All member reviews for Aliens in the Attic

Silly teens-versus-aliens adventure is sure to delight kids.

Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byHighPlainsMom August 11, 2009

Entertaining for Tweens

I always wonder why film makers find it necessary to include any remotely sexual content in movies marketed to young children. Although it may fly right over the heads of younger kids or older, desensitized children -- there are scenes involving the older sister and her boyfriend (who, it is revealed in the movie, has lied about his age in order to date a younger girl) which seem a bit naughty. There are public displays of affection, a scene near a pool where the girl sits in a revealing bikini and inferences that the boyfriend has lied about his car breaking down in order to spend the night in the same house with the girl(some might even infer that he wishes to sleep with her.) As is usually the case, the adults are portrayed as clueless and unresponsive to the concerns of their younger children. As for the alien activity, I didn't find it at all scary and there is one friendly alien who is downright adorable. There is some slapstick-type violence and a few explosions. Overall, the movie is entertaining for older children and adults. My 12-year-old son enjoyed it.
Adult Written byMcKFam August 1, 2009

J, age 10, and P, age 8, thought that Aliens in the attic was a little scary. It is very funny. Mom and Dad thought it was entertaining... but there was a little too much sexy stuff. Other than that-- really cute movie.
Kid, 12 years old August 25, 2013

Good, but not great

Funny movie, enjoyable to watch with family, though no positive messages. Very mild cursing, but okay for kids 7 and over.
Kid, 12 years old February 24, 2011

Great movie for anyone over 6

It's good but I hate it when they advertise so much, it's like the movie is more adverts than movie. I think that the role models aren't great haha with the eldest kid ruining her ex-boyfriends life! :L ah well it's really funny so yeah!
Teen, 15 years old Written byOGORMAN February 7, 2011

A wonderful family movie for kids of practically any age.

I babysit for a family of six kids ages: 4, 6, 7, 10, 10, and 11. We watched this movie and enjoyed it a lot. Though the kids are played by generally unknown actors (some breakouts like: Austin Butler and Carter Jenkins) the acting was still really believable. The aliens didn't really look like most people would think, they looked more like big green boogers to me, but the bond Hannah forms with the one nice alien is adorable. Funny jokes and sarcastic comments between the kids create a humorous air. Though you wonder how the adults can't hear the crashing and screaming from downstairs and the parental control seems slightly lost. Beth and Ricky's relationship is so fake seeming I don't even want to elaborate because it's doesn't affect the movie in any way. Comments? Questions? Concerns? Email me: ogormanscommonsense at yahoo. :)
Parent of a 8 and 9 year old Written byRichard Warriner January 24, 2011

Great film for kids and adults alike

Takes a while to get started but once the aliens show up the fun starts. My 8 & 9 year olds loved it and I have to admit that there were several laugh out loud moments for me too
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe October 26, 2010

The cutesy alien movie. For violence and scaryness: most of it is humorous and the aliens are honestly to funny looking to be scary. Romance wise: Ashley Tisdale's character flirts a lot with her boyfriend but there's nothing scandalous. The language: Some mild insults are thrown around. Consumerism: There are a lot of products in this movie!! Overall, good for kids who want to watch an alien movie without being scared or grossed out.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byerinmort December 16, 2009

probably to scary for smaller children.

it was pretty violent. lots of fighting, but a cute movie, probably to scary for smaller children.
Parent of a 5, 7, 10, and 11 year old Written byihave4sons December 2, 2009

For once "my" kids got along

Laugh out loud funny! This movie had a strange effect on my boys even; they all wanted to see it, got along whilr watching it, and were in a good mood when we left! Aliens in the Attic, for my family, was a movie we all could agree on and enjoy as a family...
Adult Written by1NYtimes movie ... August 12, 2009

great for everyone

amazing alot of critics say it is lame but it is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written bygvotz4 August 2, 2009

no real issues with content

Middle of the road, it kept me and my kids entertained but we all agreed it wasn't one of the best movies we had seen lately. The adults were portrayed as completely clueless and frankly had little to do in this movie. I found myself wandering why Andy Richter and Doris Roberts even bothered to show up. A little bit of mild language and sensuality but nothing most kids don't see every day . . . .
Kid, 11 years old June 20, 2014

Aliens in the Attic

My profile: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/users/epic-waffles Just fine movie that is one of those ok invading alien movies (excluding E.T. and Earth to Echo those are awesome) that are good for kids. Just has some violence. The "sexy stuff" is that a girl is dating a guy. The only consumerism is that a boy has a Nintendo DS lite, a boy mentions Xbox and the M-rated video game, Halo, and Nintendo's famous gaming console Wii is mentioned.
Teen, 15 years old Written by9steve February 11, 2013

aliens in the attic review for me and my kids me likeing it but not the kids.

bad for kids that dont like aliens.
Teen, 13 years old Written byILuvCandy August 7, 2012

entertaining movie

i really liked it when i was young and my 7 year old sister found the DVD and watches it always and i watch it with her!
Kid, 9 years old July 28, 2012

4 OUT OF 5 STARS

IT IS REALLY GOOD LITTLE KIDS MAY FIND IT FUN
Teen, 14 years old Written byHanna.R June 14, 2012

Inappropriate movie, no age should ever be watching this.

This is really not a movie for kids or for anyone in general, I really don't like the amount of bikini wearing in this for one thing. And then second of all I don't find the amount of groin hits that there are funny, after each one it's supposed to be funny and I really don't think that it's appropriate. Especially the sounds they make during each one like a crunching sound to try to make it funny but it's just inappropriate. Plus the kids in it decide not to tell they're parents about the main problem in the movie to lower it's appropriateness even more. Plus I don't like the intense amount of kissing and flirting either. I really can't believe something so inappropriate could be rated PG, it's really shameful. Plus I don't find someone lying to their parents so they can date someone at all appropriate. And to add, I noticed this in the background for the few seconds it was shown in one scene where a teen girl can be seen getting undressed and she's completely naked, you can see about 95% of her entire body and it's just horrible that they added this to a supposed kids movie!!!!!!!!! OVERALL, NEVER let anybody watch this, it's horrible to the point where it makes you wonder just what has truly happened to movie ratings!!!!!!!! Not even an adult or any age should ever watch it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 April 11, 2012

sci-fi meets silly kid romp in bland kid flick

this off-the-mark sci-fi film mixes together humor and violence. there are guns, but they are not lethal and are hand made. there are some uses of fireworks as weapons, and the aliens are sometimes scary.
Kid, 7 years old January 7, 2012

noooooooo

please 5 and under dont watch not ok
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 August 25, 2011

Surprisingly Enjoyable Funny Movie

This was a surprisingly enjoyable funny movie. Some language. No biggy except for an uncompleted S word.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycraftygirl202 July 26, 2011

Pause for Even Mature Kids

My little sister, Alyssa, watched this movie when she was seven in theaters. Although she was a very mature seven year old, I thought some things were sort of iffy for her. There was a few scenes of inappropriate stuff, such as sex and violence. Maybe you should wait to let your seven year old watch this movie.