penetrate their skulls (lots of blood and gore is in these scenes). A man who happens to be standing underneath an alien attack has sheets of blood poured down on his face. The alien attacks one man, making him fall back into a giant fan. This is very brief, but for the few seconds that it is on-screen, we see massive amounts of red chunks and blood spraying. In one gross scene many characters are killed, in an attempt to bait the alien in. The alien chases people on walls, and grab them and tears them apart, one man is torn in half, with his lower half of body is shown flying forward, and gore spraying forth.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhrodi007 November 9, 2010

ok for older kids, not for young kids

This movie has a lot of violence and language. Not for young kids. It is ok for teenagers.
Kid, 11 years old May 24, 2010

not sutibal for 16 or under

I really liked this film it is one of my favorites but they swear and smoke a lot i mean a lot!It is realllllly reallllllllly violent as well
Kid, 10 years old July 20, 2009

movie was pretty bad

I thought this movie was pretty bad. Not much happens in this movie. The movie was pretty much just violence,gore,blood and swearing. I would say it would be for around 12 years old.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

I exspected more than continious violence and gore.

i havd been wanting to see the alien movies for3 years so when i got permission i watched it on t.v. i was surprised. too much blood! if you like pointless gore where it doesn't need to be this is for you. i say ok for mauture 16 year olds.